Thread: Forum Hack

Exclamation Forum Hack

I received an email tonight indicating that Mernetwork was one of about 140 vBulletin online forums hacked in January, leaking email, user name, and password hashes. More infomation can be found at https://www.hackread.com/vbulletin-f...d-data-leaked/. Luckily only hashes are stored, and not the actual password, but it might be a good idea to change your password anyways.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll alert admin to see if we know about this or whatever. I know very little about web security so basically im gonna take a picture of this thread and text it to the admins

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I put a note on the FB page. We really gotta get more admins, I think Wes is the only active one!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just contacted our host and I'll try to update the software as soon as possible.

And I agree, I have been very absent for a while. We'll give some thought on how to be more present and responsive.

Thanks for posting about this! I didn't receive any such email so I'm grateful you let us know! I alerted Malinghi and he got some wheels in motion as I've been dealing with chronic migraines (Thanks Malinghi!). I've been active, but just doing behind the scenes work.

I wasn't aware the old software could be exploited like that. All I can do is apologize to all the members. I'm truly sorry, and we are working on fixing it so hopefully nothing like this will happen again!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Thanks for posting about this! I didn't receive any such email so I'm grateful you let us know! I alerted Malinghi and he got some wheels in motion as I've been dealing with chronic migraines (Thanks Malinghi!). I've been active, but just doing behind the scenes work.

I wasn't aware the old software could be exploited like that. All I can do is apologize to all the members. I'm truly sorry, and we are working on fixing it so hopefully nothing like this will happen again!
    Oh yes, SQL injections are quite popular. Just ask Bobby Table's School.

I forgot to update this! We got the forum software updated shortly after I posted last. We updated the Tapatalk plugin as well

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    I forgot to update this! We got the forum software updated shortly after I posted last. We updated the Tapatalk plugin as well
    Cool. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Good day! I am a beginner programmer please help me with some tips how to start my first development? How to start making money? I am just burning with this very much, as I love to do my business!

Quote Originally Posted by my1innerworld View Post
    Good day! I am a beginner programmer please help me with some tips how to start my first development? How to start making money? I am just burning with this very much, as I love to do my business!

Cool, I also dream of becoming a successful programmer. Try to find your first orders on the freelance exchange. My friends found their first job there and now many customers already know about them and recommend them to each other. I'm looking forward to graduating, finally completing my c programming assignment and also earning money doing what I love. Maybe even become a hacker)
    Last edited by Leonidas Lopez; 09-18-2022 at 11:10 AM.