Thread: I bid you Greetings and Salutations, New here

Follow Mermaid Ichthya On Twitter Add Mermaid Ichthya on Facebook Add Mermaid Ichthya on Google+ Add Mermaid Ichthya on Bebo Add Mermaid Ichthya on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Ichthya on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Flickr Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Vimeo Channel

I bid you Greetings and Salutations, New here

You can call Mermaid Ichthya, I guess....I haven't earned my tail yet as it were.

I'm new to mermaiding, don't even have a monofin...yet.

I was recommended mermaiding by "@mermaidshells" on twitter, but it was Courtney Mermaid via a youtube video that referred me to this site.

I don't currently belong to any pods as of yet, not sure of any near of me...and I don't drive. I pretty much have to walk or get a ride, usually a bus in that case. But I get vertigo in vehicles for some unknown reason, because I don't get it on say a bicycle when riding.

Getting back to the monofin, other than not having one currently...idk anywhere near me where I can practice with one, even if I did. I'm on social security disability, so almost all of it goes to things like bills, rent, items I need, medical related stuff....etc

I live in Puyallup in Washington state USA (though I'm from Missouri), and I guess Puyallup is semi-close to Tacoma.

And I'm sorry if I'm rambling at all, social stuff is not my forte. I have Asperger's Syndrome, just so you know. So I apologize if I do or say something that is..."odd"?

At any rate, I'm really excited to be here and look forward to the day i earn my tail.

Have a fin-tastic day or night wherever you are in the world

-Yours Truly,
    Mermaid Ichthya

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    hi there ichthya! welcome to mernetwork!

i'm in washington too, but i'm southwest of you. there's a pod in seattle, but i don't know about tacoma.

if you have a ymca membership, try asking the lifeguards if you can practice there in the pool.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Follow Mermaid Ichthya On Twitter Add Mermaid Ichthya on Facebook Add Mermaid Ichthya on Google+ Add Mermaid Ichthya on Bebo Add Mermaid Ichthya on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Ichthya on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Flickr Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    hi there ichthya! welcome to mernetwork!

i'm in washington too, but i'm southwest of you. there's a pod in seattle, but i don't know about tacoma.

if you have a ymca membership, try asking the lifeguards if you can practice there in the pool.
    I have been thinking about it, there is a ymca down the road from where I live. I might be able to get a discount of some kind, being on social security disability. I wrote them an email, but they haven't replied. I will likely call them tomorrow and see if anything can be done, but I prefer not talking on the phone, but gotta bite the bullet on this one. ^////^;

Maybe I'll start my own pod there if there isn't any in Tacoma XD

Hey!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sakanachan View Post
    hi there! :3

Ahoy hoy

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    Welcome Ichthya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Kaila Mermaid~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaila Mermaid View Post
    Welcome Ichthya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am happy to be here ^.^

I found out that I qualify for financial assistance at my local YMCA, so tomorrow I need to pop on by the SSA building and get a copy of my award letter, so I can show it to YMCA.

After that, I should be able to start swimming there regularly. Especially once i get a monofin. but to get one soon enough, I'd likely have to wait until november....or do a gofundme. As I don't have much in terms of money after bills and such on disability money.

I can't wait to start mermaiding :3

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    Hey!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Saluton!