Thread: ☆ Tail Care and Maintenance, The Official Thread ☆

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    What's something else you can use besides lube? Feels a bit awkward to me to buy that.
    If you have a neoprene or neoprene backed tail you can use Suit Slip (linked in original post, 4th bullet down). The makers of Suit Slip say it's fine for silicone tails as well, but I don't know anyone else who has used it for a full silicone tail. Some use hair conditioner, but I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Just so you know people buy water-based lube for all kinds of things other than sex. Especially generic brands like KY Jelly. Paint thinner for acrylics, making fake blood (I've heard of zombie/goul fashion shows buying out every bottle in a store in preparation), removing stuck on o-rings, sewing through rubbery fabrics, unsticking sticky or stuck zippers, getting of price tag residue, and untangling knotted jewelry chains are ones I can think off off the top of my head. But if you're still not convinced, you can always buy it online. Or ask a friend, boyfriend, relative, or whoever buy a bottle for you.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Morgann's Avatar
    The mighty waters of the Great Salt Lake.
    Add Mermaid Morgann on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    If you have a neoprene or neoprene backed tail you can use Suit Slip (linked in original post, 4th bullet down). The makers of Suit Slip say it's fine for silicone tails as well, but I don't know anyone else who has used it for a full silicone tail. Some use hair conditioner, but I personally wouldn't recommend it.

I have a full silicone tail and swear by using SuitSlip. The bottles are a bit pricey if you're doing a weekend-long convention because you use up quite a bit of it getting in and out, but so far it's been my favorite thing.
    RAINBOWS AND MERMAIDS

ARE PROOF THAT IMAGINATION AND BEAUTY

GO HAND IN HAND.

-B. FITZGERALD