Hello everyone! I'm Critter. Not really sure how to find a mermaid name.

My story is pretty classic. I grew up watching movies like The Little Mermaid and Splash. I loved the water, couldn't get enough of it, and hated being called in by my parents. The place I wanted to be most was the water.

I used to sing "Part of Your World", only I meant the opposite direction then how the song was originally intended. I've always wondered why mermaid media was written about them coming to our world and not more about their society. Currently enjoying Sacred Breath by Nadia Scrieva though.

Although I have never been published, I love to write. One character in particular has haunted me over the past few years, a mermaid. It was when I began to study her and her world that I discovered how real mermaids are. Hint, I'm talking about you here. I can certainly see how this particular activity is a lifestyle much more than a hobby. How much more real can a mermaid get, imho?

I have a hurdle to cross before I earn my tail, however. I'm out of shape and over weight. I want to lose at least 100 pounds before I get my first tail. I'm joining you in the sea of the www to keep myself inspired until then.