Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Meet up this summer!!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacora View Post
    Do you guys think it would be a good idea to go ahead and start planning for next year? I think that would give most of us some time to put money away for the trip(the reason I cant go this year -.- )and be able to set a date and give plenty of heads up. I dont mind being organizer but when it comes to going up to Dallas ill need help with it since I don't have much of an interest of going up that way.
    Next year sounds good and I'd be willing to help with the Dallas one since I'm in Irving.

When: If we do it next year, I'm pretty much open mid May through mid September. I assume we are looking at a weekend date so people can drive up on Saturday and leave Sunday. I'd prefer we not do it on a holiday weekend since the lakes will be super busy and I tend to work those, but if that's convenient for everyone else I'll work around that.

Location: Here's a list of lakes in the D/FW area: http://www.town-mall.net/community/texas_lakes.html I'll have to do some research on which ones you can swim in, water clarity, etc.

Hotels: I'm a AAA member. Once we decide on a location I can get a list of inexpensive hotels in the area.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar

Re: Meet up this summer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Next year sounds good and I'd be willing to help with the Dallas one since I'm in Irving.

When: If we do it next year, I'm pretty much open mid May through mid September. I assume we are looking at a weekend date so people can drive up on Saturday and leave Sunday. I'd prefer we not do it on a holiday weekend since the lakes will be super busy and I tend to work those, but if that's convenient for everyone else I'll work around that.

Location: Here's a list of lakes in the D/FW area: http://www.town-mall.net/community/texas_lakes.html I'll have to do some research on which ones you can swim in, water clarity, etc.

Hotels: I'm a AAA member. Once we decide on a location I can get a list of inexpensive hotels in the area.
    Sweetness. I'm gonna start a new thread next week with polls for voting on dates and locations. I agree on the holidays, I would rather not have it on a holiday weekend or week since ill be with family or working. But we shall leave it up to the pod to vote on dates and such.
    Ill post here abd in fb with the thread link when its set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

As a quick note, if anyone's going, coming, or currently at Galveston, I'm in The Spot by the door.