Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Offering Fixes now?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Don't start a story with "it has come to my attention what a nice and giving guy I am" lol

I'll be honest, I think all tail makers do get taken advantage of. Even Eric. There will always be people who scam tail makers and try and take advantage of them.

One of the people he's talking about is Raven. Who yup he showed her how to make tails, and then scammed the crap out her, and shouldnt of been surprised when she went on to make much better tails developing her own methods. I mean, it all started when he refused to fix or replace my tail. So she did it for me. And having owned the first merbellas tail and a mertailor tail from the same time, they couldn't be more different. He is LUCKY that she took the knowledge she used from him and developed her own stuff and opposed to outright copying him. She could of. She didn't.

As for Matty, but the time they started dating Eric should of known better. That's why you have people you employ sign non competes and non disclosures. Again this was a case of, this person probably wouldn't have gone on to rival you had you treated them with BASIC respect. From what I heard the breakup was messy and some not so nice things were done to Matty. So ya know, I just don't blame the guy. Now, I DO think he needs to recreate himself. Whether he is remaking old stuff he did for mertailor or not, it's time to branch out and be something totally different from mertailor.

Eric drives people to do these things. Yes, people should be accountable. But he is so disrespectful in the past to friends, and employees, and clients. Clients wouldnt need to run to Matty to fix their tails if Eric did his job. Raven wouldn't have even started a tail making business had he not screwed us both over by giving us both shitty tails. Most people know my story but if you look back through the archives for Raven's story? It's insane. She was given a tail with puffy paint on it and bird poop. BIRD POOP. She ordered a lionfish tail. That's what he gave her. She'd been a loyal customer. It's hilarious when you see how amazing her own personal lionfish tail is that she recently made.

I don't think Eric realizes that him pissing people off is literally was has created his competition. Most tail makers I know got their start trying to do better than mertailor, or specifically because they had a bad mertailor experience. If you create a top of the line product and give actual customer services; you don't have to worry about other people trying to rival you. Your work stands on it's own. Aside from being annoyed at copycats do you think Finfolk and Merbellas cry over competition? lol. Nope. Too damn busy innovating!

With the what sets him apart is he doesnt act out of spite? Well I have about 3 years word of harassment and lies from the guy in a folder thanks to his reaction to my review. Which, I have him plenty of time, options, and chances to give me the tail I paid for. It's not like I didn't make a huge effort. So honestly, we see so much spite from him on his posts. Even this post is spiteful!

I wont deny Eric has a passion. I also don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to make money. But let's be honest, this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Eric's post often reflect that he believes in Karma for other people, does he not realize it effects him as well???

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    That's isn't something to post on a business Facebook page. It's unprofessional.

That being said, as a rhetorician in training, his argument seems to be "they tricked me into being nice"

Not to mention mertailor learned most of his tailmaking methods from other members of the community, possibly smoothon, and from other fx artists.

He isn't professionally trained in this stuff and he didn't develop groundbreaking new tailmaking methods.

Merrowtails didnt STEAL anything. Except maybe some customers. But that sure as hell isnt a result of Eric "being nice"

Eric if you read this: you absolutely have the ability to change your image in the mermaid community, but doing shit like this isn't going to do it. You've dug yourself a nice little hole but for some reason you think that digging deeper will fix it?? Idk bro. Work on your people skills if you want to be a public figure. This is a hot mess. .... Christ.... Who thinks shit like this is a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavana Starfish View Post
    When will all these "nice guys" realize that saying "I'm such a NICE GUY" is a huge red flag, and the term "nice guy" doesn't mean a kind, giving person. "Nice guy" actually means "massive narcissistic jerk" to everyone else on the planet who isn't a "nice guy." "I'm a nice guy" = you should actually stay far, far away from me.
    I swear I could write a book on this. This can be the description on the back of the book lol

Oh goodness.

Okay well going off of what Wesley said to Eric if he reads this:
    1. Quality over quantity - Remember each individual tail is a piece of art. It should be treated with care, attention, etc. Make each tail as if it were for you as in make it something YOU would be proud to wear OR make every tail so good that it could be used on your site to promote your tails (without Photoshop magic). Every tail should be put together with care. Don't rush too much.

2. Friendly & Understanding Customer service - I am not sure if you have hired anyone for customer service, but you need to improve on this area. Lots of people are complaining about this. I understand that working with people on a design can get frustrating. I just finished a logo for someone and I had to change it and make slight edits to it tons of times before they were 100% happy with it. I told them one of their ideas would make the logo look too busy, but they insisted I did it anyways. I finally finished making the edit they wanted to see and then they agreed that it did make it too busy looking. So yes, working with people can be frustrating but you have to stay calm and be patient. Walk outside and feed your koi or smell some flowers (sweet tea olive flowers are one of the best to smell) and then calmly reply to customers. Put yourself in your customer's shoes. Many of them have spent years saving up for a tail and have dreamed about it a looong time. If you were in the same situation, you would want to be treated right too.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Dear Eric,

I found your violon. It was hidden under the pile of bullshit you wrote.

Name:  original.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  23.6 KB

Also, this is how I feel about your products :

Pffff

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Lol. Sorry for all the typos in my post.

People. Eric has been told this stuff for years he doesn't listen. Thom Shouse will tell you stories and so will fox moon...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    I swear I could write a book on this. This can be the description on the back of the book lol

I will help you write it!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Dear Eric,

I found your violon. It was hidden under the pile of bullshit you wrote.

Name:  original.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  23.6 KB

Also, this is how I feel about your products :

bwahahahaha!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Stares at huge pile of identical "...unique and one of a kind..." bathing trunks...

Name:  Screenshot_2015-10-15-05-36-09.png
Views: 446
Size:  947.4 KB

You know, for someone bragging about how confident he feels about himself and his products, that's a lot of logos in one single speedo...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I know, right?

Hard to believe that he has no problem tagging SpeedoŽ in his post.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    #budgiesmugglers because Straya' mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    I have no idea of what you just said

I don't either. You Australian slang-ers!

Budgie-smuggler = men's speedos
    Because tight speedos may resemble that...
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    "because Straya' mate" = because it is Australia my friend/s

When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

...^OH........ I GET IT NOW LOL
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    I think many people believe "one of a kind" is a very colorful name for "innovative", "brand new", "exciting", "awesome" and so forth.

No. It means ONE. OF A KIND. Just one. You make one and you never make another one like it. Ever. Not even for all the gold in the world. If you make more than one, it stops being "one of a kind".

And I don't call selling the same design over and over "one of a kind", even if you make the item in question with your hands, and naturally, there will not be 2 exactly alike. I call that "hand made", not "one of a kind".