Thread: Weird Mermaids from Iceland

Weird Mermaids from Iceland

Just read about the Weird Girls Project in Iceland ( http://www.theweirdgirlsproject.com/about.html ) and liked their goals. "the project also focuses on the event itself and how the women react, improvise and morph within costume learning about their power of self combined with the strength of coming together as a group . . . The Project involves ordinary women rather than professional actresses or models and part of the inspiration was to encourage a gain in self confidence within women"

So they did a weird mermaid project to accompany a local artist's song. ( http://www.theweirdgirlsproject.com/episode_06.html ) "Real women" becoming mermaids for a day, with blue and green faces. Ya gotta love it!

Name:  img_7_20.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  215.0 KBName:  img_7_19.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  448.8 KB

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    nice!
    Iceland has a long tradition of mermaids (and sea/lake serpents).

And it's a great country for swimming, with pools heated all year long everywhere.
    If only I had managed to pick up Icelandic better (that's a must if you plan to move there).

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Ooh, Emiliana Torrini! I loved her voice on the Lord of the Rings' "Gollum's Song"! She actually has greatly inspired my own personal singing style for many years. I'm going to have to check this video out later after I wake up

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

That's a unique vision of how mermaids look!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    looks like those morph suits. I feel like they aren't that great for swimming. This is neat but not my cup of tea. As long as they had fun though that's all that matters

Yeah, it's a little too mixed media for me: 50s swim caps, Bozo the clown collar, Blue Man Group faces, and speed skater bodysuits. Kinda looks like some alien babe that Capt. Kirk would have kissed in Star Trek TOS.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I think it's kinda cool...

To quote William Hurt in The Big Chill... "Sometimes, you just have to let art flow over you."

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    They're... different. I liked everything except the frilly collars. Too much like a frilled neck lizard to me.
    Formerly known as ireneho