Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mermaid Name Generator

Kelp Coastal Swift
    (alga litus)
    Seaweed forms a main supplement of the alga diet. The alga has many long trailing kelp-like fins that have evolved to disguise it. Colouring ranges from deep olive through to black-brown, disguising the alga in its natural habitat of weed beds.
    Found along the coastline in many parts of the world, the litus is a gypsy of the oceans, making itself at home in a variety of environments.
    Note: Faster than most varieties, with superior physical ability and quick wittedness.

Got my tail down exactly (olive green/ brown black) and I love the kelp forest here in Nother Cali.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Oyster Pacific Singer
    (ostrea pacificus)

Has pearlescent white skin and jet black hair. Oysters form a main supplement of the diet of this subspecies, which is often found hunting rocks and crevices for tasty morsels.
    Found in the calmest waters of the deep pacific ocean, the pacificus enjoys a peaceful existence.
    Note: Known for its alluring song, this variety is rarely quiet, luring sailors to their doom.

Yes I am pale with dark hair. I've never had an oyster, but I'm told they're tasty. And my closest ocean is the pacific. Which I love. and I'm almost never quiet, always singing randomly.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Wow it is actually kind of accurate.....

Oyster shipwreck dancer Ostrea Naufragus

Oysters form the main part of the diet, oysters which are one of my favorite foods. It is curious and intelligent, spot on. Then to finish it says a ballerina of the oceans, well I did ballet for 8 years so this was cool.

Often found in the vicinity of ship wrecks, the naufragus is naturally curious and intelligent and likes to explore.

Tiger Reef Cat
    (tigris dorsum)
    Characteristic wide horizontal brown and yellow-pink bands ring the tail and torso of the tigris. This type of colouring acts as a warning to predators: this subspecies is known for its sharp teeth and ferocious nature.
    Found largely in the tropical coral reefs, the dorsum is fond of beautiful environments and makes a pleasant home for itself on the underwater cliffs that border the reef beds.
    Note: Curious, lively and fond of play, this subspecies has many cat-like qualities.

Not sure about the colors or the cat thing but I love coral reefs and the other qualities seem accurate so...
    Mermaid Jewel

Red Tidal Singer
    (curalium aestus)
    Typically the tail and fins are an unusually deep red colour acting as a camouflage from predators in deeper water. The skin is a mottled, freckled sandy colour and the hair is often reddish.
    This variety tends to drift, going where the tide takes it. It is particularly fond of jellyfish and is often found close to shore.
    Note: Known for its alluring song, this variety is rarely quiet, luring sailors to their doom.

I love this!
    Instagram: @harrietmedmonds
    Twitter: @babsannee

"Immortality is simply ubiquity in time." - Herman Melville
    "Be the flame, not the moth." - Giacomo Casanova

Senior Member Euro Pod SeaNymph's Avatar
    Gold Flotsam Singer
    (flavens dissolutio)

Gold coloured with similar variegation between individuals as seen in coy carp. Flaxen-haired with pale, orange-gold skin.
    The dissolutio is a treasure-collector, gathering finds from the beach and ocean and creating caches of interesting and beautiful objects.

Yeah, that's really me!!!!! I am gold, pale, I sing and always have collected every kind of treasure....
    From Africa: A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor. Itīs the rough times that make what you are!

This is mine and it's so true...
    Dolphin Pacific Singer
    (delphinus pacificus)
    Often found amongst dolphins. Has the sleek, silver colour of that species. Something of a shepherdess, this variety is said to protect dolphin young from killer whales.
    Found in the calmest waters of the deep pacific ocean, the pacificus enjoys a peaceful existence.
    THE TRUE MERMAID SWIMS IN THE BOTTOM OF YOUR HEART!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook

Talking

(curalium ostia)

mermaid name is Red Harbour Seeker. Typically the tail and fins are an unusually deep red colour acting as a camouflage from predators in deeper water. The skin is a mottled, freckled sandy colour and the hair is often reddish. A gregarious, friendly subspecies, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and is fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing alongside dolphins and other porpoises. Note: Known for its foraging behaviour, this variety particularly likes to seek out small crustaceans and starfish.

id say it pegged me decently...
    Last edited by Mermaid Rillia; 04-25-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Marlin Marine Cat
    (pistris marinus)
    Sleek, blue-grey with a colourful dorsal fan that has flashes of blue, red and yellow. This variety is a fast swimmer.
    This subspecies is unusually fond of small boating craft, its naturally playful tendencies sometimes leading it into trouble in shipping lanes.
    Note: Curious, lively and fond of play, this subspecies has many cat-like qualities

Pretty right I'm planning on have a tail made just like that soon! I live an Florida and there's the baseball team The Marlins hehe... And I like to sleep like a cat O_o not really play like one!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Sitre Seer Moroaica's Avatar
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica On Twitter Add Sitre Seer Moroaica on Facebook
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica on Tumblr Visit Sitre Seer Moroaica's Youtube Channel
    Hahahahah my results:

Blue Harbour Hunter
    (caeruleus ostia)

The tail is a deep blue shimmering colour that takes on a jewel-like sparkle when caught in sunlight. The hair is dark and skin is usually a chocolate brown though some variations have been seen. A gregarious, friendly sub species, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and if fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing along side dolphins and other porpoises.

Note: Intelligent and shrewd, with predatory instincts, this subspecies can be aggressive when distrubed.

I love it all and glad it said variations to skin colours because I'm very pale not cholocate brown :P

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Miel's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Miel's Youtube Channel
    Played around with my names/psuedonyms a bit, but it was my birth name that got me the best result.

Oyster Equatorial Singer (ostrea solstitialis)
    Has pearlescent white skin and jet black hair. Oysters form a main supplement of the diet of this subspecies, which is often found hunting rocks and crevices for tasty morsels.
    A hot-blooded subspecies, often found basking on rocks in the sun, soaking up the equatorial heat.

I have tried oysters but I'm not particularly fond of them. I have blonde hair but I'm fond of being (very) pale-skinned.
    What I really liked about this one was the environment, all the others had me in arctic waters/deep sea and cold-blooded. XP
    I hate being cold and adore napping in my hammock on a sunny/warm day.

i originally got this one:

Red Shore Seeker (curalium litoreus)
    Typically the tail and fins are an unusually deep red colour acting as a camouflage from predators in deeper water. The skin is a mottled, freckled sandy colour and the hair is often reddish.
    A friendly variety, fond of children, often seen playing with swimmers in the shallows, though one should always exercise caution due to its unpredictable nature.
    Note: Known for its foraging behaviour, this variety particularly likes to seek out small crustaceans and starfish.

but it doesnt sound like me except the 'friendly' part. so i curiously fiddled with other names; my nicknames, middle name, etc. and ended up with this one, which sounds more like me i think.

Pearl Marine Cat (margaritum marinus)
    Noted for its milky, pearlescent colouring and rainbow mother-of-pearl scales. The margaritum is a magpie-like subspecies that collects nests of sparkling shells and pearls.
    This subspecies is unusually fond of small boating craft, its naturally playful tendencies sometimes leading it into trouble in shipping lanes.
    Note: Curious, lively and fond of play, this subspecies has many cat-like qualities.

i love shiny stuff, and everyone always tells me if i was an animal, id be a cat because of my personality. xD plus, im way too curious for my own good sometimes. >.>

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Caidence's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Caidence's Youtube Channel
    Green Beach Singer (viridans acta)
    Has brown hair and a vivid green tail. The hair and dorsal fin offer good disguise in weed beds.
    Found in the shallows, this subspecies is often observed splashing in rock pools or sunning itself on rocks, combing its hair.

Lol I have blond hair, and I don't know about the green tail. xD I do like to sit in the sun and comb my hair. xD
    I also love to sing.

This is a fun name generator too!

http://fantasy.namegeneratorfun.com/

I got "
    Your fantasy name is Aurora Splendidsea of the Night Moor

Green Reef Singer (viridans dorsum)
    Has brown hair and a vivid green tail. The hair and dorsal fin offer good disguise in weed beds.
    Found largely in the tropical coral reefs, the dorsum is fond of beautiful environments and makes a pleasant home for itself on the underwater cliffs that border the reef beds.

It described me down to the ground, even the dark hair and chocolate skin. I'm writing a book at the moment about a Mermaid called Oasisa.

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    This is really accurate for me! freaky!

Gold Estuary Dancer

(flavens fretum)
    Gold coloured with similar variegation between individuals as is seen in coy carp. Flaxen-haired with pale, orange-gold skin.
    One of the few freshwater varieties, the fretum travels inland for short journeys to hunt freshwater fish, being particularly fond of salmon.
    Note: Romantic and graceful, this subspecies is truly a ballerina of the oceans.

Plankton Bering Singer
    (maena boreas)
    The eerily beautiful maena is semi-transparent and glows from within, like the plankton it feeds on.
    The Bering Strait is noted for its unique environmental and evolutionary effects on some subspecies. The boreas populates the length of the strait from the shores of Siberia and Alaska to the icy berg-filled north.
    Note: Known for its alluring song, this variety is rarely quiet, luring sailors to their doom
    Haters gonna Hate >:/ , Lovers gonna Love <3, Creepers gonna Creep O_o
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Madeleine".

Pearl Ship Wreck Singer

(margaritum naufragus)

Noted for its milky, pearlescent colouring and rainbow mother-of-pearl scales. The margaritum is a magpie-like subspecies that collects nests of sparkling shells and pearls.
    Often found in the vicinity of ship wrecks, the naufragus is naturally curious and intelligent and likes to explore.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Blue Atlantic Diver

(caeruleus atlantis)

The tail is a deep blue shimmering colour that takes on a jewel-like sparkle when caught in sunlight. The hair is dark and skin is usually a chocolate brown though some variation has been seen.
    A rare, shy subspecies. Due to the encroachment of man, now found only in selected parts of the Atlantic.
    Note: This diving subspecies is a solitary creature, taking time alone in the deep.

Yep... Sounds a lot like me
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+