Thread: Fundraising ideas?

Fundraising ideas?

So I made my first tail, and it looks absolutely lovely. It's sapphire blue with black down the sides, and I love it. Except for the fact that it's entirely too small for me. When I pull it up, it only covers half of my bottom and the fabric bunches around my ankles. I'm really upset that I spent so much money on something that I can't even use. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to make a whole new one. I have the design all laid out and I'm having my mer-sis help me with it... when I save up the money. So I was wondering how all of you save up for your tails? I have 2 jobs, but every penny I make goes to rent and electricity. I barely have enough for food in the end and most days I go without eating. How I saved up enough in the first place, I have no idea. BUT, does anyone have any ideas on how I can save up money? :/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Syrenia; 09-12-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    maybe you should auction this one off? But also, Raven just added another strip of treated neoprene to my tail and it works fine- covers my butt and the seam is not very noticeable.

I fundraised creating a paypal donation link, posted in on DA, FB, Mer Yuku, etc. I told people what I had done all ready with my tail and what I'd plan to do with a new one!

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    One idea, although you may not want to do it, would be to sell you too small tail. I made money for my tail by creating costumes and selling them on etsy. If you know how to sew or something, I would suggest that as a way to make money.