Thread: Mertailor Eco Tail or Mermaid Kat Shop tail ?

Follow Daisea On Twitter
    Visit Daisea's Youtube Channel

Mertailor Eco Tail or Mermaid Kat Shop tail ?

Hello hello everyone ! This is my first post ever on this forum (even though I've been hanging out there for like a year), happy to meet y'all !

So I have been more and more involved in the process of getting a fabric tail for summer (cuz hey, budget) and after months of debating every single tail possible, I've come to two choices !

1) The Mertailor Eco Tail (in Lorelei Green) :
    Name:  2a4fc64014169dfce17e0cc0f2a069cf.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  102.2 KB
    Or 2) The Mermaid Kat Shop's new fabric tails :
    Name:  1V4A1803.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  318.8 KB

I know what you are going to think, "Daisea, these are sooo different, what are you looking for exactly ?", and the thing is I have been hesitating between the two for weeks now ! I keep watching videos of the two on repeat, and sometimes I feel like I know which one to choose, but the next second I'm hesitating again !
    I love both looks even though the Eco one is tiny compared to the other one... And I've been swimming in a Triton monofin for nearly 7 years now so I'm quite used to the power of it. And if anyone is wondering, no, the bulge at the ankles doesn't bother me at all.

So what do you think ? What are your personal perferences and why ? Maybe your opinion will help me ! Thank you so much for reading me !

I am having a mermaid kat tail (blue) and it is good for swimming.
    The colors of my tail look far better in the water than on land (darker blue; the scratches are not as visible as before) and I like the monofin (I am having size 43).
    Since last year the shop has a new shape which I am not sure if it fits your old monofin (probably not but you can ask them if they have an old fabric for you - the old variant is more straight at the end like your old monofin so you may reuse it). The old shape and the new shape does not feel a lot different to me but the new shape looks better. I'll send you a link to an image from me as it may help.

I cannot say anything about the other one. Sorry - maybe another person is here who was one of them. The Mertailer seems to be more colorful so you may do better photos (except the strange line in the image at the end of the tail before the fluke begins -> color mismatch of the scales). As I said - maybe somebody can answer this question better.

Depending on what you expect from your tail you have to do the decision:
    * If you want to use it mainly for swimming/diving you need to get a tail with a good monofin inside
    * If you prefer taking photos, the scale pattern may be more important

Both together usually comes with the expensive tails.
    Last edited by fabianfrz; 05-25-2017 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling fix

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Isn't Kat based in Germany? Shipping is probably cheaper to France than Florida. If you're used to a bigger fin, I think that's the way to go. Happy swimming!

Yes it is (Hannover)

Follow Daisea On Twitter
    Thanks for the answers ! I was desperately looking for more reviews on both tails, and I'm a little bit more convinced by the Kat one now !
    And I'm living riiiight next to Germany, it's literally a stone's throw away, but shipping from the german version of Kat's website was more expensive than from the UK version... Maybe I'll order from the UK website then

I have not read many Eco tails reviews for now, we shall see if any Eco mermaid stumbles across this thread

I'm hoping to get an Eco tail at some point but here's my thoughts on the Kat.
    It's a really strong tail and the shape of the monofin is lovely, though if you have the old style it miiiight not fit inside. I'm sort of displeased about how wide the ankles are and how my ankles are apart so there is a bit of drag between my legs. I do like the design though and it looks super pretty in the water!
    Idk if you've seen my review or not yet but here it is: Mermaid Kat Mermaid Tails: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OmdKXPgO9vlBo8

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Follow Daisea On Twitter
    Hey Faith, thanks for your answer ! Yes indeed I saw your review and your swimming video, and it's absolutely lovely ! I must say your first swim in it was the reason why I fell in love with the tail, haha
    Well that's true, the "original" Triton won't fit into the new Kat tail because it is made for the shape she designed herself, but that's not a problem. I'll get the Mermaid Kat Monofin with it (probs the Hydra), moreover my own monofin is getting old now... But thanks so much for your answer and keep on doing such cool videos, I love them !

if you already have a Hydra, you only need en tailskin from Kat as they use Hydra (big footsize) and Triton (small footsize)

Hai!
    As a proud mer owner of a Mertailor Eco tail Eco tail (in Lorelei Green ! Lol)
    I must say that the Aquarius monofin does have a kick to it. I've never swam in a competitor (basically a big monofin) before , so this could just be me ;-;
    The Eco tails look AMAZING underwater , and the scales pop like crazy! The fabric is basically swimsuit material and its super warm and comfy!
    One think worth mentioning is that all new 2017 Eco tails have a zipper along the side of the tails , so that makes removing the monofin a heck of a lot easier.
    Also , sometimes the "Aquarius" logo and 2 design stripes on the monofin are super noticeable. A bad downside to the Eco tails is that since there are no drainage holes in the fluke or on the tail , the tail will bubble. It's kinda funny , but not when trying to get in the tail or doing tricks like fluke slaps.
    Overall the bubbling is the worse thing about any eco tails , but if you don't mind the occasional bubble or two the Eco tail is a wonderful tail for water or land!

I LOVE my eco tail!! Mertailor did an AMAZING job with the fabric design!! I do WISH it wasn't with a finis aquarius. This monofin is just far too fragile. It's not mertailor's fault though, their skin is FLAWLESS, but the monofin can't keep up with regular use, and is far too sharp as well.

Follow Daisea On Twitter
    Thanks for your comments ! :3
    I can't stop thinking about getting that tail but everytime I seem to have made a choice between the two, I turn back to the other tail and start hesitating all over again. MAKE IT STAWP ;w;
    But the more I read about Eco tails, the more I think they might not be what I'm looking for... I LOVE the look of it but the monofin bothers me... A lot of people complain about the strap coming off and some also said that the foot pockets unglued themselves from the fin. Also let's be honest, I'm confronting the Hydra and the Aquarius, it's just not the same thing at all !
    So I might go with the Kat tail after all... Plus, shipping fees from the USA cost a fortune. Amazon said it'd be 100$. Not worth it. :/

Hello Daisea,

I have done a review on both and actually have discount codes for Mertailor AND Mermaid Kat!

Not sure if you have already purchased but would love some feedback to see if we share the same opinion about the two tails.

Mermaid Kat Discount code: MOLLY05 (5% discount)

Mertailor Eco Tails Discount code: Molly10 (10% discount)

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 10.00.06 AM.png
Views: 314
Size:  597.8 KB

Let me know if these reviews are helpful!
    EverythingMermaid.com

[IMG]file:///Users/mollyknye/Downloads/ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif[/IMG]