Thread: What to do in your tail for fun?

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook

What to do in your tail for fun?

Ello guys! Its been a few months, but i'm back to the Mernetwork forums and back into mermaiding!

Currently, any pools within a 24 mile range do not allow mermaiding, which really sucks! the only places I can find are springs and places 40-50 minutes away.

So with that in mind, I have a question: What is there to do for fun in your tail if ya don't have water to swim in..? xD
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

Follow Dogfish On Twitter
    Visit Dogfish's Youtube Channel Visit Dogfish's Vimeo Channel
    Not a lot I suppose, as swimming is obviously a big part of mermaiding! But that said I don't always get the chance to swim. My local pool lets me wear a monofin but nothing fancy. Though a local waterpark lets me wear a tail, it's not always feasible or realistic.

Could always wear it in the bath? I find that fun haha especially with bathbombs and sparkly water. Self indulgent but eh. Photoshoots can be fun too and creative if you want to feel mermaidy, I've definitely done some of those for fun with friends, and you don't need water

As I do face-painting at events and parties I often asked to be a mermaid instead of a princess. I also visit conventions dressed as a mermaid (Coco, Ariel, Misty and soon Sonico).

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    When you are at the beach, see if your mere presence creates a commotion, and then pose for pictures.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.31.26 PM.png
Views: 266
Size:  555.7 KB
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

I absolutely love that photo, Storm.

I only get to swim about twice a year, usually at a meetup of some sort. As such, I have to keep the love alive somehow :P

As I have fabric tails, wearing them in the bath would distort the spandex (unless I took a cold bath, which would defeat the purpose of relaxation).

I’ve watched mermaid shows in them, done far too many photoshoots on my floor, developed a new look for my mersona, styled my outfit for swims, all kinds of things. Sometimes it’s just fun to put it on and see if you can move around like a seal

Sure, I haven’t been to a beach in years and I can barely swim as it is, but it’s less of what you’ve got and more of what you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, since it’s winter here and I don’t have nearly as much of an opportunity to swim. Last night I was going through some sort of withdrawals because I haven’t gone mermaiding in quite a while, so I filled my bathtub with cold water and just sat in there with my tail for some time. It feels nice to look down and see scales instead of legs.
    Maybe I can give myself (and my sister if she’s into it) mermaid makeovers. I’m not any good at makeup, but she knows the basics, and I can do hair. We have lots of shells that we could use for jewelry and accessories, too. It also might be fun to wear it while I’m doing mer-themed crafts, which I do fairly frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel
    i live in such a crappy area i only get to go to the pool 1-7 times each summer and i got to the ocean last year althogh it wasnt my first time i went as baby to young to remember but i might get to see the ocean again next year and i was visiting family and i was exited to show them my tail but i left it like 10 hr away like at home so this year im going to make sure i bring it and not accidentally leave it they even told me they have a mer freind so that was cool

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I have thought of putting on my tail and strumming my lyre harp!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Would it be possible to visit a park? Bring small activities and just hang out? Think ambiance stuff. You might need a permit though, now that I'm really thinking about it....
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

I am landlocked. nowhere near natural water. Even the grimy lake is over an hour away. All the local pools have banned monofins and mermaid tails.
    What do I do for fun in my tail?
    I cannot do anything.
    I can sit on my bedroom floor or in the bathtub in my tail and stare at it and cry.
    Mainly I just hang it on the wall and just look at it for long periods of time.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Imbrielle, it really pains me to hear all that. The struggle is real, you are not alone.

Sometimes, when problems like this come up, you have to take out the Big Hammer and squish them. The Big Hammer consists of time, effort, and money; and far more of all of them than anyone would normally be willing to expend. Some ideas:
    What natural water is available with a two or three hour drive? Or a hike? Yes, it's a pain, but at least you can swim once in awhile.
    Is there a cheap hotel nearby that has a pool? Rent a room for a night, use it just for changing and showering. Ive never had a hotel complain about a tail.
    Many public pools that ban tails will un-ban them if you rent the pool for a "special occasion". Some will let you rent just half the pool. If you do this, invite the pool managers to come see just what this tail thing is all about. With some very gentle, caring discussion, you may be able to get them to allow tails with conditions (like, only for lane swimming, only if the pool is not crowded, and only if you are not a child.)
    Does the public pool allow bi-fins? You can still dolphin kick with bi-fins. At least that lets you practice your stroke, and give you the sensation of tail swimming.
    Join a health club that has a pool. Working out is a good thing to do in any case.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    Imbrielle, it really pains me to hear all that. The struggle is real, you are not alone.

Sometimes, when problems like this come up, you have to take out the Big Hammer and squish them. The Big Hammer consists of time, effort, and money; and far more of all of them than anyone would normally be willing to expend. Some ideas:
    What natural water is available with a two or three hour drive? Or a hike? Yes, it's a pain, but at least you can swim once in awhile.
    Is there a cheap hotel nearby that has a pool? Rent a room for a night, use it just for changing and showering. Ive never had a hotel complain about a tail.
    Many public pools that ban tails will un-ban them if you rent the pool for a "special occasion". Some will let you rent just half the pool. If you do this, invite the pool managers to come see just what this tail thing is all about. With some very gentle, caring discussion, you may be able to get them to allow tails with conditions (like, only for lane swimming, only if the pool is not crowded, and only if you are not a child.)
    Does the public pool allow bi-fins? You can still dolphin kick with bi-fins. At least that lets you practice your stroke, and give you the sensation of tail swimming.
    Join a health club that has a pool. Working out is a good thing to do in any case.
    Unfortunately its cold most of the year for outside, the pools will not allow any outside pool items at all and worstly, we have very little money and live paycheck to paycheck, hand to mouth. Just cannot afford extra gas to drive out, or hotel fare. I have been working my tail off super hard for a promotion at work. Unless they will give it to me, I do not see the situation changing anytime soon

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Things to do in a tail...
    Read a book
    Surf the net
    Write
    Sew
    Beading
    Make yer mer bra
    Design new tails
    Drawing
    Play with phone
    Netflix
    Formerly known as ireneho

I feel the pain with most as I only get a couple chances a year to swim in my tail, it's been several months since I did a swim. Although, I did finally get a chance to sit down and watch The Little Mermaid and I had to wear my tail while I did that!