Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    By the way, I feel I should point out that the tails have white zippers, despite the fact that most of them have dark accents. It isn't very noticeable, but a few people have been disappointed by it so I'm gonna give a heads up about it here.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, so apparently the reason was the colored zippers would have delayed them for a month (so they'd end up being released in February instead of January). Finfolk opted for quicker shipment hence the white, however many pod members have said it's easily correctable by using a sharpie to color it in.

I feel ya on it, for the darker ones it's noticeable but considering the feedback of A LOT OF PEOPLE wanting them sooner, I can see why they kept the white. It's funny one of the twins was like "why are zippers so problematic?" However the next batch of fabric tails will have colored zippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    So I wanted to let you all know that the Mahina Monofin does fit in the Finfolk fabric tail - at least it fits in the Sea Nymph fluke.

Attachment 42716

Here is my video talking about how I got the Mahina Monofin to fit:

But it is confirmed not to fit a lotus fluke. I don't have a mahina to try with my sea sapphire, but I personally wouldn't. My fluke has an inward curve to the fins, which wouldn't be very friendly for a mahina. Even with the sea nymph fluke, somebody else in the pod squad tried it and their mahina was nearly ripping their seams, so it depends on the size of the tail AND the size of the mahina whether this would work.

Honestly, if you guys prefer having a solid rubber monofin, I'd just stick with the finis foil. It doesn't have that same flowy mermaidy look that the mahina has on it's own, but the tail skins on these tails are enough to make up for that. It fits into these tails a lot easier than the mahina did, so you won't have to risk breaking the zipper either. /mytwocents

On another note, your living room looks gorgeous.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Are they restocking in February? Hopefully they will do a dark red or green in the sea nymph fluke.
    I hope they do. My birthday is in February, so it would be a good gift to myself, but I would want a darker green tail to go along with my current color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMer View Post
    I hope they do. My birthday is in February, so it would be a good gift to myself, but I would want a darker green tail to go along with my current color scheme.
    Once everyone's is shipped out they're going to sell any remaining of this round and the next release will be all different. Apparently it'll be constantly evolving with colors but they may bring back some old ones.

I just got word from FinFolk Productions yay yay yay!!!!! 🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️🧜🏻*♀️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Someone is screaming with excitement

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAuquita1998 View Post
    I just got word from FinFolk Productions yay yay yay!!!!! 隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️

When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Someone is screaming with excitement
    Slim I’m so excited I can’t wait

Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

I GOT MINE AND ITS REALLY HARD TO GET OVER THE BUTT BUT SHE FITS!

Yeah I definitely stretch those hip measurements

She's currently stashed under laundry on the floor so she's safe

I need to get another monofin though. I have the wave and it fits but I may still get a trainer for better training for my silicone one and it'll be easier getting in the tail.

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    I received mine recently as well! I got the Eternal Ember.

Here's my take on the sizing:

I'm pretty short (5'2, 115lbs or so) and I got the XS. It is EXTREMELY hard to get over my butt, and is definitely several inches too long, which creates significant wrinkles around my ankles that I can't straighten out. I'm hoping getting one of the recommended monofins will help with this, at least a little.

Speaking of monofins...

I have a mahina and a hydra monofin, and tried to squeeze them in. I managed to get the mahina in there, but as people have said it is a very tight fit and I feel bad for my poor seams.
    The hydra WILL NOT fit in my XS - the blade of the fin fits very well, but due to the space in between the footpockets the whole fin will not fit in the tail. A tail size with wider ankle space may fit the hydra, but it doesn't seem likely to me due to how much of the monofin stuck out.

I'll try to get some pictures of the monofin fit and upload them at some point.

Other than that, I really do like it. The vinyl in the fluke is genius - a real game changer for fabric tails. The construction is great, and the scale printing is stunning. The fact that it is the same size as their silicone tails is also a huge plus in my book. As people have already said, the zipper is white and is too noticeable for my liking, but I plan on taking a sharpie to it so it's not a big deal.

I plan to take it on a test swim in a few days!!
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

Quote Originally Posted by saborigakusei View Post
    I received mine recently as well! I got the Eternal Ember.

Here's my take on the sizing:

I'm pretty short (5'2, 115lbs or so) and I got the XS. It is EXTREMELY hard to get over my butt, and is definitely several inches too long, which creates significant wrinkles around my ankles that I can't straighten out. I'm hoping getting one of the recommended monofins will help with this, at least a little.

Speaking of monofins...

I have a mahina and a hydra monofin, and tried to squeeze them in. I managed to get the mahina in there, but as people have said it is a very tight fit and I feel bad for my poor seams.
    The hydra WILL NOT fit in my XS - the blade of the fin fits very well, but due to the space in between the footpockets the whole fin will not fit in the tail. A tail size with wider ankle space may fit the hydra, but it doesn't seem likely to me due to how much of the monofin stuck out.

I'll try to get some pictures of the monofin fit and upload them at some point.

Other than that, I really do like it. The vinyl in the fluke is genius - a real game changer for fabric tails. The construction is great, and the scale printing is stunning. The fact that it is the same size as their silicone tails is also a huge plus in my book. As people have already said, the zipper is white and is too noticeable for my liking, but I plan on taking a sharpie to it so it's not a big deal.

I plan to take it on a test swim in a few days!!
    Thanks a lot for your review on sizing and monofins, very insightful Let us know what you think of your test swim

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I just got word from FinFolk Productions yay yay yay!!!!! 隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️隆*♀️

I'm now obsessively checking my emails since I'm a Golden Fin girl too!

I’m trying to wait it out to see if they release any more colors/flukes/designs. I love the silver and black, but having so few choices means a lot of mers will feel the same :P

Now to wait for tax time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    Ohhhh that’s awesome

Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

I’ve been obsessively checking mine too What color did u get?

Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

So I'm hoping for some feedback on this tail from other people who have theirs.

How does this tail fit? How true are the measurements that Finfolks gives for these tails? I know that with the Mythic line they tend to run a bit large....
    I measured myself and while my waist fits the XXS the butt doesn't and it looks like I might be a little too tall if I've measured that part right. I've never worn neoprene before but I was aware that there's a tiny bit of a stretch to it, but I don't know how much....
    Should I be more concerned about that waist measurement that's firmly in the XXS measurment or that Butt measurement that's between two sizes? How important is that top ot tail ot ankle measument that I'm between sizes on as well?
    I just really want it to fit right for swimming as I don't want extra drag from it being too loose.
    Last edited by Magi; 01-09-2018 at 05:36 PM.

I’ve been obsessively checking mine too What color did u get?

Island Iris. I'm not sure if they will email me when they ship it

Island Iris. I'm not sure if they will email me when they ship it
    Omg I got the same color!!!! ❤️❤️❤️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️ So they told me that they will email a tracking number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

I got mine the day before yesterday. I got a small, despite having hips that should have made me get a medium, but it fits and I love it.Will get pics soon. And my cert was 29/300, which was cool to see.
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

So FinFolk said this

Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

So FinFolk said this

Good to know. I'm trying not to bug them since they need to take care of the paid orders first and the last thing they need is me bugging them for a tracking number, lol. I'm treating like a surprise.