Thread: Make up and hairstyle

Make up and hairstyle

Look at this video,beautiful make up and hairstyle for kids party and fantasy Mermaid. I love it
    What do you think?
    http://youtu.be/s2BnjyEYKf0

Sent from my shellPad with Tapatalk
    Find me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/sirenazaffiro
    Instagram : mermaidzaffiro

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Personally, I don't like very visible make-up on a mermaid, because it looks too artificial for a waterdweller imo.

But for parties/photoshoots, or if you generally are into make-up, it's pretty.
    The hair is done beautifully though.

I have some hair chalk that I tried on my red hair. It was blue and purple. The colors hardly showed up, and my hands got all messy with the stuff and it didn't stay in for very long. It made my hair feel really greasy and sticky too. I'm wondering if her hair chalk is a better quality and if it will stay on if you get in the water.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    Personally, I don't like very visible make-up on a mermaid, because it looks too artificial for a waterdweller imo.

But for parties/photoshoots, or if you generally are into make-up, it's pretty.
    The hair is done beautifully though.
    That's what I think too. Dramatic make up is beautiful, but animals don't use make up lol. Only humans do.

I also agree, sort of. I think it's great if you're at a very public event like a parade or a fair, but completely impractical for gigs where you swim.

I'm on the minimal makeup bandwagon, too. I can see wanting to create a character look; mermaiding is a form of theatre, after all. Makeup has its place in photography, too, since photos and video tend to flatten and wash out faces. But I worry that if I'm heavily made up when working with little girls, they will buy into the idea that female faces are not good enough in their natural state. The idea that women have to wear makeup to be pretty is misogynistic, IMO.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I think of it like when I play a fairy. Mermaids are otherworldly to me so I try to make my makeup look that way.

Add Varga on Facebook
    I have two different ideas for my mermaid persona (I'm actually thinking about having two, just because I can't decide...). One is based on the northern pike [link] which is a fish that eats other fish - therefor I'm thinking sharp teeth and quite "hard" make up, at least for shoots. Maybe gills on the neck as well. The other persona idea I have is more based on Ariel (since that's my favourite character and I have red hair + blue eyes thing going for me) and will wear hardly no make up at all.

I'm agreeing with most of you that make up is mostly for photoshoots and such. When performing for/with children (which I hope to do in the future) I'm thinking either a lot of make up, with the gills and teeth and everything, or a more natural look with maybe just lashes and some lipstick or something. Looking forward to see more pictures of you all and your make up!
    Please swim by my Facebook page <3

My dragons (and eggs);

for makeup at most i like to use fishnet and to powder silvery or blue green shadow on my face in places for the scaley look, but never have been a fan for eye makeup being heavy with bright colours
    for eyes i like a sort of pearly iridesent look with natural colours and maybe with white highlighting in places , specially in the water. i avoid using eyeliner too unless im going to the " evil siren" sorta look otherwise it smudges and runs down
    and for lipstick i feel unless its a nude colour my pale skin and a bright coloured lipstick will make me look all washed out in a bad way , specially if im going for a natural eye look

Really like to bring out my eyes sometime I will use bright colors and sometimes I will go more neutral. I have been lucky playing with make up underwater. The makeup forever aqua seal really works

if you read again,I wrote:
    "for kids party and fantasy Mermaid."

I know "animals don't use make up"! I don't like too very visible make-up on a mermaid, because it looks too artificial for mermaiding. But kids love bright color in a Mermaid ^_^

Look at this Hannah Mermaid pic,her make up is beautiful and so femminine
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Find me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/sirenazaffiro
    Instagram : mermaidzaffiro