Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
Ok so I’m gonna be the devils advocate in this thread I don’t want to argue just want to state my opinion!

The little mermaid animated movie is a big part of how I survived a mentally and emotionally abusive and neglected child hood! It help me deal with many tramas!

As such I’ve been looking forward to seeing her on screen with a real actress ever since I was a child and have alway pictured her looking similar to the cartoon witch is what is supposed to happen when you are recreating the cartoon! Every little mermaid movie that has come out since I’ve been disappointed because they didn’t have the songs they didn’t have the setting! And there have been rumors for years about the little mermaid being made real with the same music and everything from the cartoon! So the excitement has been building for years and then to be slapped in the face by we are going to change the main character of the film witch also has down stream effects of changeing all her family and most likely the prince as well! And the iconic music will be changed! So it won’t be what we’ve been hopeing to see for years! It will be something completely different! And now since they claim it as the live action remake! We will have to wait years more to get them to remake it closer to the cartoon if they even ever do! I think it’s awesome that Disney is trying new stuff just don’t do it with a classic that has had expectations and hopes and dreams for years! Make a new empowering story something that can stand on its own with out needing a crutch from an existing story!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

White skinned Ariel has appeared on tv, on broadway, at disney parks, on cruise ships, and on ice. Trust me when I tell you: You'll live if she's Black, once.