Thread: NC Mermaid Returning from 2007 :)

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod The Vivix's Avatar

Follow The Vivix on Tumblr Visit The Vivix's Vimeo Channel

Smile NC Mermaid Returning from 2007 :)

Hello! My name's Gaby and I actually first started the mermaid thing back in 2007-2008 when I bought a Finis Tempo and made 2 tails. Over time other things took precedence and I sort of fell out of the hobby, but a few months ago I discovered that mermaiding has blossomed into this whole huge thing, and there's a whole community here that I never knew about!

I live in North Carolina in the Piedmont Triad region. I've looked around everywhere I can think of, but I can't seem to find other merfolk, or pods, or meetups in my area. Does anyone here live in the area, know of a meetup here, or heck, want to start a meetup?

Hello! Welcome to Mernetwork! I'm pretty new to the whole mermaiding scene. I just swam in my monofin for the first time on Sunday, but I learned a lot, and I'm ready to do it again!

I can't say I know much about North Carolina's mermaid population, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a few others on here from NC. If anything, you could always look around on Facebook to see if a pod group has been created! That's how I found my pod.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Take a look at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. They have “Fin Time” mermaid swims weekly! The times are listed under “Specialty Programs”.

https://greensboroaquaticcenter.com/

and look for Gate City Mermaids on Facebook!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod The Vivix's Avatar

Follow The Vivix on Tumblr Visit The Vivix's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by melody_del_mar View Post
    Hello! Welcome to Mernetwork! I'm pretty new to the whole mermaiding scene. I just swam in my monofin for the first time on Sunday, but I learned a lot, and I'm ready to do it again!

I can't say I know much about North Carolina's mermaid population, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a few others on here from NC. If anything, you could always look around on Facebook to see if a pod group has been created! That's how I found my pod.
    I've checked Facebook and the only NC pods I can find haven't been active since 2017-2018. I'll keep checking though, Mermaid Dan mentioned "Gate City Mermaids" and I'm never heard of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    Take a look at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. They have “Fin Time” mermaid swims weekly! The times are listed under “Specialty Programs”.

https://greensboroaquaticcenter.com/

and look for Gate City Mermaids on Facebook!
    I actually tried visiting them about a month ago, but I didn't realize their Fin Time event lasted longer than the summer! The flyer I saw back then made it look like July 31st was the last day. I'll have to go back. Their "mermaid certification" is only for kids, but it looks like Fin Time is for all ages for $10. That's certainly worth it.... I just bought a Mahina and I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be swimming with that huge thing amongst non-mers. Thanks for the tip!