Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid YouTube Series?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMer View Post
    I have really wanted to do a mermaid series for a long time, and I have a good amount of ideas for one. The problem is that I'm a junior in high school, and while I have time to do it, most of my peers are pretty busy or wouldn't be interested. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas on how I could get people interested and willing to help with it (Be in it, or do camera and things like that). Unfortunately, my brain came up with something that has a good amount of parts, so it is pretty important that I can get other people involved. I can't write, direct, film, edit, and be all the parts. Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.
    Do any of the mers on here live in your area? That would be a good place to start.
    I'd be willing to help write and/or edit, if you like. I was in a communications arts magnet program in middle school so I know a few things about editing.
    Also, if there's a filmmaking club or something similar at your school, you could join that and make some friends there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to make a mermaid YouTube series I had thought about it a few times before but there aren't enough people here interested. :/ I started writing a book instead. But I would love to see a YouTube mermaid series.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Same here, I'd love to do a series and have a bunch of ideas but no one to do it with :/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    Do any of the mers on here live in your area? That would be a good place to start.
    I'd be willing to help write and/or edit, if you like. I was in a communications arts magnet program in middle school so I know a few things about editing.
    Also, if there's a filmmaking club or something similar at your school, you could join that and make some friends there.

Well, I don't know if there are any mers from here around me. But I was a part of a film club at my local tv station a few years back, I still keep in touch. The problem is that the group is small, and most of the new members don't know me. They would be useful for camera, but aside from the two or three I know personally, I don't think I could convince them. And if I did, most of the kids are younger than me by a good margin, so they wouldn't be able to act in it. I tried to pull something together 1 or 2 years ago, but I could only get 1 of them to help.

Well, I don't know if there are any mers from here around me. But I was a part of a film club at my local tv station a few years back, I still keep in touch. The problem is that the group is small, and most of the new members don't know me. They would be useful for camera, but aside from the two or three I know personally, I don't think I could convince them. And if I did, most of the kids are younger than me by a good margin, so they wouldn't be able to act in it. I tried to pull something together 1 or 2 years ago, but I could only get 1 of them to help.
    Hmm... have you considered joining a drama club? Or a school play? You might meet some willing actors that way. I wish there was more I could do to help personally!

Hmm... have you considered joining a drama club? Or a school play? You might meet some willing actors that way. I wish there was more I could do to help personally!

That's okay, I wasn't expecting to come on here and have one of you magically solve my problems XD, but I am going to keep trying. One thing I have thought of is possibly getting people in because it would help them fulfill a requirement for school. It's an IB Program (I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it) thing called CAS, where you need to do a bunch of extra circulars that involve Creativity, Activity, or Service and work towards goals like taking on new challenges, and some other stuff. Do you guys think that could be a good plan, or will I just get a bunch of lazy people who are only there cause they need an activity?

That's okay, I wasn't expecting to come on here and have one of you magically solve my problems XD, but I am going to keep trying. One thing I have thought of is possibly getting people in because it would help them fulfill a requirement for school. It's an IB Program (I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it) thing called CAS, where you need to do a bunch of extra circulars that involve Creativity, Activity, or Service and work towards goals like taking on new challenges, and some other stuff. Do you guys think that could be a good plan, or will I just get a bunch of lazy people who are only there cause they need an activity?
    Sounds like a good plan to me! And as for attracting slackers, well, you won't know unless you try, right? Good luck, and let us know when you've got something to show for it!

All of us "Want-to-Make-a-Mermaid-Show-but-Can't-Find-Anyone-to-Do-it-With" people should find some way to make our own thing together! The only problem would be figuring out how to do it when we all live so far away.... Any ideas?
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Though I have nothing to offer or intention to be a part of the main work, I'll try to think of a solution on how all of you can communicate and share ideas in one spot. It may take a couple days but I'm usually pretty good and getting an idea so silly that it works.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Though I have nothing to offer or intention to be a part of the main work, I'll try to think of a solution on how all of you can communicate and share ideas in one spot. It may take a couple days but I'm usually pretty good and getting an idea so silly that it works.
    Really? That's awesome, thanks for thinking about it!
    I feel like the best way to keep in touch despite living far away from each other would be for each person to have a certain role in the film-making, and each person would complete their role and then pass the unfinished work to the next person. For example, someone would write the script, and they would send it to the actors who would film it, who would send it to the editor, etc. So then the question is where we'd be able to share the work....? (I was thinking emailing, but many people aren't comfortable with sharing their email address online.)
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Celestia View Post
    Really? That's awesome, thanks for thinking about it!
    I feel like the best way to keep in touch despite living far away from each other would be for each person to have a certain role in the film-making, and each person would complete their role and then pass the unfinished work to the next person. For example, someone would write the script, and they would send it to the actors who would film it, who would send it to the editor, etc. So then the question is where we'd be able to share the work....? (I was thinking emailing, but many people aren't comfortable with sharing their email address online.)
    You could always share it through a messanging app that has no limit on video time.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone's interested in putting music in a YouTube series, hit me up. I'm an okay songwriter and a really good singer... at least, that's what my friends say.

Oyeah and I can play a bit of guitar and my family is full of pianists.

If anyone's interested in putting music in a YouTube series, hit me up. I'm an okay songwriter and a really good singer... at least, that's what my friends say.

Good to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    You could always share it through a messanging app that has no limit on video time.

I'm not familiar with messaging apps. How do they work? Are they free?

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Celestia View Post
    I'm not familiar with messaging apps. How do they work? Are they free?
    I have things like Line and Kik. They are free, but you could also share email addresses through private messages here in the MerNetwork.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Omg! Ive always wanted to have people to do a series with, if you want to like seriously message me for more info!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest

I am!! Please pm me!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I'm one of the editors for Life as a Mermaid on YouTube. Sometimes we use music from the YouTube Audio Library and it works really well! Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

You can hear it all in the new short we just released called Mermaid Origins! Check it out!

One idea I've had for a while as a way for people to collaborate long-distance would be an anthology series, where each episode is its own story with its own cast and characters. Different groups of people can act out the episodes and the rest of the work can be shared online.