Thread: Deciding on wether i should make a silicone tail or buy one.

Deciding on wether i should make a silicone tail or buy one.

Hi im new to the mernetwork, and have been mermaiding for a few years and decided i should get a silicone tail. Im on a budget so trying to decide if i should make one or buy one.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    If you have that artistic push, I'd say make your own silicone tail. It's not cheap but it's cheaper than buying a high-end silicone tail. That's what I ended up doing since I didn't have enough sand dollars to buy a silicone tail, I made one myself! It was a long process but lots of fun
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Ok thank you so much for the feedback!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    There are incredible yt tutorials many done by our talented mernetwork folks!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

If you make one film it! It’d be cool to have a time laps of what you did

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Making one would be neat. Something that makes your tail extra special to you. If you can do it, go for it. There are so many online resources

As I have some special needs to my tail I made mine. It's made out of dragonskin silicone and is very light as I made my scales very thin. I also use lycra instead of powermess as the scales were very see-through because they are so thin. you can find pics om e making it here: https://mermaid-fenicia.blogspot.com...maid-tail.html

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    As someone who makes her own fabric tails, and own a couple of Fin Fun, Sun Tail and Magictail skins, I can say for sure, make your own silicone tail. Its strange but I find I have more fun in a homemade tail than a pre-made one. I think it is because no one else has one exactly like it. It is original and unique!
    Formerly known as ireneho