Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any alternative relationships?

Question Any alternative relationships?

Just curious. I was pleasantly surprised to discover some furry's on here, so I was wondering if there were any alt relationship people as well. I'm currently in a relationship with two guys. But it doesn't have to be poly per say, but anything not "normal".

Not me, but I know a couple polys. Monogamy works for many people, but we as a society need to work towards accepting other relationships between consenting adults as universally okay for the many many folks who just don't fit that mold (likely most​), but think they must ​in order to be considered a good and moral person.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

I have limited relationship experience, but I do like at least the idea of a menage relationship. I am mostly gay (though increasingly curious about women), though not sure if that counts as "alternative" anymore. I can appreciate the illustrated furry aesthetic, but fur suits confuse me, so I don't consider myself a furry.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    does it count if I am in love with my boyfriend, and Ian Somerhalder....? I'd reallllllly like to have them both, LOL

I'm gay but its not too exciting haha

HAHA Raina!!! Totally do not blame you at all

I'm in love with a mermaid.
    H.P. Lovecraft “You fool, Warren is DEAD!”

I LOVE MYSELF ... I kid.

I haven't had too many relationships, but I do know many poly that work just fine. It's not for everyone. I know a lot of people who try to be "poly", "bi", or "gay/lesbian" just because it's drastically different from what they grew up with. I, personally, don't see myself in a multiple-partner relationship, but I'm also a furry and a bit of a wolf. I prefer the one mate for life kind of thing. Haha call me a hopeless romantic, if you will.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I'm a furry too I've also a long distance relationship next to having my own boyfriend at home. We tried to have a real relationship, but the distance was to big, so we are still very close friends now. My bf is sometimes jealous about it, but it's going great so far
    Your imagination is your only limit

Quote Originally Posted by Azurin Luna View Post
    I'm a furry too I've also a long distance relationship next to having my own boyfriend at home. We tried to have a real relationship, but the distance was to big, so we are still very close friends now. My bf is sometimes jealous about it, but it's going great so far
    Uh-oh! I just hate jealousy! ^.^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kailani View Post
    I haven't had too many relationships, but I do know many poly that work just fine. It's not for everyone. I know a lot of people who try to be "poly", "bi", or "gay/lesbian" just because it's drastically different from what they grew up with. I, personally, don't see myself in a multiple-partner relationship, but I'm also a furry and a bit of a wolf. I prefer the one mate for life kind of thing. Haha call me a hopeless romantic, if you will.
    lol me and my bf fell into it. I knew i always wanted to try it but after a lot of talking we both realized what we'd really wanted was a steady gf/bf with some extra fun on the side. lol we got it. I've gotten rather attached to one of them, and my bf swears he's my other bf. XD

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    I don't know if it would be considered alternative but my husband is 33 years older than me...so it's not the norm, but we've been together for 10 years now and to me it's a perfect relationship.

Oh, wow, Wavy! :P That's different. May I ask how old each of you are?

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Sure...I'm 32 and he's 65...so we were 22 and 55 when we met

D'aww, that's so cool! <3 I'm glad you guys are happy together!

It's neat to see age gaps like that. Not my personal choice, butn if it makes you happy, then go for it!

Coyote- I'm usually the one that gets "jealous". The reason it's in quotes is because it's more protectiveness rather tha jealousy. Haha

I'm not a furry, but I am what most call a "Scaley". Some don't consider the two different things but I kinda do, I'm also more of an "Otherkin" than anything else. I don't agree with multiple partner relationships. I am faithful to one man and one man only. However, though I may not agree with it, I'll still say "Whatever floats your boat"!

Though unfortunately when it comes to being married with children and one of the partners is in a separate deep relationship with someone else, I can't find myself saying "Whatever floats your boat". I'll keep my mouth shut about it, but it's a personal belief of mine that once you devout yourself to marrying someone, you stay loyal to that person only and your freedom to have multiple relationships goes out the window. Otherwise I don't see the point in the marriage.

That's just my personal belief though. I have strict morals. I hope I didn't make any of that out to sound rude. It just bothers me a little because I've had a married man get WAY up close and personal with me who was also in another relationship outside the marriage and it made me rather uncomfortable on some rather deep levels.

I don't think there's anything odd about the relationship I'm in or have been in though... Other than the fact we're both Otherkin and to those of you who know what Otherkin is, we're both completely different species. LOL

<a href="http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/merbella-tail-fundraiser/x/2689131">Donation Pool</a> - Etsy - DeviantArt - Facebook - Twitter

I think it depends on the couple. If a marriage is open, as in they've both agreed to it, it involves separating sex and love, which some people can do. I get the idea that sex is a biological act and love is more of a deep connection. Some people are capable of loving more than one person (it is possible!), and in a mutual poly relationship, that's okay because everyone involved agrees to it. Jealousy isn't a universal thing. Many people experience it. Some people don't.

I get the gist that children who are raised in these situations usually just habituate to it. It's as normal to them as being raised in a strict Christian home is to some or being raised by two dads is to others. Lots of drama can come up, but as someone who was raised by a married heterosexual couple who fought viciously and shouldn't be married still, these things happen.

It's terribly rude when people won't respect your discomfort, or take no for an answer though.
    Last edited by Mermaid Varshana; 05-23-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

As I know, being single isn’t a negative experience. It can be a really enlightening opportunity to focus on fulfilling your own needs and determining who you want to be. Don’t chase relationship statuses or people because that’s not love.