Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This May Be Personal, But What's The Most You Mers Would Consider Spending On A Tail?

As I don't have any budget and I'm a seamstress I make my own tails. Except for the 2 monofins I have (a blue wave Finis and a white sport Leaderfin) my tails cost me about 10/15 euro each on materials.

the most i would see myself spending on a tail...realistically...is under 2 grand. just because i can't afford it in this point in my life. i have 3 picked out that are 1,000 each. and i own 2 that were under a grand, and have 2 more designed. so....when i aim to end with a half dozen tails.....they can't all be outrageously priced. it depends on what you're buying, because obviously you wouldnt spend 600 on a fabric tail, but for those of us who only do realistic tails, 600 is a totally normal nice price to drop.

Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidIvy's Avatar
    I would see myself spending 500$ on a tail at this point, but when i'm older, in my twenties, thirties or so, I would def spend a thousand

ive spent $345 on my tail, and its my first. its a latex and neoprene tail from fish butts, and im super excited about it.
    down the line, once i have the money and have been mermaiding in a tail for a while, i plan to buy a tail from raven, and will end up spending about $1000, which is awesome to me, i feel like id be stealing it from her because of the incredible quality of her tails.