Thread: Help me measure my bended legs!

Follow LittlePolly On Twitter Add LittlePolly on Facebook

Help me measure my bended legs!

Can someone help me out with this: I want to measure my legs for my tail but my legs are bent. Here we call it O-legs (O-Been). When I put my feet next to each other (while standing strait up) my knees won't touch. When I put my feet next to each other and I squat a bit my knees will touch and the gab between my legs is gone. Normal legs are like this | | but mine are like this ( ) it's very hard to explain this so I'll try to put a picture with it. I want to make my tail out of neoprene (and maby Slip casting latex with latex thickner) so there won't be much stretch and I don't want to make it to big. I hope someone can help me because I don't want to mess up the tail. (On the picture it's the third pair of legs. First pair = X-Legs. second pair = normal Legs. Third pair = O-Legs) If needed I can make a picture of my own legs that might be clearer.

So I made a picture of my legs. on the first picture when I have my legs straight and the second picture when I squat a bit. (and yes it's really weird trying to make pictures of your legs xD)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    There's actually a technical term for legs like that? Lol, I just always said I was bowlegged. Runs in the family. Those could be my legs in that picture.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Wel in my language there is I don't know about other languages. I found out about it when I was 14 because I was having pain in my knees. We went to the docter but beside operation there is nothing they can do about it because I stoped growing when I was 13 ( I'm 1.60 meter) so special insoles for my shoes won't work to get my legs straight. I have considerd to do the operation ( if I did it I'd be 2 or 3 cm taller) but I have laid so many times in the hospital that I didn't want it. But I didn't know that it runs in the family now I'm thinking about it and we do have lots of family members who do have these legs. My brother had the exact opposite: the X-Legs. He got the special insoles for his shoes when he was 9 and now his legs are straight ( he is almost 13 now and is bigger then me ).

I have the same problem but I never really considered it when making my tail. I would just put your monofin on and lay down. See what your legs naturally do and what is comfortable for them when they have the monofin on and then make your tail in that shape. You don't want to force your legs into any position they won't like.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Yes, what Elena said. Some monofins space your legs out anyway. a rapid will put about 3 inches between your ankles.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Try measuring them with a monofin. If one isn't available go with what is the most comfortable. You also might want to consider how your legs are while swimming (as in observe them while you are swimming mermaid style) to find the best way to measure. Good luck!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

My boyfriend is going to make my monofin so we can form it to my legs thanx you all!!