Thread: Member f!)orever, but never an intro!

Member f!)orever, but never an intro!

Hi *finslap*! My typical name is Kaitlyn. I am eighteen at last!

So, onto greater things. I do not have a tail as of late, but I officially have a jar that I am putting all of my cash/change into, since I normally keep everything in my bank account (I have some sly family members). I have no job, either, to save for that tail, because I had a gods-awful experience at the local fast food place and cannot do it again. It was an illegal situation through and through.

I go to the community college by us for Information Technology. I am quite fond of Web design and html coding. It was really fun (but frustrating!) to create my new signature for MerNetwork. Oh, and I put myself on the Map, for anyone wondering. I am a Virginia mermaid!

I love to sing and sew, and sing while I sew...you get the idea. I am a very musical person. I play some keyboard, a good bit of cornet (a squished trumpet), and have learned a song already on the violin. Workin' on it. I love it all.

I am disabled and hope to get a service dog soon. I have tried to do this for five years lol. But now, I have the formal application, and they know who I am after all of the emails.

As a last thing, I have absolutely no idea what my "mersona" looks like. I just adore h2o and Mako Mermaids (one of my Betta's name is Mako!). I am hoping to find some finspiration on here somewhere!

*swims behind rocks*
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Hi! It's cool that you've been here for so long! I like to sew too. Primarily I do cross-stich and embroidery, what do you do?
    I see you are still trying to find a name, which ones are you thinking of?
    Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars

Ah, sorry I got back to you so late!

I usually make doll clothes and such. I've made a few larger things, but it's not my forte.

I like Sirena and Marina, but I feel as though those are far too common! I have no idea what I want lol.
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Ooooo doll clothes! That sound like fun!
    As for the name situation, Sirena and Marina are common, but there are plenty of common names humans have! Personally, I like Marina.
    Here are two suggestions:
    Cantata (musical composition with vocal elements) Not really a name, but since you like music......
    Melisma (a group of notes sung to one syllable of text) This one is a name, but not very common.
    Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars

Other name inspirations if you're still looking for ideas:
    Asherah Israeli Ancient she who walks in the sea
    Cari Turkish flows like water
    Cordelia jewel of the sea
    Delora Latin from the seashore
    Dorea / Doria Greek of the sea
    Doris Greek the sea
    Ebba flowing tide
    Geneva white wave
    Genevieve German white wave
    Hali Greek the sea
    Kaia the sea
    Maris English of the sea
    Maritza Spanish of the sea
    Muriel shining sea
    Nadia dew on the surface
    Naia Basque wave, sea foam
    Nereida sea nymph
    Nerissa from the sea
    Talia dew of heaven
    Ula Celtic sea jewel
    Una Latin white wave
    Undine Latin daughter of the waves
    Vivian / Vivien Latin lady of the lake
    Winnifred Welsh white wave
    Welcome to the pod!
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley