Page 426 of 430 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430 LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    A. the pic is fabulous (I commit art and photography and storytelling, that's good storytelling there, and leaves the right amount of info hidden and mysterious, also tasteful.

B. I don't know if you do pick your relatives before you incarnate here (some think you do) or if they just give them to you to show you something... or show THEM something. Basically pick your pod and keep boundaries around your DNA family. You are who you are, be that, don't let them put you in a bowl.

Wise. Not everyone can do their hobby or passion as a trade. Sometimes we balance our passions with what we do to make a living. Keep doing what you love, but know what you're diving into before you begin a business of any kind.

This could be a teachable moment if approached properly and positively... especially if you are a lifeguard at the pool. You could educate the parents... hopefully...

Follow Lucien On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by swordwhale View Post
    This could be a teachable moment if approached properly and positively... especially if you are a lifeguard at the pool. You could educate the parents... hopefully...
    We strive to make sure we’re educating while maintaining a firm stance in our authority to make sure everyone is safe. Luckily, the girl didn’t attempt to leave the very shallow water (one of our pools has a shore-like entry)...
    You would be surprised at how little parents like to listen to lifeguards. It’s incredible at how quickly they are to forget that water is dangerous!

Follow Lucien On Twitter
    Yeah, it really sucks.
    Where I work, we have a specific test for swimmers with tails to take before they’re even allowed to leave the water that’s a couple inches deep. I wish more places would implement something similar.

Me too I'm fighting with our local council who own the pool to allow monofins and tails for those experienced to do it but it's not, not gonna happen if that makes sense. Not gonna be an overnight fix either

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod ChibyNerieda's Avatar
    Add ChibyNerieda on Facebook
    When I cant cuss on a discord server because kids could/are in it. ugh.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibyNerieda View Post
    When I cant cuss on a discord server because kids could/are in it. ugh.
    There a nsfw tab for that

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

All of the issues people are having lately with public pools makes me feel very fortunate to live in Florida. Most springs allow tails, and my apartment complex doesn't care what I do in the pool so long as it doesn't involve alcohol. I guess so long as we aren't being a Floridaman (or even if we are) people are generally very lax.

I've used 'because I'm in Florida' as my reason when people ask while I'm dressed as a pirate in public and everyone so far is satisfied with that answer. I've even open carried a functional sword and nobody says a thing. =/
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    All of the issues people are having lately with public pools makes me feel very fortunate to live in Florida. Most springs allow tails, and my apartment complex doesn't care what I do in the pool so long as it doesn't involve alcohol. I guess so long as we aren't being a Floridaman (or even if we are) people are generally very lax.

I've used 'because I'm in Florida' as my reason when people ask while I'm dressed as a pirate in public and everyone so far is satisfied with that answer. I've even open carried a functional sword and nobody says a thing. =/
    I really wish my state had more good, natural swimming areas.

ergh! sad but true!

Though I just had a random story from a cousin... when they were little, their dad would take them to the local state park lake. He'd turn them loose in the water, and go sit under a tree reading the paper. He was a farmer so hated being in the water, but the kids loved it. There were, at times, lifeguards there, and the water was (until you got out by the floaty buoy rope) shallow. And we never wore helmets either... I have no idea how we survived...

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    I would have removed her from the pool. I had to fight soooo hard to get my pool to reallow adults with monofins bc these idiot parents trying to drown their children. I dont get it...kids are soooo expensive if nothing else! Sheeesh
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

my B it out is definitely the knockoff sets and stupid parents ruining everything and trying to murder their own kids while doing it! UUUUUUUUUUUUGH
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Hahahah love your ra t but your totally right. Its irresponsible people who have made it so hard for us to be able to use monofins it's taking the mick now. This is why I'm having a right fight on with my local council to allow me to use one once I've done my mermaid training. Do you think it's worth me doing some free diving lessons to

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    I would have removed her from the pool. I had to fight soooo hard to get my pool to reallow adults with monofins bc these idiot parents trying to drown their children. I dont get it...kids are soooo expensive if nothing else! Sheeesh
    If this is about my story about the kid in a knockoff and no fin...people who go to a local mermaid school frequent that pool, thus the lifeguards probably didn't bat an eye. She did get around perfectly fine in the pool with no fin tho.

That makes sense. That dang video of the viral half drowning kids makes me crazy bc its always referenced...i don't get why swim tests arent more common in more pools?

They don't seem hard to administer and sure seems to prevent a lot of potential drowning attempts? I'm no lifeguard though so maybe there's a reason I'm missing
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    That makes sense. That dang video of the viral half drowning kids makes me crazy bc its always referenced...i don't get why swim tests arent more common in more pools?

They don't seem hard to administer and sure seems to prevent a lot of potential drowning attempts? I'm no lifeguard though so maybe there's a reason I'm missing
    Maybe they think it's more trouble than it's worth? I dunno either.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    OHHH MMYYY GOOOODDDDDD I went to the usual pool we swim at and ANOTHER kid had a knockoff tail! No telling what knockoff brand it was but I know it was one because it had scales on the fluke. That's fine if the kid can swim well in it, but I have seen vids of adult mers testing knockoff tails and STRUGGLING to swim, and god it makes me nervous. this is a very merfriendly pool but I know once something happens with those cheapo tails, we are done for

argh!

I've had such a good time with my Fin Fun stuff, and so have other people. They are so affordable I can't imagine trying to save a buck and getting something unworkable.

We need to educate them.

Page 426 of 430 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430 LastLast