Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Raffle - Custom Full Dragonskin Silicone Tail - $1,500

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    there's also the ask box on her tumblr: http://kantikane.tumblr.com/ she posted/answered something a week ago
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    ugh RayeBlonde I wanna ask you, and I keep mulling it over how to ask it without sounding rude and I can't think of a way. So please, don't take this as a jab but just an honest looking for more context... why would you give someone who's not a tail maker 1500$? Like, when I gave Raven money I'd known her for years, she swam in tails, made other tails, and repaired mine for me. So I was okay with giving her that kind of money (though I got nervous when it took a while too) and it worked out well for me. But with Kanti, I had no clue (I guess cuz I didn't use the other forum?) that people were actually paying for tails in full when she was still collecting raffle money and hadn't even made a tail before.
    You wanna know why?
    Cause I'm absolutely flipping DESPERATE ))):
    I cant afford an expensive ass tail
    and I want a new one because mine literally
    tears my feet up and they start bleeding.
    I have scars on my feet from the damn monofin inside of
    this tail. There's holes everywhere that they tried to repair
    but I think the damage done by previous models is just a little too much.
    It also doesn't fit. Its more than way too tight on me. The holes
    probably wouldn't show if I put a girl who is a size 0-2 in my tail.

When I heard someone was going to make a tail for only
    1,500 I got so very excited and wanted to JUMP at the opportunity
    to get my dream tail for cheaper.

Another reason, I looked at her other work and thought it
    was awesome so I figured she'd definitely be able to do it.
    She knows exactly how to make a tail (I watched her youtube videos)
    and she pointed out all these things about other tails that piss me off and
    was going to make sure my tail didn't have any of those issues.

Another: She's local to me. I have been dying to work with someone
    locally on my dream tail. When I saw the design she drew my jaw dropped
    and I got swooned and instantly was thinking oh my god this is my dream I need
    to invest in this tail.

Additionally: I figured since the whole raffle thing was going on
    that I could trust it more since all these people were investing money
    as well. I figured, welp, there's no way she's going to run out of money
    for supplies. Wrong, I was again I guess):

Sounds like an awesome plan!
    If people want to sell tails they need to make one or two
    PREMADES (not customs) and auction those off before they proceed with becoming a tail maker.

When you really want something, it can make you do stupid shit.
    I pulled a Fry I guess. ):
    Name:  shutup.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  31.9 KB
    Last edited by Patches; 02-11-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    ~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Aww yeah I see your perspective.I'm sorry to hear all that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't blame you at all for trusting her, if I was in your situation I would have jumped at the chance too. $1500 is an awfully good deal for a completely custom tail made to your designs. Even though she hasn't made a tail before she still seemed very knowledgeable and seeing her other work I had no doubt whatsoever that she would be able to make a great tail.

I feel like everyone is knowledgeable though. iona and I and several others know all the details too simply from being around long enough.

Anyway thanks for answering me Raye. Did you try checking in with your bank?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I still think that if kanti were to manage to sort this whole mess out and fix whatever issues that have caused all this, that she could produce great tails. She is skilled and knowledgable. I just think that perhaps she took this on at a time when she really wasn't actually ready for the pressure of it all.

I also think she should have been focusing on one thing, which is why I was originally suprised that she was doing the indiegogo for her horns at the same time when she was supposed to be doing the tail stuff.

and perhaps her selling the masks and stuff is a good sign for those of us wanting our money back - she might be using that to raise the money to pay us all back -trying this whole positive thinking thing-

I also want to chime in on the whole discussion about if there should be rules for new tail makers. Realistically, as someone looking at starting making and selling them, I don't think it's fair or reasonable to demand that someone has to shell out their own cash to make more than one tail before they are 'allowed' to sell tails. I for one would NOT ever be able to do so, at least not for a very long time. I am intending on making my own tail yeah to get the processes down but I couldn't afford to keep paying out for materials for 'premades' or extra personal tails without some kind of financial backing. To enforce those kind of rules means that it's making it near impossible for people to start a tailmaking business and kinda makes the market restricted to existing tailmakers only. And as amazing as raven is, 1) I would love to see a certain other tailmaker driven out of business and 2) you never know what that poor kid with amazing talent and a great imagination could do to further advance the art of tailmaking. *rant over*

Not trying to start any drama I swear, just saying my honest opinion and showing things from another perspective xx

- Photography Fanpage -

Just to update those on this thread, Kanti still has not replied to any of my attempts to contact her, I am trying one last attempt to email her now and make it clear that she has managed to loose even me as her last remaining ally or last understanding ear unless she were to reply now and start sorting out the refunds.

I don't even have the option of taking legal action to get my money back as I'm not in the same country =(

- Photography Fanpage -

Really sorry you all went through this.

File a complaint with IC3 as well. I made a whole topic on this; im a generous and patient person but this has crossed a line for me.