Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mer-meet 2013

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ^^Good point!
    Myself, I was planning on getting there on the 8th, and on the 9th and 10th, to spend the whole day inside coz the entry fee is hefty
    Because of the distance, I'll have to stay a few days anyway.
    We can of course set a time for the meet itself; maybe sometime around noon, so we have the whole afternoon?

ps. Glad to hear you got your tail, I hope you like it

Best is in the morning, as we'll have more time together

Junior Member Euro Pod Sishakir's Avatar
    Well, in fact, I have to admit that their pricing still confuses me is it 35€ and just the 20€ for the night for each day after the first one or how does this work?
    My mom just told me that she doesn't want to drive there just for one day, so we'll stay for two days, too but I am not entirely sure if we'll be there on friday or until sunday ^^

yeah, I'm really happy with my tail,caltuna..I still would have prefered a neoprene one but it is worth every euro I spent for it - my mom is just thinking about getting herself a magictail, too since she saw mine. I am currently working on some hair clips and so on..I hope, everything will be finished until November. How about the tail you wanted to make? Is it finished already? (Sorry if there is a thread about this, I don't have the time to look through the whole forum due to the full time job I have until September)

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Hm, not completely sure how the pricing works either, but if you book lodgings in the complex, you can stay at the beach/lagoon/whatever during the night, which is certainly cool.

Try to get your mother a tail, it's so much more fun to mermaid together!
    I wish my mother would get one, but she's afraid I'd make her perform in my team as soon as she has one

Oh and yea, I made a dozen tails already, and have plans for a bunch more too lol.
    I tend to slightly overdo things

Yeah, the first thing I was excited about when I read on their homepage was the question how the evening/night would be

I am trying to convince my mom about getting her a tail but I'll have to wait until the weather gets warmer again to let her try mine in our pool.

well, so we're going to tropical island on that werkend, I guess?
    Last edited by Sishakir; 08-14-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    yup, guess so.
    Gather around noon at the 100m beach?

I've no idea about the dimensions, but I guess we'll spot each other if we're in our tails

The hall seems to be really, really big - I hope, I won't get lost *prints the map*
    After this weekend or maybe on sunday already, my mom and I will book stuff. Maybe we'll bring my sidter and her boyfried with us,too but they will mostly do their own stuff, I guess. ^^
    so we'll meet at saturday, right?
    My sister and I want to arrive in the morning but I don't know if we can convince our mom to drive at night
    I am so excited... A "beach" in November, pretty rooms, a lot of mermaids to meet... x.x

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sishakir View Post
    The hall seems to be really, really big - I hope, I won't get lost *prints the map*
    I just hope the beach/water isn't so thronged with people we won't be able to see each other
    And that we don't get there, pull out our tails, and then some industrious guard comes over and forbids it

I wish I could go, but travel costs would be just a bit to expensive, lol. Have fun!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

I will tell them about what we're about to do when I phone them for reservation etc. As long as we don't hurt anyone with the fluke, it shouldn't be much of a problem, I guess.
    Well, I hope it won't we that full...I don't like having about half Germany around me o.O

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Well, one never knows. Don't say too much at any rate!
    They shouldn't have anything against (bathing suit) fabric tails.
    I'll pack one of these, just to be safe.
    Well, I hope it won't we that full...I don't like having about half Germany around me o.O
    Hah! Seconded.
    While it sucked missing the entire 6 weeks that were a record high in temperature due to a months-long fever, it was probably best I didn't try to get into an outdoor pool during that time...I can only imagine how bad the traffic must have been, judging from how full it is even on mildly warm days

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid_Dominique's Avatar
    Same story here in the Netherlands, I have to advantage of living near the Belgium border but I hardly went to public pools during the hot weeks. Massive groups of people were all going to the beach and while I love the beach it wasn't worth getting stuck in traffic jams and struggling to find some space.

I have a question for the meeting though, are you supposed to have a swim certificate because I don't have one. I thought myself how to swim :P. I would hate it to turn out as a problem.
    ''There's no great reward without great struggle''

Add Echidna on Facebook
    swim certificate? *headscratch*
    what's that?
    I only know of some dive-centers which require you to be scuba-certified.

And no, you most certainly won't need anything like that lol.
    All the "ocean", the lagoon, and whatever else they have is 1,30m deep or such, suited for children and non-swimmers.
    You'll be fine

When I booked the rooms for my family, I asked if swimming there with a monofin was a problem and they told me that it would be okay.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    I asked if swimming there with a monofin was a problem
    Hehe crafty!

I might leave my monofin at home, and just bring my tail since the water's so shallow there.
    Less hassle carrying and handling a monofin too, just a nicely folded, inconspicuous fabric bundle

Well, any clue about how many of us will be there? I myself am not quite sure about all the people who did not write anything in here for a whole while. I'd just like to know what to expect. ^^"

All depends on my operation and my boyfriend/mertender's work. I hope I know if I can go soon.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid_Dominique's Avatar
    I'm definitely gonna try to join, I don't have a job right now so I have to make wise decisions concerning my money. I would like to say I'm in but it all depends on money, getting a job etc. :/
    ''There's no great reward without great struggle''

Senior Member Euro Pod *Celine*'s Avatar
    I'm really going to try and come, but I'm afraid I can't tell for sure untill 2 weeks before the event because of school and rehearsals.

No chance of me making it this year unfortunately =( I'll likely be stuck in the library writing my dissertation as I'm just starting my final year at university! Bah humbug! lol

Would anyone be interested in a UK based meet next year out of curiosity? =)