Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Magictail Monofins!

New Magictail Monofins!

Hey guys! I was checking my YouTube subscriptions today and noticed this video!
    https://youtu.be/GmFwV9ta1rQ
    I was convinced at first that it was a Mahina Merfin that was somehow jammed into the Magictail skins but after watching the rest of the video, it's apparent that they are a plastic-type Monofin with a really neat shape!

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/582630ff...-12-35-15.png?

On the website they are called the Pro Tail and go for about 200 euros. This is a really interesting step for a fabric tail company as it appears to be the largest and most stylized of plastic Monofins for fabric tails that I've seen so far!
    https://www.magictail.net
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Those are beautiful! The problem I have with most ready-made fabric tails is they are made for younger kids so the monofins are always tiny. These are perfect!
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by lynsea View Post
    Those are beautiful! The problem I have with most ready-made fabric tails is they are made for younger kids so the monofins are always tiny. These are perfect!
    I agree! They look like the biggest fabric tail monofin I've seen so far!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

You can also buy the tail skin separately as to fit a Mahina merfin! https://www.magictail.net/Mermaid-ta...-mermaid-tails

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Hi Faith. I saw these too on my YouTube subbie videos and I love the new pro monofin and the tail skin sets that can go with it and my favorite color from them in this shape is the blue color.
    I just need to know if both will fit adults and what the price is for everything and what would the shipping be since I live in Adams Massachusetts.
    When I can and if everything fits me I would like to be able to order everything in adult sizes since I'm looking for a second tail and monofin with matching bikini set for Mer meet ups and Mer meet and greets. If you can help me with everything that I said above please let me know as soon as you can about everything that I said above so I know if I can save the money up to buy everything that I said above from them in the blue color.
    User formerly known as "Rebekah The Element Merfairy."

Quote Originally Posted by TaurielTheElementMerfairy View Post
    Hi Faith. I saw these too on my YouTube subbie videos and I love the new pro monofin and the tail skin sets that can go with it and my favorite color from them in this shape is the blue color.
    I just need to know if both will fit adults and what the price is for everything and what would the shipping be since I live in Adams Massachusetts.
    When I can and if everything fits me I would like to be able to order everything in adult sizes since I'm looking for a second tail and monofin with matching bikini set for Mer meet ups and Mer meet and greets. If you can help me with everything that I said above please let me know as soon as you can about everything that I said above so I know if I can save the money up to buy everything that I said above from them in the blue color.
    So I'm pretty sure they will fit adults. Their sizing will run slightly smaller since it's a German company - refer to the sizing on the website: https://www.magictail.net/mermaid-tails-size-chart
    The large is the most expensive - buying a full tailset would cost about 212.03 USD with about 21 USD in shipping.

All this info is easily found on the website by adding your products to the cart but not actually purchasing them - a helpful hack I use!

Last edited by Nerdmaid Faith; 11-17-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Hi Faith. Thank you so much for the info above. I hope when you can you will be able to buy your own set so that you can do a unboxing video and compare it to the other tail and monofin set that you have from them so that we can see the difference for everything is.
    Because that's what I would like to do if I bought the blue new tail and monofin from them with the matching bikini set in blue and compare it with my tail skin, monofin and bikini set in blue from Fin Fun Mermaids if I ever get to buy the new tail set from MagicTail and do a unboxing video of it as my own on my YouTube channel and the comparison video also.
    Plus I'm wondering how do I convert the pricing into usd since it is all in German pricing and since I'm trying to find out how I do that right now?
    Last edited by TaurielTheElementMerfairy; 11-18-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    User formerly known as "Rebekah The Element Merfairy."

I saw this video too and I love it! Am definitely considering purchasing one of these for my next tail - I like the fact they have a larger fluke but without the added weight, plus the fact that you can get tail skins for these unlike Mahina.

I also just love how these look in the water, especially the designs with dual colours like the green/blue one. The H2o tail design in the larger fluke caught my attention too because it actually looks a lot more like the real H2o tail design!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Does anyone know of any unboxing videos or swim videos that have been posted of someone who has bought one of these tails?

Member formerly known as leomar

I just got mine, will be posting an unboxing video soon and will be swimming in it next week.

The fluke is HUGE compared to a FinFun/ their regular monofin size!

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

I also live in Massachusetts! I just got mine, check out my youtube for the video about it soon, makeupmermaid22.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Andrew View Post
    I saw this video too and I love it! Am definitely considering purchasing one of these for my next tail - I like the fact they have a larger fluke but without the added weight, plus the fact that you can get tail skins for these unlike Mahina.

I also just love how these look in the water, especially the designs with dual colours like the green/blue one. The H2o tail design in the larger fluke caught my attention too because it actually looks a lot more like the real H2o tail design!

Hello all, just found this thread! I am considering getting a MagicTail Pro tail skin to fit over my Mahina Merfin. I came across this instagram post which shows MiriMermaid wearing an aqua Mahina Merfin in one of the new Magic Tails.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPLw7AJh...ownunder&hl=en

Also, has anyone heard of Mermaid.inc? They actually do fabric tails to fit over Mahina Merfins in their Seasiren mermaid tail line; their Bespoke mermaid tail-skins are actually customizable. I emailed them awhile back and they said their tail-skins have a zipper to insert the Merfin (they didn't specify whether or not it was waterproof) and that the tail-skin fabric was a 4-way stretch neoprene. They are a company based out of Indonesia and quite expensive (even if you purchase it without the monofin), but they look pretty awesome. The only thing I find a bit "iffy" is that they don't credit the Mahina Merfin as their monofin in their mermaid tail descriptions--they confirmed they use the Mahina Merfin in their email. Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone out there has purchased one, and if so, what they think of it (I am unsure if there is a thread already started on Mermaid.Inc)...

Here are the links to their SeaSiren and Bespoke tails:

https://hellomermaidinc.com/collecti...maid-tail-skin

Last edited by meerine; 01-16-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Junior Member Pod of Cali Samw3st95's Avatar
    I ordered the new Magictail Pro and so far I LOVE it! I hope the pictures show up as this is my first time sharing my pictures here. Shipping was fast, less then a week. The skin fits perfectly. The monofin is comfortable and so far from me just testing it out in a small hot spring seemed fairly easy to use. It also came with a matching bikini top and bottom. The bottoms fit but the top looks like it was made for a child and gave me no coverage. I'm going to be using it to make a shell top. Anyways I give this tail two thumbs up and I highly recommend it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Samw3st95 View Post
    I ordered the new Magictail Pro and so far I LOVE it! I hope the pictures show up as this is my first time sharing my pictures here. Shipping was fast, less then a week. The skin fits perfectly. The monofin is comfortable and so far from me just testing it out in a small hot spring seemed fairly easy to use. It also came with a matching bikini top and bottom. The bottoms fit but the top looks like it was made for a child and gave me no coverage. I'm going to be using it to make a shell top. Anyways I give this tail two thumbs up and I highly recommend it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Your tail looks lovely, I love that colour! I recently purchased the H2O inspired one (yellow/orange/red) to go over my orange merfin and it should arrive on Wednesday!

Hi Meerine!

I got my mahina merfin a few months ago and have been looking for skins to fit over it.... I have tried some but have ended up only wasting money because they don't fit. I finally received my sea siren style skin from Mermaid.Inc for Christmas and I have tried it out on my mahina fin- it fits perfectly and there is a zipper on the side so my fin won't be peeking out through a gaping hole at the bottom like the other one i got from magictail (i have an old one with their mono fin). the designs are beautiful! they are truly unique and from afar and in pictures you could mistake it for a silicon tail. I highly recommend the Mermaid.Inc mahina fin skins... if you check out their instagram and website they also have other skins that include a finis mono fin in different designs, they have plain colors and also ones with colourful flukes and they are cheaper. The mahina fin skin on its own is around 395AUD not including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by meerine View Post
    Hello all, just found this thread! I am considering getting a MagicTail Pro tail skin to fit over my Mahina Merfin. I came across this instagram post which shows MiriMermaid wearing an aqua Mahina Merfin in one of the new Magic Tails.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPLw7AJh...ownunder&hl=en

Also, has anyone heard of Mermaid.inc? They actually do fabric tails to fit over Mahina Merfins in their Seasiren mermaid tail line; their Bespoke mermaid tail-skins are actually customizable. I emailed them awhile back and they said their tail-skins have a zipper to insert the Merfin (they didn't specify whether or not it was waterproof) and that the tail-skin fabric was a 4-way stretch neoprene. They are a company based out of Indonesia and quite expensive (even if you purchase it without the monofin), but they look pretty awesome. The only thing I find a bit "iffy" is that they don't credit the Mahina Merfin as their monofin in their mermaid tail descriptions--they confirmed they use the Mahina Merfin in their email. Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone out there has purchased one, and if so, what they think of it (I am unsure if there is a thread already started on Mermaid.Inc)...

Here are the links to their SeaSiren and Bespoke tails:

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidrebecca View Post
    Hi Meerine!

I got my mahina merfin a few months ago and have been looking for skins to fit over it.... I have tried some but have ended up only wasting money because they don't fit. I finally received my sea siren style skin from Mermaid.Inc for Christmas and I have tried it out on my mahina fin- it fits perfectly and there is a zipper on the side so my fin won't be peeking out through a gaping hole at the bottom like the other one i got from magictail (i have an old one with their mono fin). the designs are beautiful! they are truly unique and from afar and in pictures you could mistake it for a silicon tail. I highly recommend the Mermaid.Inc mahina fin skins... if you check out their instagram and website they also have other skins that include a finis mono fin in different designs, they have plain colors and also ones with colourful flukes and they are cheaper. The mahina fin skin on its own is around 395AUD not including shipping.

Oh yay! I am so happy you posted about Mermaid.Inc! I have been following them on Instagram since before they first came out with their SeaSiren and Bespoke tails and emailed them long ago for a little bit more info--I was so happy to hear about the zipper and that it would fit a merfin! But, as their tail skins were quite pricey and I couldn't find a review anywhere, I was a bit apprehensive to take the plunge! I do have a couple questions for you! What does the material feel like? (In their email they said it was 4-way stretch scuba material that felt like neoprene--what do you think)? What colour is your zipper and is it a waterproof one? I absolutely love the Nerine and Galatea designs! Which one did you get? Pics please!!!

My Magic Tail H2O tail skin arrived today, and it fits my merfin very well! Yay!!!

Name:  magic tail pro.jpg
Views: 3411
Size:  124.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by meerine View Post
    My Magic Tail H2O tail skin arrived today, and it fits my merfin very well! Yay!!!

Name:  magic tail pro.jpg
Views: 3411
Size:  124.1 KB
    Lovely! The orange will go nicely, especially since the magic tail skins are very shear

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

New Magictail Monofins!

Hi everyone! Just noticed this thread as I haven't been very active here in awhile. I'm in the video in the original post! As Miss Mermaid USA I got to test drive the first round of Magictail Pros at Miss Mermaid International in Egypt! They're awesome! The large fluke looks so realistic in the underwater pictures. There's a ton of new colors. It's much more powerful than a regular fabric tail. Easy to swim in. And the foot pocket is a one-size fits all design with adjustable Velcro straps. Even our Miss Mermaid Mertender, "Hightower," who is the official tallest man in Germany was able to wear one! The large fluke especially looks good on large/tall mers since tiny fabric tails are pretty disproportionate on adults.

After Miss Mermaid Kristen gifted some of us the tails and they fit easily in our standard suitcases for international travel (you just wrap the edges around your clothes and they pop right back when you take it out). Mine fits my Mahina as well. Though the monofin it comes with is much lighter than the Mahina and thus easier to travel/fly with.

I just returned from Mermania where had a vendors booth. I imported over 30 Magictails (I think I'm the first in the US to import!) I sold several at the event and I have more in stock here with me in NY.

You can use my coupon code MISSMERMAIDUSA17 for 20% off at Magictail.net!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by HamptonsMermaid; 01-25-2017 at 03:20 AM.
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up