Thread: Attempting a Pair of Sublimation Printed Neoprene Tails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    Hold up, what'd you get from fabric wholesaler direct? Because that's where I got my fabric too: https://www.fabricwholesaledirect.co...ant=1679915523 . Don't think that's the correct stuff?
    Wait does that work for you?? Have you taken a swatch of it in the water yet?? That's the same stuff I have coming too, there's a part in the description that says it doesnt have waterproof qualities though. Full disclosure, I can't understand how any company has been talking about fabric at all so like it just may be my lack of experience. But, what I was finding was that neoprene itself is partially a rubber or something like that? (my bf explained it to me better but he's still asleep so I cant ask ahaha) Apparently the reason you cant really find it in white is because it's coloured with carbon the same way they do for tires and hockey pucks. But since some people were like "hey sewing clothing with neoprene looks pretty neat, but it sure is hard to sew with" companies decided to make scuba knit, which, from what I can tell, is more of a fabric but its made to mimic the way neoprene drapes. I also ended up seeing that either finfolk or mertailor, I cant remember which right now, switched from neoprene to scuba knit because it didnt drain as well.

Although that being said, I like, cant find any scuba knit that looks like it has any thickness to it either, like there's this https://www.fabricwholesaledirect.co...29182279385203 but it looks so see through I'm not sure....

Quote Originally Posted by PaperStars View Post
    Wait does that work for you?? Have you taken a swatch of it in the water yet?? That's the same stuff I have coming too, there's a part in the description that says it doesnt have waterproof qualities though. Full disclosure, I can't understand how any company has been talking about fabric at all so like it just may be my lack of experience. But, what I was finding was that neoprene itself is partially a rubber or something like that? (my bf explained it to me better but he's still asleep so I cant ask ahaha) Apparently the reason you cant really find it in white is because it's coloured with carbon the same way they do for tires and hockey pucks. But since some people were like "hey sewing clothing with neoprene looks pretty neat, but it sure is hard to sew with" companies decided to make scuba knit, which, from what I can tell, is more of a fabric but its made to mimic the way neoprene drapes. I also ended up seeing that either finfolk or mertailor, I cant remember which right now, switched from neoprene to scuba knit because it didnt drain as well.

Although that being said, I like, cant find any scuba knit that looks like it has any thickness to it either, like there's this https://www.fabricwholesaledirect.co...29182279385203 but it looks so see through I'm not sure....
    I haven't taken any into the water yet but I'm reasonably certain this is the correct stuff. Wasn't expecting it to be waterproof or anything, though, and it doesn't become transparent when wet. I think we're fine

Now I just need to hear back from my printer confirming when I can go over there....was hoping for 'today' but he never got back to me.