Thread: WARNING about Abigail Crutchley AKA Mertism Mermaids

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

WARNING about Abigail Crutchley AKA Mertism Mermaids

We have had an ongoing issue with this person in my country scamming people, she has also used mernetwork previously to scam people.

She offers to sell an item, takes the payment, and then deletes her account and makes a new one.

Her latest victim:

"She said she had a fantasea fin 3 for sale. We agreed on payment and sent transfer from bank account as we are both in Canada.She has since deleted her account, and taken my
    money and run.

This was my Christmas money from my parents to get a fin to take on vacation with me!!! I'm so incredibly upset.
    A police fraud report has been submitted and bank contacted. All that's left to do is wait"

A few other points about her:
    She claims to be from Ontario Canada and in some posts claimed she has started up her own silicone tail making business and wants mers to test out her products.

She also has a gofundme

https://ca.gofundme.com/f/mertism-mermaids

I'm having trouble getting the other images to post so I'll post them in a new reply.

I remember she used to be on merentwork too and I am trying to track down what her old account was.

For some reason it's not letting me post more screen shots, but you can see the conversation in this public group where people share their similar experiences: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3359...2239552845402/

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Was she the one that made and sold a painted pva tail?
    Formerly known as ireneho

At least with wire transfer it is easy to follow the money. So I think the police will find the person in question quickly.

At least in Europe you have to provide an ID to open a bank account.

her latest claim is she was somehow hacked, the hacker then approached someone looking for a monofin and offered to sell it to them, send them HER ACTUAL EMAIL (weird how a hacker would know that) and accepted the money and blocked her. LOL quite the story. She now has her account back and can't figure out why she can't message the OP.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    her latest claim is she was somehow hacked, the hacker then approached someone looking for a monofin and offered to sell it to them, send them HER ACTUAL EMAIL (weird how a hacker would know that) and accepted the money and blocked her. LOL quite the story. She now has her account back and can't figure out why she can't message the OP.
    Oh. She sounds like the drama queen who claimed i was cyber stalking her! Remember that one? She was a real doozy!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Honestly she was ousted (sp?)a few times before for this stuff and then disappears for a while and comes back. She's also had multiple accounts so I honestly lose track. I had banned her from our Mermaids in Canada group. I am thinking she might be the same person who tried to scam Najestic but I can't find the thread, it's in here somewhere. WISH OUR SEARCH FEATURE WAS BETTER lol I literally find it easier to search on google for the mernetwork threads than use the built in search LOL

More:

More

UPDATE ABOUT THIS.

Her latest Canadian victim WAS ABLE TO GET HER CHARGED!!! Because she's in the same country! So Abigail had to pay back all the money, and is being made to pay back other mers!

It totally can pay off to join together for issues like this!