Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warning about Anna Browne - "Tail Maker"

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Looks like either PVA glue or hot glue.
    Formerly known as ireneho

If we were making a betting pool, I would drop a dollar on silicone with too much part A mixed in, so it didn't cure right. But short of sending it to a lab there's probably no way to tell. Having an example to poke at, I would say it's not hot glue- it's sticky, like silicone while it's curing.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by LaenaMarsh View Post
    If we were making a betting pool, I would drop a dollar on silicone with too much part A mixed in, so it didn't cure right. But short of sending it to a lab there's probably no way to tell. Having an example to poke at, I would say it's not hot glue- it's sticky, like silicone while it's curing.

from what ive seen of anna browne, i cannot imagine her buying something as expensive as dragonskin silicone

I think the way to go about this is to never but from a silicone tail seller that hasn't made a tail before. It's not unfair, how can a tailmaker make promises and take money if they don't know their own skill yet? If a new tailmaker shows you a silicone tail that looks great, make sure it's not a stolen photo.

Odds are, if somebody is new to the market and wants to start selling silicone tails, they've probably made their OWN tails first, and have pictures of themselves in it. Look for those and make sure the craftmanship is up to your standards.

...Or just keep in mind that Anna makes sockpuppets, and buy from sellers you already know.

Quote Originally Posted by gay-mermaid.memory View Post
    i dont know what she is using but it sure isnt 100% silicone caulk. either she is mixing something into it that affects curing or it is something else entirely that she is passing off as silicone.
    My first thought was she is just using part A because she did send a picture of just the one bucket to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCmermaid View Post
    My first thought was she is just using part A because she did send a picture of just the one bucket to someone.
    Now that I would believe.

I genuinely think she thinks she has taste and creates quality, which is why she explodes whenever she is presented with evidence to the contrary. Also why she has such a hate-on for Finfolk: they actually are tasteful and quality.

And you really need dragonskin for quality.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    So I'm going to stand by what I said; Anna already made a new account to ban-evade and sell her garbage on the mernetwork. Even if she's been removed from groups or straight up deleted her facebook, odds are she'll just be back with a new account and a fake name. So be on the lookout for potential socks on facebook and other social media.
    that account was banned. if you see others, let Iona know so she can IP check them.

Anna always keeps manipulative images to try and prove her lies. So I don't think she's making tails out of dragonskin, she may have bought one of the small tester buckets and just keeps sending the pics.

She bought flukes and fins from Fancy Fish and pretends she made them

Wow. That's the kind of creativity I can't help but salute... and wish was used for better things than scamming
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Ha! Ransom, you're right. It is amazing to think that if all that effort was actually put into creating and concentrating on honing one's skill, how much better she might possibly be at this point. However, some people just plainly are NOT destined to be artists because they simply have no talent.

Well, add me to the list now, I guess.

Anna purchased several things from my Etsy under a false name, reported my shop to Etsy because I was running late (though my shop had an announcement that orders were taking up to 4 weeks), and caused me a lot of stress during my finals week (I'm a professor) with her messages under the false name while sending nice messages under her public name. I also took a chance back in April and ordered a monofin from her that never arrived. Sigh. There's more, but I want to respect privacy so I'm only posting what I can prove. The moderator is welcome to PM me for my evidence.

I don't like to make such things public, but I am doing so here because it follows exactly the pattern that the previous posts have indicated (multiple accounts, playing both sides, harassing Etsy shop owners, etc.). Anna was very nice to me up until recently, when another Etsy source for sew-on silicone fins became available.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

As some of you may know I've also tried my hand at Etsy to some moderate success. Anna was one of my first customers (making me go Yikes due to her pattern of purchasing things and then leaving crap reviews) but I went ahead and sent them to her anyways as she has always been 'nice' to me. *cough suckup* As I suspected she didn't leave a 5 star review but I knew she really couldn't touch me. Then my shop got hit with some bad times and she said that she'll boost her review to bring up the score which was nice, along with some of her "experienced Etsy knowledge". I was getting that from my good *real* friends at VirtuoSew but thanks.

Flash forward to the terrible events that went down with that splash tail. I left a few comments stating my dissapointment with her, nothing extreme, just that I was sad that she has not changed her ways. Then what do you know, that SAME DAY she edits her review score again to be much lower and meaner. Okaaaay pal.

You all should know that I have been aware (and wary) of her from the start, I think from that first "Mermaid Movie Campaign". I was suspicious due to her lack of filmmaking proof and YouTube channel filled with uncut vertical videos. She did end up coming to a few of my pod meetups as she has family over the border and unfortunately left a bad taste in the mouths of a few of our members. I have not seen her in person since October and don't plan on letting her come to any more of our meets.

In summary, most of my dealings with her over the past yearish have been polite but uneasy. She knows she really can't go after me with no justification so I feel safe publicly stating my total mistrust in her.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I forgot about the Mermaid Movie Campaign

I was working on a blog post yesterday about avoiding scammers and was googling the known list of scammers. I swear there is one SOMEWHERE but I can't find it. It has Adam Martyn etc on it. (if anyone finds it let me know)

Anyway, while searching I found this: https://lolcow.farm/snow/res/600461.html

Someone from mernetwork probably put it on there. It's like a 4chan style forum. Someone found a LOT of extra proof. I went on and asked them to post any more they have but got banned. LOL apparently that broke their rules. (none that I could find) and got me a threat from someone who clearly is from here lol But THAT ASIDE. There's some really interesting additional links and screen shots there.
    I never even saw half this stuff, the tweeting at Etsy- good lord. Claiming her ex was a MURDERER???

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Lovely.

Some of those personal attacks about her poetry and the body shaming take this too far. There's a line between providing information and bullying and it's fair to say the anonymous person who posted that to Lolcow crossed that line.

I understand and support the idea of warning people about the financial risks involved but it makes me uncomfortable knowing that someone from this forum or at least watching this forum feels entitled to perpetuate that kind of dialogue. Whomever it is should consider reading Raina's blog post on scamming, it's a far better way to engage and inform people without resorting to personal attacks.

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod SelkieCyrus's Avatar
    by the by, the 'rules' you broke on /lolcow/ is identifying yourself in the first place. the forum is 100% meant to be anon. they call it 'exposing your power level'. in other words, unless you have proof yourself to submit, lurking is the only way to garner information.

yes, its a cruel system, but 4chan, reddit, kiwifarms, E.D, has always been like this. keep following the posts, just don't post yourself.

also, yes. this is bullying. plain and simple, you need proof of how this effects people, look at what they did to Chirstine Weston Chandler. these forums are meant to create a sadistic self destructive environment where people get their kicks off of inhumanizing their targets.

still, it as evil as it is, it is still the best place to get receipts of horrific conduct. despite the venom of these cites, there is still yet good that can be gleaned from them.
    Last edited by SelkieCyrus; 06-05-2018 at 01:42 PM.

It's unfortunate that's the page that's trending in Google search results for Anna Browne instead of this one. There's enough speculation and irrelevant insults there that she might be able to convince a potential client that none of it is true and keep on scamming.

Drama communities are fascinating from a sociological perspective, but I wouldn't want to get all up in there. Hopefully any new mers follow the links and find those of us with hard proof.

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod SelkieCyrus's Avatar
    ohh man, there is no way you can convince a smart buyer that the stuff on kiwifarms is fake. even if there is a lot of theory crafting, proof will always be bumped. and it is 100% unabridged. if there is a lolcow page about you you are pretty much fluked. best chance of avoiding it is avoiding the internet, because they also always find you if you reinvent yourself. these people literally have nothing better to do.

by the by, the 'rules' you broke on /lolcow/ is identifying yourself in the first place. the forum is 100% meant to be anon. they call it 'exposing your power level'. in other words, unless you have proof yourself to submit, lurking is the only way to garner information.
    So why the heck do they have an actual name field in their comments? LOL. Why not make it anon by default. Or even an anon check box. The way it looks, you're supposed to pick a name lol. (I know that's not up to you to answer, just pointing out the obviously stupid lol)

It's unfortunate that's the page that's trending in Google search results for Anna Browne instead of this one. There's enough speculation and irrelevant insults there that she might be able to convince a potential client that none of it is true and keep on scamming.
    This thread is so new it's not indexed by google very well yet. I think it'll get up there. I actually found lolcow by searching "mernetwork scammer list" and it was the top hit! We used to have a scammer list here, but I can't find it. So I tried google. no luck. I am wondering if it was moved. I wasnt even searching Anna, TBH she uses so many fake names I never bothered googling her lol.

While I totally agree the body shaming etc is not needed, I did find some of the posts from her illustrated her behaviour. A few people who reached out to me told me how caught off guard they were by it and I think these are perfect examples of it...

ohh man, there is no way you can convince a smart buyer that the stuff on kiwifarms is fake. even if there is a lot of theory crafting, proof will always be bumped. and it is 100% unabridged.
    Yes one of another old scammers Kanti- had a bunch of proof show up there. We had issues with her here and then someone found a thread and realized she'd pulled the same scams on a bunch of other communities.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    So why the heck do they have an actual name field in their comments? LOL. Why not make it anon by default. Or even an anon check box. The way it looks, you're supposed to pick a name lol. (I know that's not up to you to answer, just pointing out the obviously stupid lol)
    That's where the fascinating sociology comes in... The newbs mess up, people point it out, over time you become the pointer rather than the pointee and then you're entrenched in the community.

Not my bag, but whatever. If it keeps other people from buying a spooge tail it's a net positive.