Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions Wait Time

Pretty quiet here.
    Anybody get an updated production schedule yet on their tail????

I'm still waiting on my top. I got my tail back in August and was supposed to get my top at the same time. -sighs-
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar
    Nothing yet. I know I'm in the big batch of post merfest Jan 2015 orders. If I see Christian post something, I'll be not to far behind. No biggie right now for me, life pulled up with a truckload of lemons, so I'm super busy making Lemonaid.

Been about three weeks now since the twins said they would have a new production schedule for everyone that has paid for a tail.
    Has anyone gotten their new schedule date yet?

Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar
    Nothing yet. Just waiting to see them make their #1 clients tail though he has been very destructive in the mer community this past year.

Well, in less than 8 hours it will officially have been 23 months since I placed my initial order and payment and 18 months since the one and only update photo received on my fluke........ *sigh*

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidhunter View Post
    Well, in less than 8 hours it will officially have been 23 months since I placed my initial order and payment and 18 months since the one and only update photo received on my fluke........ *sigh*
    Ok, I'm as much enamored by their work as anyone else but that is absolutely ridiculous customer service.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Today officially marks my 2 year anniversary of placing my initial order.......... and no end in site........

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Okay, I'm confused. If silicon has a very short "stick too" lifetime, aka once you start working with it you have to keep working until it's done or it will lose the ability to accept paint, or anything else then how could you have seen the fluke yet not have a tail when technically should have been done because of time restraints? Do I make sense? Were they working on a new fluke type in clay, or one of their flukes in silicon?

I sent them a message in November I believe to ask about ordering a tail and never heard back so I went with MerNation instead and a month later was swimming in my new tail. I love Finfolk. Their work is gorgeous but is it worth waiting years for?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    The best result for adhering silicone to silicone is a short time, but it's been my experience that the working time is a lot more flexible than that. Not sure about painted silicone, myself, whether or not thinned silicone used for painting acts differently.

omg Hunter....I'm in disbelief. That is such a long time, and to only have the one update..... Your patience is really something to be admired because I would be completely and totally losing my mind.

I'm not pointing fingers here because I'm aware that I do not have enough information. I'd just wondering what their production list looks like... Some well-known clients have gotten tails recently (Sirena, Hyli, Eden, Arizona Ren Faire) and I'm wondering if those clients or any of their other clients have had a wait similar to yours... Maybe they paid rush fees? Did you pay a rush fee?

I know that they are busy busy busy making tails, but it might not be a bad idea to hire someone to handle their correspondence so that people aren't dropping thousands of dollars only to wait years with no updates.

I know they had to take a few days off for some stuff over this weekend (not to give an excuse, just giving context) They *did* have an assistant (Alicia Ward) and she kinda just disappeared on them without warning (now we know why) and it was so close to their move they couldn't get someone new in time.

But yeah two years is a crazy wait! I know there's a few merbellas clients edging that far as well but for specific reasons (such as Tia's elaborate design that required a lot of testing first)

Hopefully you hear something soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison MerFaerie View Post
    omg Hunter....I'm in disbelief. That is such a long time, and to only have the one update..... Your patience is really something to be admired because I would be completely and totally losing my mind.

I'm not pointing fingers here because I'm aware that I do not have enough information. I'd just wondering what their production list looks like... Some well-known clients have gotten tails recently (Sirena, Hyli, Eden, Arizona Ren Faire) and I'm wondering if those clients or any of their other clients have had a wait similar to yours... Maybe they paid rush fees? Did you pay a rush fee?
    I guess I am more understanding and forgiving than most..... I am still waiting on two Indiana Jones fedoras and that has been since 2008 (8 years now)
    To answer your question I did not pay a rush fee.

I have heard from the girls today so I am going to leave things at that for now and hope for the best.

Thats good, glad you heard from them

*ding* 25 months....... but at least I finally got a progress pic :-)

Glad to hear it!

*ding* 25 months....... but at least I finally got a progress pic :-)
    Was it the blue and black one they posted on Instagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Was it the blue and black one they posted on Instagram?
    No, the one picture I got was of it unpainted.
    And mine will be greens and white with some red........ another freshwater fish style like the bass one was.

No, the one picture I got was of it unpainted.
    And mine will be greens and white with some red........ another freshwater fish style like the bass one was.
    That sounds like it'll look awesome. Did they give you any idea when it will be done?

They said they had hoped to ship at the end of March

No date yet.......