Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Workouts for Performance and Modeling

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Artisankatie's Avatar
    When I was 17 I was at the height of my fitness as I was playing badminton competitively and training/playing for 11 hours a week as well as running 3km every day and riding my horse for hours on end at the weekends. Then I went to uni and livened up my studying with chocolate. I put on 20 kilos in no time, and now I'm 23 and trying to get rid of 10 of those kilos.
    At the moment the Australian government is running an ad campaign on healthier lifestyles by 'becoming a swapper', where you swap your normal habits for healthier choices, and my NY resolution was to become a swapper. And so far it's working pretty well (not entirely by choice -I walk instead of driving my car because I can't afford the petrol at the moment).
    So maybe other mers could try to implement something like that - it can also save money - my human and I found that if we put a couple of scoops of ice cream in a cone instead of filling a bowl, the ice cream lasts longer and we eat less because we're too lazy to get another cone :P

EDIT: I don't mean to put the focus on dietary habits, the point of swapping is to change habits a little at a time rather than try to get into something totally new.
    Last edited by Artisankatie; 02-16-2012 at 05:06 AM.

I don't do anything yet, but I really should start doing something about my belly flab. =/ I've already had like, 3 people post comments about it online on my photos.

Any tips for increasing lung capacity other than running and swimming?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirena View Post
    I hate running, hate it so much I can not imagine how you people are able to run like 4-7 miles.
    It's on my new year's resolutions/bucket list to run a marathon in November, so I'm pretty motivated. I have gotten shin splints once though, from over doing it.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I got the exercises FINALLY written out! I will post them as soon as I can figure out my scanner lol.
    Mermaid Jewel

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    BOSU trainers help swimming because it helps train core muscle body balance. One thing you do as a swimmer is just float in the water in a streamline and learn how to correct your balance so you don't tip while you swim.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Luna View Post
    I don't do anything yet, but I really should start doing something about my belly flab. =/ I've already had like, 3 people post comments about it online on my photos.

Any tips for increasing lung capacity other than running and swimming?

To state the obvious, people on the internet are assholes. You look fantastic.

About lung capacity, I'm pretty sure freedivers do breathholding exercises that you can do in or out of water. Also, someone once told me that they got better at breathholding from yoga, though I don't know if that's true.

My job in itself is a full work out, i'm a housekeeper at a 5 star hotel. But iv never passed 120 and i eat like a man. Im going vegan though because im turning 20 and women's metabolisms tend to slow down with age.
    As for breathholding, its true about yoga helping not only for that but for flexibility and resistance in general. Its the best exercise you could ever do for your general mind and health.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Doing sit ups, push ups and planks are the easiest ways to get flat abs. I did this in February and it worked pretty well And it's simple!