Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't edit my own review

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel

I can't edit my own review

I was going to edit my review on Fin Fun tails to add pictures, but when I try to upload a pic, I get this screen:

Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  294.9 KB

And it won't let me continue. Help, please?

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I'm not sure if it's possible for users to edit a review that's already been approved, but I might be able to make the changes for you. If you post the review in this thread with the changes you want to make I think I can copy that into the actual review.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    I'm not sure if it's possible for users to edit a review that's already been approved, but I might be able to make the changes for you. If you post the review in this thread with the changes you want to make I think I can copy that into the actual review.
    It's so strange, usually we can't edit the reviews at all, the system won't allow it. I've tried to do that to fix pictures before. But with yours it let me edit it (changed the f to capital F in "five stars" to test). So weird! So I guess yeah, let us know what photos you want added or anything else and we can change it, with your permission.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Funny, I know for a fact that I edited my Magictail review (it states at the bottom "edited by Talia").
    But, OK, I will copy it again with the new info and pics, and you guys are welcome to post it. Sorry about the extra work for you, I will be more careful next time.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I edited mine to fix broken photos

Bought from: FinFunMermaid.com
    Object purchased: Tail skin size M (no monofin)
    Color: Barracuda Black
    Cost: $67.95 plus shipping ($10). Total= $77.95
    Rating: Five stars.

I became interested in FinFun tail skins as soon as I saw they had new models that were not made with foil fabric. I like my tails to have scale printing, but it was obvious that the foil fabric would lose shine with time, more so when in contact with chlorinated water. When the Mermaidens collection came out, I took a good look, but their ocean colors were just a tad different from the ones Magictail had, so I waited. When the new colors (red, Celtic green, black and rainbow) came out, I thought it was the time to give it a go. The fact that they were so reasonably priced was a big push. I had the hope they would fit my Magictail monofin, but I was ready to buy one of their monofins at a later date if that did not work.

Shopping:
    I did not have any problems while on the website. There is available a size chart to check on the measurements for the tail. When you choose your size, the system recommends the optimal monofin for you, but you can choose "None", and be ready to check out. I like the fact that you don't need to open an account and can do the checking out as a guest. Payment options include PayPal and credit cards. I received a confirmation email with my order number and was told a new mail would be sent when the package was shipped. It took less than 24 hours for the order to be shipped, and I received the e-mail once it was out. Once shipped, it took ten days in full December season to receive the package at my place; I live in Europe, and I chose the cheapest shipping option, which was $10. That was fast indeed!

The tail arrived packaged in a strong cardboard box, neatly folded inside a cute blue organza bag, with an instruction sheet on how to use it and how to take care of it, and a FinFun sticker.

The tail itself:
    The tail is made from swimsuit-like fabric, printed with a scale pattern. It has no distinctive front and back. It is very soft, and stretches slightly. I chose a size M, but a size S would have probably fit me better.
    The good thing is that the FinFun tail skin CAN accomodate inside the Magictail monofin. The fabric covers it just fine, except for one side that the monofin is slightly visible. I do not think that it will be visible while into the water and swimming.

Use in water:
    As with any fabric tail.

Also, here is a video of the tail skin.

Pictures:

Unboxing
    Name:  unboxing fin fun.jpg
Views: 13308
Size:  335.8 KB

Tail skin
    Name:  finfun.jpg
Views: 12797
Size:  355.6 KB

Fluke
    Name:  fluke.jpg
Views: 9708
Size:  316.4 KB

Scales
    Name:  scales.jpg
Views: 10132
Size:  557.1 KB

Comparison with the Magictail. You can see that the fabric for the fluke is smaller in the FinFun, and it lacks the floppy tips of the Magictail.
    Name:  comparison.jpg
Views: 11081
Size:  358.0 KB

Still, here is a pic of the fluke with the Magictail monofin inside
    Name:  fluke2.jpg
Views: 11565
Size:  381.5 KB

It fits!
    Name:  monofin.jpg
Views: 9478
Size:  267.3 KB
    Last edited by Talia; 01-21-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Edited it for you, but not sure if the pictures will stick.. I can see them, can you?

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

That's the edited version, guys. You can post it when you want. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the extra work I gave you!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    still so weird, when I went to post my new merbellas review I saw that my old one had broken image files, so I replaced them in an edit and it edited fine. weird!

Yes Iona, I can see them! Thanks very much!

Raina, weird indeed!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Me too. I thought it was my computer at first, couldn't add photos to my first review. Then for second one, the same.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 01-25-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Didn't think to ask, are you guys using the [IMG] tags/code? (there's a link in the review rules at the top of each thread on how to do it)

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Oh. I will try that later.

Blergh! I fail... Tried for 15 mins all I got was a little square box! In the end, I managed to add a link to my photo of it in my album.

Is that good enough or must it be a proper photo?
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 01-26-2015 at 05:02 AM.
    Formerly known as ireneho