Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108
Results 2,141 to 2,154 of 2154

Thread: That Awkward Moment When: Mermaid Edtion!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Me neither. I'm working on it.

Potassium and magnesium are a big help to preventing cramps
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

That awkward moment when you've been swimming for a few hours in your tail then decide to take it off, but upon reentering the pool find that you've forgotten how to swim without it. lol My husband was like "umm do you need help love" as I was floundering about like a sad weak little human.

hahaha I'm just imagining if this happened to me...."Oh god, what are these meat sticks?!" and my fiance dying of laughter and being unable to help
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Every. Single. Time.

That awkward moment when a mothers excited little children are touching the tips of your fluke and then their mom just comes right up and runs her hand up your tail almost to the hip. Then her eyes go wide when she realizes what she did and mutters out an apology like "I'm so sorry I didn't even think." That was an awkward experience. Usually you can't get away without little kids wanting to touch your tail (which I'm usually fine with as long as it's the fluke area), but I've never had a parent do that. lol

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Avalynn View Post
    That awkward moment when a mothers excited little children are touching the tips of your fluke and then their mom just comes right up and runs her hand up your tail almost to the hip. Then her eyes go wide when she realizes what she did and mutters out an apology like "I'm so sorry I didn't even think." That was an awkward experience. Usually you can't get away without little kids wanting to touch your tail (which I'm usually fine with as long as it's the fluke area), but I've never had a parent do that. lol
    That's cute! A parent who believes just as much as her children.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I guess, but I hate people touching me. lol Right now I'm expecting a Merling and people (little old ladies mostly) just come up and touch my bulging belly which makes me want to slap their hand away. I mean I don't even know these humans so its really awkward.

I guess, but I hate people touching me. lol Right now I'm expecting a Merling and people (little old ladies mostly) just come up and touch my bulging belly which makes me want to slap their hand away. I mean I don't even know these humans so its really awkward.
    Congrats!
    I'm getting all my systems checked bc we are getting ready to start our family soon, but i swear if anyone touches my belly they are losing that arm! I've never understood how people can get so insanely rude with women!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    That moment when you tell your co-workers you're mermaiding and 2 of them want to do it too...

I'm really sorry people are doing that. When I was pregnant, I'd heard so many stories of this happening that I fully expected it. And it never happened, even once! Which is good, as I hate being touched most of the time. Friends decided it must be the tattoos and being a surly type in black. lol But people also totally changed toward me... asking me about my due date, talking to me about pregnancy, helping like immediately when I'd drop something. That actually continued, the average type of person who used to never say a word to me will ask me for my opinion on things when I'm with my daughter. lol

ANYWAY, maybe you need a maternity shirt with a big HANDS OFF on it. Maybe they'll get it. Maybe carry pepper spray and point it while telling them, "I'm hormonal and done with humans touching my belly!" That ought to do it. haha

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali

Visit johnleeex's Youtube Channel

Sharp rock pokes mermaid

That akward moment when a sharp rock pokes into your tail! Fortunately, neoprene is pretty tough and it did not tear the suit. Looks much more ridiculous in the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jiFYmxmk10 around 08:28.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Been there, done that.

Did all my scuba diving in cold murky quarries (except for the two ocean dives off the coast of DE, and the one in the St Lawrence River.... and the high altitude one in a Virginia lake). Full neoprene coverings are my friend (even tho somewhat claustrophobic now).

Even more fun is mermaiding on a Chesapeake bay beach (Rock Hall MD), with no mask, cause murky, so, just tail. The Bay has about 3 rocks, all of which are carefully charted... except for the riprap rocks everywhere to prevent erosion (which is what sand does, it moves).

yuh, swimming swimming swimming over the murky shallows in your Fin Fun tail and... scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape....

There are random stingrays too... it happened to the Pocahontas guy... (John Smith, therte's a place called Stingray Point where he apparently stabbed a ray with his sword... and got stabbyed back. He fell so ill he told his guys to dig his grave. But recovered in time for supper... which was stingray.

They're actually avoidable if you do the "stingray shuffle" and slide your feet around the bottom rather than stomping down...

That awkward moment when you've been swimming for a few hours in your tail then decide to take it off, but upon reentering the pool find that you've forgotten how to swim without it. lol My husband was like "umm do you need help love" as I was floundering about like a sad weak little human.
    I feel this soooooooooooooooo much. I never could swim in feet. Bleah, flounder flounder. I used fins since I knew they existed (pair o fins). I also swam with the mermaid kick fairly often before I knew it was a thing.

In open or deep water I NEED my fins... or fin... though I am quite capable of floating and derping and not drowning without.

I keep a pair under the deck bungees of the kayak. I once was in open water (back bay of Chincoteague Island VA) snorkelling, about 6' of water, totally over my head. It got late in the afternoon and I had to get back in the boat and couldn't... too tired. So put the fins back on and swam up over the deck. I keep a pair of fins there now, always, as a safety thing.

That awkward moment when a little kid sees you taking off your tail at the beach and they start crying