---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!
    *I've been collecting (mostly vintage) fashion dolls since I was a kid! Here are some pics of my girls:

*I am a BIG Disney fan, and I like to collect different prints of Disney animated features, especially old VHS tapes from thrift stores.

Yep, I own several copies of Alice In Wonderland!
    *I LOVE Disneyland, and wish I could go there more often! Even though, yes, I am aware that are really just people in costumes, I love to collect Disney character pictures and autographs!

*Like my Lady Gaga shirt? I am such a Little Sea Monster!

*Notice my nifty Captain EO T-shirt? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Michael Jackson!
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Wow, I can't believe how ambitious everyone is here! Those are some really great college/Uni courses!
    I'm Michelle, 28 and I'm a full time carer for my husband. Before he became ill I left high school and did 1 year at college, studying Animal Care but after the year I realised it wasn't what I wanted to do, to be honest, I've never had a clue as to what I wanted to do for a living, so I just had a waitress job, hairdressing job, a few shop jobs, trying different things to see if anything 'fit' lol but then my husband's health deteriorated and I left work to care for him full time Hopefully one day he'll be better and maybe I can continue my search of the perfect career

@Jesse: Interesting. We're just down the road in Lexington.

Alveric

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Artisankatie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nirix5 View Post
    Ooooh, heraldry. I touch on that a little bit in my thesis (representation of textiles in tomb effigies from the high middle ages. Yikes, that soundbite needs work), mainly in the context of heraldic symbols on tombs to identify the family/owner for memorial purposes.

Oh dude, don't get me going on steampunk. I love the idea of it, but I'm so sick of sepia toned everything (and raggedy skirts and corsets! Why are they always raggedy?

I'm a Latinist by trade, although I dabble in Greek sometimes. But I'm going to go crazy here and be on TEAM CARTHAGE! Woo!
    My absolute favourite effigy is Maud Foxley! I've been planning a dress like hers for like 3 years now, lol.

Ohhh, the raggedy.... and the sepia... gah! Most of the steampunk girls here tend to look like try-hard gothic lolita girls. The guys do a great job (I've seen some fantastic explorers and inventors and such), but the girls are always so cookie-cutter-OMG-I'M-WEARING-A-CORSET. My dress is a sky blue and ivory 1880s ensemble, right down to my underwear :P (though my corset is purple.. but it goes UNDER the clothes, haha)

Steampunk Poison Ivy?! That sounds AWESOME! This I have to see!

I studied Latin all through my BA I loved it! I did a little Ancient Greek, but the whole definite article thing got under my skin and made Latin look comparitively easy... and the whole throaty sucking and spitting thing... Latin is so clean and neat

WHOA! TEAM CARTHAGE?! Crazy talk!

I make films. Currently studying at Stanford.
    I just finished a competition piece. Please please vote for it.

https://apps.facebook.com/offerpop/C...d=v2859&rest=1

-Lulu

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    My real name is Esther. I work at a shipyard, drawing construction plans, foundation for various items on board of big working ships and I'm the system manager for the drawing program we use. I'm also schooled in carpentry and do all my house fixings myself or with help of my dad.
    I draw alot in my free time, when ever I find some. I make costumes for LARP events and I started with belly dancing. I play D&D with my friends where I'm never a human, I'm stuck in a human body my whole life, why would I play one in a game that has lots of different races to play.
    I play various MMO's and RPG games on my pc and I'm a big fan of Star Wars.
    Your imagination is your only limit

My real name is Nathalie. As I'm disabled I'm not aloud to work (so no money for me as I live together with a friend ). I do have a lot of hobbies beside being a mermaid. I make cosplay (costumes) for me and my friends and sometimes on commission for others. I also make outfit for Ball Joint Dolls (my own doll, friends dolls, commissions and to sell them). I do face-painting at kids parties and sometime theater. And I make stuff to sell at conventions and events (most of them are also on my site ).

Member Euro Pod Kitty-Madison Snel's Avatar
    Whem I'm not Kitty Mermaid, I'm a mindfulnesstrainer, and I work as a volunteer in South Kennemerland National Parc. But I'm also a technician: electricity, powerlines, making creative things from wood, metals, and plastics - so it is not strange that I'm interested in FX en prosthetics.

I live in the Netherlands, Europe. My home is only a step away from the North Sea. In my off time writing is a passion, or walking in nature or on the beach. I'm also a musician and composer (keyboards, synth, piano). But I'm also a environmentalist. My company is real green: I've no car, so I travel with my reclining bicycle.

When I'm not Raayvhen, I'm Jeni and I'm just a 20 year old bumming around life. I pole dance, I belly dance, I make music. I also make jewelery. In the near future when everything is set up, I'll also be known as Avarice in the modeling world. I should have my Model Mayhem up today and then I'm planning on doing a shoot for my Suicide Girls application.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I'm also almost 18 so I'm in hs right now but work as a nanny.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    0.0 I want to take some of those courses!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Oh, Man, Kae!!! Those are some SUPER awesome disney pictures!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

When I'm not Ayla, I'm Jessica. At work I'm known as Jingle Bells.

Im a part time carriage driver, picking up open spots on weekends. When I'm not driving horses, I'm working for the same company doing side projects. Construction, repair, cleanup, ground work.

I used to work on a tour boat, but they stopped scheduling me and have been very rude when I try to contact them. They avoid me at all costs. So I guess I don't work there anymore.

In my free time I like to go down to the lake and walk around and pretend to be a tourist. There's so much to do and see here, I love watching big thousand foot ships come in and out of the canal.

I make etched glass when I'm bored and I sell them. I haven't sold many, people are really trying hard to save money right now.

Recently I've been very productive with my mermaiding career. I purchased a raven tail, and while I wait for it I've hired a graphic designer to make me a logo, I have a fellow mer helping me construct a website, and I'm discussing plastic business card options with a sales representative from plastic printers.

Other than that, I'm a full time mom to a 9 month old Pomeranian with seperation issues. The little guy follows me EVERYWHERE, even climbing over the fence to follow me to the bus stop. Yup. Being a mom is a lot of work.

Kay, so. My real name is Jacey Dot, I live in northern Utah, and yes, I am a Mormon.

When I was growing up I would spend every summer in WA with my Grandma, and she used to send my and my brother to swimming lessons. Not surprising, then, when I decided to join the swim team in High school. My favorite stroke is also the most difficult; Butterfly.
    I love costuming and design, as well as cosplay and LARP. In fact, I met my husband at a Belegarth event in 2010. I'm a Libra, I read cards (not tarot or anything similar, my mom taught me something different), love haunted houses (having lived in them my whole life), and currently spend WAY too much time on the computer.

I studied multimedia design for a little while at OWATC, with an emphasis in website design, but decided that wasn't really my style. I've worked at several places since I graduated from HS, starting with a seasonal halloween store, then IHOP, then Journeys, and my most recent job was in the bakery at Maverik. I'm currently waiting for my son to hurry up and get born so I can see how well being a stay-at-home mom will work for me.

I hope to eventually go up to Weber State University for some training in costume design so that I can improve the quality of the costumes I make for people. I'm hoping to impress the professor with a swimmable/walkable mermaid tail design.

I also should warn you that I love all things Buffy, and recently I inherited my brother's Charmed collection, of which I am currently in season 6.

One thing I'm proud of is that I don't ever judge people, and I'm always trying to show love in everything I do, no matter who I'm with.
    One thing I'm embarassed by is that I can be very very lazy when I'm at home. Which is all the time right now.
    Mermaid Dottie

In the human world my name is Ashley.

I'm mostly a University student right now, and I'm majoring in Studio Art and minoring in Psychology (although those two might get flipped around soon - I guess I'll see after my Behavioral Psychology class). My teacher recommended that I consider becoming an art therapist, but I really have no idea what I want to do! All I know is I want to help people...but that leaves so many options open O.o

Unfortunately my search for a job hasn't really taken off yet. Mostly I've been working in childcare and pet-sitting. I need to get looking if I want to work this fall! I would really like to move out and live on my own...I am 20 years old after all.

In my spare time I have about a million projects going: making miniature food and other products for my Etsy shop (and for me,) finishing my heirloom barbie dollhouse that I started renovating, finishing my real house that I will be renting from my aunt, making my mermaid tops, making jewelry, fixing clothes, growing my hair out, making a new monofin, etc, etc, etc... I also like to read mysteries and ghost stories, watch tv shows about the same thing, or cartoons, cook new foods, and other stuff....I love singing, and was a choir girl for 4 years in high school - thinking of doing a choir again.

By the way, Melbel1023, how's SCAD treating you? I wanted to go to that school SOOO bad...

My name is going to stay a secret, although if I've friended you on Facebook you know what it is. ;-)

I'm an elementary school teacher who just got her first job in the Kindergarten, and I'm very excited to be teaching! My first choice of grade would be 5th grade, but since I aided for a year in Kindergarten I feel I can pull it off well.

I love Ren Faires with the Order of the Azure Rose here. I'm into Lolita fashion, although I only really wear it at meet ups. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm still searching for true love, and I absolutely believe in it. I'm pretty much an open book about a lot of things (which sometimes ends up with me looking mean because I speak my mind, but most times I say it and then let go or apologize later), and unfortunately gullible when it comes to practical jokes. XD I love using smilies. I love shows like Ghost Whisperer and Sanctuary. I haven't grown an inch since sixth grade (age 12), although my weight has definitely fluctuated. I love bloopers in shows. I like to embroider and crochet. I am a compulsive refresher. I have social anxiety. I've never been out of the country. I float. I'm the eldest of 6 kids. I got a 32 on the ACT. My favorite thing in the whole world is to laugh. My mer-goal is to someday swim with Raina.

There's some random stuff about me! ;-P

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Redacted
    Last edited by Nykur; 01-31-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Wait, so you study english? Wow, you're ambitious! It's supposed to be one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn.
    Mermaid Dottie

My human name is Cat...I'm from California, residing the majority of my adult life in Upstate NY near the Candian border. By near, I mean 3 exits away. I have 2 children ages 3 and 7. I have so far only an Associates of Science in the humanities sciences...because I was aspiring to get a Master's or higher specializing in axis 2 disorders...but along the way I had a tattoo machine thrown in my hand, and after much kicking and screaming I went along with it, and haven't stopped since that first one. I was a 4.0 student after the first semester reacclimiating to school after so many years out of it, but have decided to go on education hiatus again to spend more time enjoying my time and focusing on work. I had too many years sleeping 2 hours a night and juggling being a single mom, student, and full time emplyed with 2 jobs at a time. Oh! Speaking of...no longer single mom here, I got married in Niagara Falls this February. I've been a mermaid since i was my daughters age at least...but I finally got the nerve to spend the thousands I have this year making that dream a reality.