Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mersona Character Sheet!

Mersona Character Sheet!

Here is mine

Land name: Audrey

Mername: Oona

Species of mermaid: half Naiad/ half Oceanid

Naiad: A nymph associated with streams, lakes, springs, and other bodies of freshwater.

Oceanid: A nymph associated with oceans and other bodies of salt water.

Story: A young girl with special eyes that can see all of the hidden dimension of the fantasy world. A River-Witch seen her special ability and approached her. Holding out both hands she shows a feather on the right and a golden comb in the left. " I give you a great gift, chose only one my dear." Her voice was smooth like rain in a lake, the girl looks at both and picks the feather. It was soft and gentle to the touch and holds on to the anchor end of the feather as it cuts her thumb. But strangely it didn't hurt. The River-Witch morft into a beautiful Melusine. She smiled down at me " You chose something that was not out of greed. I give you the ability with your special eyes that see a gift of the sea. Just wish when you want to be a mermaid and wish when you want to be human. But the only consequence is that it must be in waters from where your ancestors fished."

Tail color: pending...

Eye color: Brown

Hair: Brown

Fave Mer accessory: shells and pearls

What my human self can't leave with: my jacket ( no matter the weather ) and sketch book

What my mer self can't leave without: ( as soon as I can get it) training/practice/warm-up monofin

Sent from my SM-J320V using MerNetwork mobile app

Try to make yours I'm interested in finding out about you!

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    Land name: Carla

Mername: Coralia Stormtide

Species of mermaid: Dark/River/Ghost Mermaid

Story(in really short): Young girl who was cursed to room the rivers in the cold north. She turned her curse to benefit her, got a tail and now she protects the forests,rivers,... She had to flee because of some village people to the south. Not feeling good in the warmer climate, she only desires the cold. She lives on as a human on land and she can transform whenever she wants. She is very shy, but bubbly when you get to know her.

Tail color: (attached pic)

Eye color: Green

Hair: Natural platinum blonde but sometimes blue, red,... every color she likes.

Fave Mer accessory: "Trash" she finds in the rivers were she makes her own accessories&jewellery and clothing from

What my human self can't leave with: My lovely viking fiancee

What my mer self can't leave without: My accessories&jewellery and also my human fiancee (who I might curse soon also)

Name:  thumbnail_Carla's Tail Final Watermarked.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  209.9 KB
    Last edited by Mermaid Lilija; 11-21-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilija View Post
    Land name: Carla

Mername: Coralia Stormtide

Species of mermaid: Dark/River/Ghost Mermaid

Story(in really short): Young girl who was cursed to room the rivers in the cold north. She turned her curse to benefit her, got a tail and now she protects the forests,rivers,... She had to flee because of some village people to the south. Not feeling good in the warmer climate, she only desires the cold. She lives on as a human on land and she can transform whenever she wants. She is very shy, but bubbly when you get to know her.

Tail color: (attached pic)

Eye color: Green

Hair: Natural platinum blonde but sometimes blue, red,... every color she likes.

Fave Mer accessory: "Trash" she finds in the rivers were she makes her own accessories&jewellery and clothing from

What my human self can't leave with: My lovely viking fiancee

What my mer self can't leave without: My accessories&jewellery and also my human fiancee (who I might curse soon also)

Name:  thumbnail_Carla's Tail Final Watermarked.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  209.9 KB
    Oh! like your story!And p.s my boyfriend is Scottish and will dress up like a Scott's. Kilt and all xD

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Land name: Holly

Mername: Elsewhere

Species of Mermaid: Migrating North Pacific Mer

Personality: Independent, spunky, doesn't really like other people, headstrong, but really curious and genuine when you get to know her.

Story: Elsewhere was hatched a mermaid, and spent most her time swimming alone and exploring, but she easily grew bored of riding the same currents. According to the laws of her pod, a mer could leave for a specific period of time to achieve a specific goal. Elsewhere convinced the elders of her pod to grant her legs and allow her to spend a year on land, posing as a highschool exchange student in an effort to promote ocean conservation. Of course, she had no intention to do any of this. Her true plan was to simply explore the surface world, meet some humans, and do... whatever land people do. The only catch with all of this was she had to swim in her tail at least once every 24 hours, lest she dry out. Once she arrived on land, she discovered life isn't wasn't easy as she expected and for some reason, was really attractive to animals, which she hated. (So she's was always being followed around by a crowd of cats, dogs, and other small mammals XD.) Eventually the elders found out she's not doing her assignment and send some soldiers after her...
    (That's all I have so far. At some point she falls in love with a land guy in a very Tsundere way, but I have yet to work that out.)

Tail color: Dark blue

Eye color: Violet

Hair color: Dark brown and wavy with teal streaks. As a mer, it's all the way down her back, but upon her arrival to land, she crops it short and spiky.

Fav Mer Accessory: An enchanted pink shell necklace given to get by her best friend before Elsewhere departed from the pod.

What my mer self can't leave without: Probably her coral knife, lest she encounter any fisherman's nets.

What my human self can't leave without: Her blue hoodie.

Sent from my SM-J327P using MerNetwork mobile app
    Last edited by Mermaid Holly; 01-01-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I'll give it a shot. :PP

Land name: Kay
    Mername: Kane
    Species of mermaid: Undine
    Story: Kane was created in the calm waters Puget Sound. They were left to fend for themself, born as a young adult, as undines are aquatic spirits who are tied to a designated water source and have no parents. They enjoy designing nets to catch her next dinner with, as well as collecting odd things to put in their nest under the waves.
    They are currently very busy adapting to the change modern life brings, as it is far more important to stay hidden, and harder to keep the waters pure. You can often find them frolicking near the whales that come in and out of the Sound and teasing tourists.
    Tail color: Iridescent oilslick colors, ranging all across the cold color zone from purple, blue, green, to gold.
    Eye color: Green with brown accents.
    Hair: Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I'll give it a shot. :PP

Land name: Kay
    Mername: Kane
    Species of mermaid: Undine
    Story: Kane was created in the calm waters Puget Sound. They were left to fend for themself, born as a young adult, as undines are aquatic spirits who are tied to a designated water source and have no parents. They enjoy designing nets to catch her next dinner with, as well as collecting odd things to put in their nest under the waves.
    They are currently very busy adapting to the change modern life brings, as it is far more important to stay hidden, and harder to keep the waters pure. You can often find them frolicking near the whales that come in and out of the Sound and teasing tourists.
    Tail color: Iridescent oilslick colors, ranging all across the cold color zone from purple, blue, green, to gold.
    Eye color: Green with brown accents.
    Hair: Brown.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Oona View Post
    Awsome!

Thanks!

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    I'm still coming up with my mersona, but I'll let you know once I figure it out. At this point, I don't even think Jamie sounds like a Mer name at all! I just used my land name, but I should try to come up with something that sounds more like a mer.

Quote Originally Posted by MermanJamie View Post
    I'm still coming up with my mersona, but I'll let you know once I figure it out. At this point, I don't even think Jamie sounds like a Mer name at all! I just used my land name, but I should try to come up with something that sounds more like a mer.
    Make sure it comes from the heart, don't force your self!

Should I change it to make it more mer-esque? Jamie doesn't really sound like a mer name, so maybe I should choose something that is related to the sea. I just used my land nickname, because I'm not too big of a fan of my real name, James.

Should I change it to make it more mer-esque? Jamie doesn't really sound like a mer name, so maybe I should choose something that is related to the sea. I just used my land nickname, because I'm not too big of a fan of my real name, James.
    Up to you it's your Mersona. If your having trouble look up on the internet to get your mername and find one that you like if it's hard to come up with a name. And the story can be anything too the one I did I made up on the spot and didn't plan it because it came from the heart. Find something that matches your personality! The toughest things is Making a story for your Mersona. The best thing to do is to type what comes to mind!

Up to you it's your Mersona. If your having trouble look up on the internet to get your mername and find one that you like if it's hard to come up with a name. And the story can be anything too the one I did I made up on the spot and didn't plan it because it came from the heart. Find something that matches your personality! The toughest things is Making a story for your Mersona. The best thing to do is to type what comes to mind!

I already have a rough idea of my story. Nothing fancy, but I'm trying to work on it.

I already have a rough idea of my story. Nothing fancy, but I'm trying to work on it.
    Good luck ! Don't forget to share!

Good luck ! Don't forget to share!

Ok, I will come back to the thread as soon as I'm done!

Ok, I will come back to the thread as soon as I'm done!
    Have fun, Jim! Don't take it too seriously
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Landname: Willow
    Mername: Seaspray
    Species of Mer: Based off a combination of Selkie/Nixie
    Story: Seaspray is originally from the Mariana Trench but left her pod because she wanted more than the traditional life. She traveled to the Gulf of Mexico and upstream from there to Minnesota. On her travels, Seaspray was horrified to find so much trash in the water and decided to break mer-law and show herself to humans to show them there is life to be respected everywhere.
    Tail Color: Pale lavender at the waist, blending into shades of green and eventually blue, the blue deepens at the back into an almost black blue.
    Eye Color: Grey/Blue
    Hair Color: Dark Blonde
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

I agree it shouldn't be something that if forces and I don't think one should pretend to be something they are not. I'm still actually coming up with my mersona too. I certainly don't have a story or even a mer name yet lol.

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    Land name: Miki

Mername: Memory

Pronouns: they/them

Species of mermaid: Minor Goddess, bringer of calm waters and protector of wayward sailors

Story: Memory was born of Poseidon, the God of the Sea, and Brizo, the Goddess of sailors, they were always fascinated by humans! They spent a lot of time swimming alongside pirate ships, collecting coins and treasure that fell overboard, and getting dreamy-eyed over many of the pirate women… they provided protection to those who flee from unfair prosecution to the sea, although it doesn't happen very much anymore. Nowadays they spend their time trying to chat up pretty immortal girls and sunbathing!

Tail color: teal and gold

Eye color: blue

Hair: teal

Fave Mer accessory: top that matches my tail!

What my human self can't leave without: sketchbook and at least two knives…

What my mer self can't leave without: my crown and a few pirate coins

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Mername: Talvikko, which means ”Overwinterer” in meänkieli.

Pronouns: He/they

Species: Arctic open water/deep sea mer (heavily inspired by the ”Mermaids” mockumentary)

Story: Talvikko was born into an isolated pod in the Barents sea, near the Kola peninsula. His pod roams the open sea during summer and draws closer to shore during winter, favouring rocky and remote areas and always staying well away from humans. After getting rammed by a fishing boat and breaking several ribs, Talvikko was unable to keep up with the pod and decided to leave rather than slowing them down. The ribs healed badly, rendering him unable to dive deep; alone as he was, he had to swim closer to the mainland than ever before in hopes of finding easier prey and to avoid killer whales and fishing nets. These days he's a mer of the shallows in northern Norway, hunting flounders and guiding lost whales back to the deeps.

Talvikko is a feral mer who doesn't speak and rarely ventures up on land. Other merfolk are treated as equals and when they speak he understands them, but humans are aliens in his eyes and he's not so much ”shy” as ”hostile until convinced otherwise”. He has lost some of his fear of them after spending years near populated shores and can on rare occasions be friendly and playful, but most of the time he prefers to keep his distance.

Tail colour and shape: Various hues of grey (dark back, light belly) with darker and lighter spots along the sides. His upper body and face has the same colours as the tail, his hands are webbed with short, sharp claws instead of nails and his ears are closed and pointy. He also has an intricate pattern of stripes and spots on his face, back and tail that is invisible in daylight but glows in the dark. Porpoise-like fluke and small dorsal fin, both with glow-in-the-dark edges.

Eye colour: Black with a thin line of blue around the pupils.

Hair: Thin brown dreads with rockweed tangled into them.

Fav mer accessory: Macramé belt with blue mussel shells and rockweed decorations.