Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Kariel's tails? Anyone ever bought from her?

I believe that she said that they START at $2400. That might very well be for a single coloured tail with no fins.

Maybe she want to feel the market also, and then gradually raise the price.

That tail is incredible! Beautiful work!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

Banned
    Follow MermaidShannon On Twitter
    Feeling the market is one thing not knowing how much time and effort having individually molded different color scales is another. She barely covered her costs not to mention how grueling this obviously was. Those tails are worth blood sweat and tears to pay for because it obviously took those components to make. It's magic

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I know exactly how hard it is to make, and she is WAY undercharging!

Banned
    I mean I know it's gonna upset people but this isn't exactly a cheap hobby

Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venessa Louisiana Mermaid View Post
    And Kariel, if you don't mind, I would like to offer you a bit of advice from someone who has run her own business for 10 years (not tailmaking but creative-based). You said above your pricing will begin at $2400 for adult tails. Well, I know other mers are going to hop on here and be furious at me for saying this, because at the moment they are salivating just waiting to take advantage of this. YOU ARE PRICING YOURSELF WAY TO LOW.

Seriously, this is lower than some of the current tailmakers on the market that are nowhere NEAR this level of talent. What is going to wind up happening is that you are going to get a FLOOD of orders at this price and be completely overwhelmed trying to fill them. You will work twice as hard and your wait times will double and then everyone will be unhappy....yourself and your customer. You need to start these tails at AT LEAST double that amount. That way, you get only the serious buyers who will pay for your art. Instead of filling two ordersfor 5K, you fill one...for the same amount of money and half the time. I don't know for sure...but I am guessing this is what is happening at Merbella. She could probably raise her prices as well and shorten her turnaround times. KNOW YOUR TALENT...and know your market. And best of luck!
    ^THIS.

Kariel that new tail is SO breathtakingly beautiful and looks like movie quality. It's a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidShannon View Post
    I mean I know it's gonna upset people but this isn't exactly a cheap hobby

Exactly. Look, there is room enough in the ocean for all types of mers. Some mers are gonna have FinFun tails and that is ok. But dammit NOT EVERYONE GETS TO HAVE a Merbella or an MVD or now a Kariel tail. Just like not everyone gets to drive a Lamborghini. Doesn't mean you still can't drive a car. This is 'Murica and if you work hard then maybe you will get your fancy tail one day. Unless your company has layoffs and you have to move back to your parent's basement. Or your pimp doesn't want to give you more than a 30% cut. And don't come skeeving around with your gofundme site either because ain't nobody gonna fund your tail when there are children in Africa starving. Moral of the story is mermaiding isn't cheap unless you are happy being basic. If you aren't then maybe you wanna try stamp collecting. I'm just being real with ya'll because you need to hear it. I'm that friend that is going to take your phone from you in the bathroom when you are drunk and tell you that your ex-boyfriend doesn't love you anymore and probably never did.

Name:  tumblr_mafga93HMp1qzyf8w.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  117.2 KB

Exactly. Look, there is room enough in the ocean for all types of mers. Some mers are gonna have FinFun tails and that is ok. But dammit NOT EVERYONE GETS TO HAVE a Merbella or an MVD or now a Kariel tail. Just like not everyone gets to drive a Lamborghini. Doesn't mean you still can't drive a car. This is 'Murica and if you work hard then maybe you will get your fancy tail one day. Unless your company has layoffs and you have to move back to your parent's basement. Or your pimp doesn't want to give you more than a 30% cut. And don't come skeeving around with your gofundme site either because ain't nobody gonna fund your tail when there are children in Africa starving. Moral of the story is mermaiding isn't cheap unless you are happy being basic. If you aren't then maybe you wanna try stamp collecting. I'm just being real with ya'll because you need to hear it. I'm that friend that is going to take your phone from you in the bathroom when you are drunk and tell you that your ex-boyfriend doesn't love you anymore and probably never did.

Ahahaha I just laughed so hard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maethor View Post
    Ahahaha I just laughed so hard!!
    Ok good...I'm glad that you got I was totally joking....because some people on here don't quite realize yet that I'm only serious about 3% of the time.

Couldn't resist, but.........I'm a stamp collector and its just as expensive as mermaiding so maybe try origami????
    Mermaid Enora

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Enora View Post

Couldn't resist, but.........I'm a stamp collector and its just as expensive as mermaiding so maybe try origami????
    That works. Or bottlecaps. Rocks. Rocks are free. Not crack rocks though.

Banned

Banned
    GET OFF MY KOOLAID

Banned
    Oops sorry that was @venessa and wrong thread

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidShannon View Post
    Where have you been all my life. This is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lorelei View Post
    Are they individual scales? The coloring sure makes it look like it, or at least that they were painted one by one afterwards.
    That's what I was wondering. The idea that it's reversible is amazing as well!
    Formerly known as "kimmie".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I can't imagine how difficult it must be to do individual scales! Stunning! Remarkable! A game-changer! Reversible? It's not attached to the fluke? Wow!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    *snort*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Where have you been all my life. This is fantastic
    Hahahahaha. It's my go-to meme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk