Thread: Mermaid inspirations! Who's yours?

Mermaid inspirations! Who's yours?

Who inspired you to be a merperson or make a positive change in your life and why? Who inspires you now?

I am am inspired by Raina mermaid! Everything she's been through and how she keeps going. And how her mer ranger Sean stays by her and is supportive! ( I really hope she writes another book like her second with lots of story's )

My my other inspiration is my boy friend who has made many changes in my life possible.

I cant wait to become a even better person and to start my mermaid dream!

Can't wait to see who all your inspirations are !!!!

The ladies at Finfolk and mermaids like Hannah Fraser inspire me. Hannah Fraser is a wonderful mermaid. The ladies at Finfolk created a great tailmaking business despite their young age, learned to make the most beautiful tails in a relatively short time, they're just really nice and they promote ocean conservation.

I found out that mermaiding was a thing when I heard of Hannah Fraser (Hannah Mermaid) and watching videos before I got my tail kept me motivated and kept me from losing interest and giving up.

When I started poking around Mernetwork Mermaids like Raina (general awesomeness, great entrepreneur, knowledge, great personality), Faithonthebass (general badassery), Wesley (general awesomeness, great personality and great knowledge), Pearlie Mae (beautiful tails, great knowledge and personality), Kali (great designs and beautiful tails), Nim (beautiful tails, designs, general awesomeness), and Momo (general awesomeness) as well as the Halifax Mermaids (general awesomeness, great personalities), Tula (general awesomeness), Starfrit Avalon (great personality, beautiful designs) and Rebela Hunter (great knowledge).

Also almost all mermen (Slim and Seatan being the most notable) get my respect for just engaging in this community and following their dreams (despite mermaiding traditionally being labeled as a "feminine" thing.) Keep it up guys!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    aww gosh thanks so much for saying that!

I'd like to write another book someday! So much work haha. <3

For me, Linden really inspires me!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    aww gosh thanks so much for saying that!

I'd like to write another book someday! So much work haha. <3

For me, Linden really inspires me!
    Books are a lot of work lol I love the way you write yours thow and the font is actually easy to read witch is nice.

I hope i can can meet you some day. I'd love to go to the next mermainia you have lol gotta save my money first lol

all the the mermaids and mermen here are awesome !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    I found out that mermaiding was a thing when I heard of Hannah Fraser (Hannah Mermaid) and watching videos before I got my tail kept me motivated and kept me from losing interest and giving up.

When I started poking around Mernetwork Mermaids like Raina (general awesomeness, great entrepreneur, knowledge, great personality), Faithonthebass (general badassery), Wesley (general awesomeness, great personality and great knowledge), Pearlie Mae (beautiful tails, great knowledge and personality), Kali (great designs and beautiful tails), Nim (beautiful tails, designs, general awesomeness), and Momo (general awesomeness) as well as the Halifax Mermaids (general awesomeness, great personalities), Tula (general awesomeness), Starfrit Avalon (great personality, beautiful designs) and Rebela Hunter (great knowledge).

Also almost all mermen (Slim and Seatan being the most notable) get my respect for just engaging in this community and following their dreams (despite mermaiding traditionally being labeled as a "feminine" thing.) Keep it up guys!
    i have talked to slim he is awesome !!!! I will have to look up everyone else so many cool mers !!!!

Ps: I love the word badassery lol it's rocks

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    @Sea~Phoenix Savannah
    That's so kind of you to say about me!
    I'm glad my knowledge impacted you somehow !!! I love to educate and help out wherever I can < 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Mermaid inspirations! Who's yours?

I was introduced to the concept by a friend, mermaid Gem. Not sure she's on this forum or I'd link her. From there I found several of the more conservation-minded pro mers, and that was that!

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/mermaidgem/ is Gem's business page on Facebook, for whatever that's worth.
    Last edited by FrozenFractal; 07-17-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Nim is my inspiration. (Glad to see someone else mentioned her on here.) She's the reason why I got into this.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

First mermaid I ever saw was Mermaid Kariel. That was like four years ago and since then I've wanted a tail.

The two that have always struck a chord with me were Hannah and Pearlie Mae. Mermaiding, for me is not putting on a tail and accessories and swimming. I am also an artist. And I love helping other people to grow into their best selves. I love creating things, and I really respect those that are innovators who also share their knowledge to help others.