Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I'm really not much of a youtuber. I'm awkward when I'm trying to talk to a camera and I don't have any decent equipment. Plus I live with birds that are louder than me so... I guess I'll just tell you about my thoughts here!

Keep in mind that I haven't swam in it yet. The weather is awful and I really don't feel like making myself sick. Anyways;
    >The package is pretty big, about the same size as the box my finis foil was shipped in. If you've ever ordered a monofin before, expect the box to be about the same size.
    >The fluke is huge. Just one of the fins is the same length as my arm.
    >The print is absolutely gorgeous, however it doesn't line up properly all the way up the seam. I'm not too bothered about it, but I know some people might be so it's worth pointing out.
    >It wasn't easy to put on and I doubt it will be as easy to take off if you need to remove the tail when you're in the water. The only zipper is on the fluke for inserting the monofin, so don't expect the same quick-release of a finfun fabric tail.
    >There are two sheets of flexible plastic inside the fluke for holding your monofin in place and keeping the shape of the fluke. It was tricky figuring out how to properly inserting my monofin, and they didn't include any instructions for that.
    >The fluke is heavier than I was expecting. I doubt it's as heavy as silicone but I had trouble lifting my feet with it on.
    >New neoprene smells funny, lol.
    >The fluke will have creases in it when it first arrives. They have to fold it, plastic casing and all in order for it to ship. Fortunately the plastic they used for the monofin casing is very flexible and the creases will be gone if you let it lay out for a few hours. Finfolk did give instructions for this part.
    How do u put the mono fin in it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAuquita1998 View Post
    How do u put the mono fin in it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Trial-and-error plus determination. I sandwiched mine between their two sheets of plastic but I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not sure I did it right. =/
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    ITS SO PRETTY

I'm so excited for mine, it just sucks it'll take a week to do so :/

Remember my friend Jen from my video? WELL HERE'S HER AWESOME UNBOXING/REVIEW/TUTORIAL!!! I'm legit almost crying its such a beautiful tail!
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Okay, so it's good to know that I have my foil in right. I got a slip of paper with my tail saying something about plastic screw covers but I have no idea what it's referring to.

I've seen some of the live unboxing videos on the PodSquad Facebook page and they look awesome. I'm waiting for my notification myself (I bought the Starcrossed Silver) and I'll post pictures it arrives

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

By the way, I feel I should point out that the tails have white zippers, despite the fact that most of them have dark accents. It isn't very noticeable, but a few people have been disappointed by it so I'm gonna give a heads up about it here.

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Could anyone tell me how much the tails weigh? I think I might get one in the next batch but I’m worried about shipping cost to Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post
    Could anyone tell me how much the tails weigh? I think I might get one in the next batch but I’m worried about shipping cost to Australia

I don't own a scale so I can't check the weight for you, but according to AU mers in the Podsquad, they ended up paying $84 for shipping.

On another note, Mermaid Sarandipity made a video about the monofin casing in her tail. Hers was in backwards and she had to take it out and flip it, which allows you to see the whole thing.

(She also asked that I share her website. https://themindfulmermaid.net/ )

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    All the unboxing and swimming videos are making me so jealous and excited. <3

All so pretty

Follow Dogfish On Twitter
    Visit Dogfish's Youtube Channel Visit Dogfish's Vimeo Channel
    I freaking love these tails. Can't wait to see more from them!

I have no idea whether it's been said here before, but just in case: THE MAHINA DOES *NOT* FIT IN FINFOLK'S FABRIC TAILS.

Does anyone know whether the Hydra fits?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

I guess I'm not to bothered by the Mahina not fitting. My foil is growing on me, even though I haven't had a chance to use it yet. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    I have no idea whether it's been said here before, but just in case: THE MAHINA DOES *NOT* FIT IN FINFOLK'S FABRIC TAILS.

Does anyone know whether the Hydra fits?

If they say that it's fit a Rapid, then it will fit a Hydra as they are the same size
    Name:  mono 05+06c.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  457.4 KB
    With is an Hydra and black is a Rapid

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Fenicia View Post
    If they say that it's fit a Rapid, then it will fit a Hydra as they are the same size
    Name:  mono 05+06c.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  457.4 KB
    With is an Hydra and black is a Rapid
    Oooh great news! Thank you for that comparison pic!

Did I hear that it would fit a cut Competitor? I have one and haven’t been able to make/find a tailskin that I like.

Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    Did I hear that it would fit a cut Competitor? I have one and haven’t been able to make/find a tailskin that I like.

Depending on how it's cut, a competitor could definitely fit. No idea how much cutting it would need, though.

Here is my unboxing video of the Shoal Green tail!!!

www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Are they restocking in February? Hopefully they will do a dark red or green in the sea nymph fluke.
    Last edited by Khaleesi Daenerys; 01-06-2018 at 08:43 PM.

So I wanted to let you all know that the Mahina Monofin does fit in the Finfolk fabric tail - at least it fits in the Sea Nymph fluke.

Name:  Finfolk with a Mahina.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  257.0 KB

Here is my video talking about how I got the Mahina Monofin to fit:

www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus