Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on my Mertailor tail?

It's beyond my understanding that after years of business, he can't get the quality and shape of his own flukes constant

Worse, I wonder if this is a bad case of someone of his crew doing a rushed and bad job..?
    From what I saw in Instagram, Eric is currently being hospitalized. I don't know if he's back to work.

WHO is watching over the quality of the tails being made? His mother??

Yeah, that's not okay. Sizing issues happen occasionally and they suck. BUT having virtually no monofin in a $3k+ tail is NOT OKAY. I don't even know how him or his team could look at a non-monofin and think that it was okay to put it in a customer's tail.
    I agree with Arion, make a video showing the issues and write a review with photos. Post them publicly.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Name:  11936968_847044545409948_1049681829_n.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  86.0 KB
    Is anyone seeing a difference here?

Hes out of the hospital. He emailed me back saying Im making assumptions and theres a polyblade monofin in it to make it look more fish like. I dont feel a monofin. I feel 36 pounds of silicone.

I would emphasize the safety concerns in your review- too much drag, too much weight on the fluke without the support of a monofin. This tail was rendered non-swimmable due to the lack of adequate monofin structure.

So what do I do? I spent 3+K on nothing. I can sell it but no one should have it... its not wearable. And I have no tail in the end. I wanna go see him and have him explain everything to me.

you are going to need to photo the fluke while it is on you... to get a picture to show the contrast between that photo and your tail

Quote Originally Posted by stellar lee View Post
    I would emphasize the safety concerns in your review- too much drag, too much weight on the fluke without the support of a monofin. This tail was rendered non-swimmable due to the lack of adequate monofin structure.
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanora View Post
    Hes out of the hospital. He emailed me back saying Im making assumptions and theres a polyblade monofin in it to make it look more fish like. I dont feel a monofin. I feel 36 pounds of silicone.
    Making assumptions? LOL

Polyblade monofin?? There should be a proper finis monofin in the first place but he's known for making his own..

Make that video and review and we will see what the public will say on youtube, on mermaid facebook groups and on his page.

So what do I do? I spent 3+K on nothing. I can sell it but no one should have it... its not wearable. And I have no tail in the end. I wanna go see him and have him explain everything to me.
    You should do that and confront him in person WITH the tail. While there are customers there, he will be pressured to save up his reputation and face.

Okay I will. Ill try to post it tomorrow. Im just really bummed.

I also need help picking my tail up and holing it when im on my belly because theres too much flop. It wont raise. My boyfriend has to pick it up and hold it or else it falls over.

It doesn't matter if there's a "polyblade" monofin (whatever that is supposed to be) in it- it's supposed to be a hard, rigid, polycarbonate fin in there. It says right on his website, and it's what all of the photos of his tails have had thus far. If he was going to give you a different monofin made of different material, and with different properties, he should have asked you if that was okay first. Either he's BSing and the monofin is just incredibly short (in which case it should have not been put in the tail in the first place), or he straight up didn't give you what you ordered. Either way, it's not excusable. Period.

Urgh, I'm so sorry this happened to you Vanora

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

He emailed me an essay on why a polyblade fin. And I told him he should have let me know and shared this info with the public.

I can't imagine how disappointed you must be after waiting as long as you have for your tail. Don't be afraid to put that in your review as well. I know you've mentioned how hard it was to get updates regarding it, and I'd really lay everything out regarding your entire purchase experience, including how he has not respectfully handled your complaints.

He emailed me an essay on why a polyblade fin. And I told him he should have let me know and shared this info with the public.
    I'd be interested to see what he wrote. Either way, what I said above applies. He didn't let you know it was a different material with different properties- which affects the functionality and the look. He didn't ask you if it was okay to use a different material for your tail than what was stated on the website and pictured in the photos. Therefore he didn't give you what you ordered. Which is unprofessional and inexcusable.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I'll upload a photo of the email in just a moment. I'm cooking so give me like 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    I'd be interested to see what he wrote. Either way, what I said above applies. He didn't let you know it was a different material with different properties- which affects the functionality and the look. He didn't ask you if it was okay to use a different material for your tail than what was stated on the website and pictured in the photos. Therefore he didn't give you what you ordered. Which is unprofessional and inexcusable.
    I agree with Iona. He's the most unprofessional tailmaker there is.

Anything said above IS NOT what a proper tailmaker would do.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Even if it's his own monofin, it shouldn't be so short. That isn't even what his monofins look like. Take a clearer picture of the fluke with your feet in the foot pockets, to show where the edge of the monofin is.

I'm pretty sure your tail was made right around the time that he was in the hospital, so there's a chance an employee screwed up and Eric isn't aware of what is actually going on with that half-ass monofin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"ABOUT SILICONE TAIL

The Mertailor professionally produces Silicone Mermaid and Merman Tail Prosthetics that are completely customized, fully functional/swimmable and extremely realistic. Our Silicone Mermaid and Merman Tails are created to fit like a second skin, body prosthetic. Made from the highest quality silicone, Professional Grade Dragon Skin Platinum Silicone, used by the Professional Special Effects industry market today. Silicone offers more options than other rubber materials. It is extremely soft, like human flesh, very stretchy, and allows the Tail to have realistic translucency in the Fluke and Fins while being completely UV stable. Not only are our Tails completely safe to wear, but are extremely durable with added spandex mesh casted inside for strength, in addition to our tails being amazingly realistic, they are built with a custom, with a custom polycarbonate Monofin that will provide power and speed for swimming through water like a Dolphin. People of all ages, in any type of water, Salt, Fresh, or Chlorinated can wear our Silicone Mermaid Tails. Our Silicone Mermaid Tails are also very easy to travel with, they can be carried onto a plane or mailed for a reasonable price. And when you buy a Mertailor Mermaid Tail, you will forever be an honorary Mertailor Mermaid/Merman."

This is not how a polycarbonate monofin should look. Nor is it how he advertises his fins to look. I'd say you have a very valid argument

this, by the way, is straight off of his website. I figured that, by posting that information here, if he changes it, you have documentation of what the website advertised as of 8/31