View Poll Results: What do you think of Raina's tail?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • it sucks, he should of replaced it

66 74.16%
  • it's okay, keep working it till you get something better

10 11.24%
  • I love it!!!

11 12.36%
  • No Opinion

2 2.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mertailor Review

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    So! I just had a lovely chat with my Lawyer Steven about all of this.
    Are any of you aware that "Legal Bully" is actually a term and offence? It's basically when someone does what Eric has been doing to members- threatening legal repercussions on the forum, threatening to sue people who say bad reviews, and threatening to sue people who make tails (poor Jesse- remember that drama?) and does it repeatedly. It's obviously not usually seen in cases of "costume makers" but more typically in family court when parents are trying to gain custody of their kids so they make accusations against each other and it goes back and forth- trying to misuse the legal system.

Libel it turns out (which is what slander is when you publicly publish it like on facebook) is actually an arrestable offence in both USA and Canada and is grounds for me to file a police report that would require facebook release certain informations to the officer that could prove other incriminating things.
    I could easily sue from Canada it turns out as well for a civil suit. And it turns out, with all my evidence including email correspondence with Eric, my tail (as it's own evidence), screenshots of correspondence and comments, I can have a lawyer take me on contingency. I could file a suit for: tail not being what was agreed upon with no refund or , slander AND libel, and if FB sends information to the police- harassment, legal bully, and for punitive damages against my business by attempts to wrongfully damage my reputation. (his only proof Im harassing him and being a cyberbully [which btw applies to CHILDREN] is that I am posting my true review and comments with proof. Anything that I dont know to be 100% sure I always post a disclaimer)

Steven suggested to me that I or lawyer send Eric a letter explaining this requesting libellous comments be removed or I will press charges, or he can keep them up and pay me damages.

I like to give people a chance to correct their mistakes. If eric wishes to re-publish an unbiased link to our review section asking for positive posts instead- that's one thing. I have no problem with him (or his boyfriend) saying "There have been some negative reviews about me being posted here I would appreciate if people would post their responses or their positive reviews" there is no LIE there, no slander, no libel. So if he'd like to replace his comment like that- then he is not responsible if someone causes me trouble. However, according to the links I posted in a previous thread on libel and slander, he is responsible for the actions that take place on his FB page because he is able to delete them, and for those that harass me in his name because of his inability to stop said slander. So, delete the posts and refrain from posting untrue things about me on your professional page, and I will not send a letter, and press charges.

edit: I would like to add, Im not out to ruin your business. As an upset customer Im entitled to make a complaint and warn people to research long and hard. But I'd be a happy person if you stopped all this drama with people like me, Sita, Iona, and mernetwork in general and focused on fixing the issues with tails and making people happy. Because you can. You have a gift and there's no denying you can make it work WHEN YOU WANT TOO. I'm not like other mers youve fought with. my end goal is not to have your business ruined- my end goal is to get you to stop bullying the community! About things like bad reviews, about copying and stealing ideas, and twisting around people's complaints as if they're their own fault. Take responsibilities for your actions, for real this time. Not have someone else do it or write it for you. Then go do good things and make dreams comes true. I would stop watching everything you do if I felt it was safe to do so- but youve all ready caused so many issues I would be an idiot to ignore you because the second I do you pull these things.

I could do a lot WORSE then writing honest reviews with proof. I know an awful lot about you, a lot of your close friends that you've cut off have told me a lot of things too, Ive talked to a LOT of angry customers... but I dont fight dirty. I have a review- I post it in the review section because that's appropriate. I have not and will not post it on my facebook page because that's inappropriate and manipulative of my fans. Do you not see how I could easily have caused you so much more trouble and I have chosen not too because my end goal here is not lets cause mertailor a bunch of trouble! It's, let's show mertailor he can't threaten us for goodness sake!

I dont want to spend the rest of my time as a mermaid fighting Eric the mertailor. I just want you to back off the threats and back off the community if you cant handle it. I was the first person to "forgive" you when you had Linda write an apology and move on long before the other mer. It was dumb on my part since you were lying, but it should still show you how easily it is for me to let go and move on when someone agrees to do the same.
    Last edited by AniaR; 08-18-2011 at 01:29 AM.

I would like everyone to know, after making this post- the comments on Eric's page were deleted. Which was what I asked for. In addition, I was sent a formal apology both on my email, and posted on his page.

Eric and I agreed that it would be better for both of us, as well as the community, if we both made a sincere effort to co-exist peacefully regardless of our difference.

This does not mean I forgive, that I will take down my review, or never ever speak about the mertailor. It means I will work hard to keep things in perspective and post what and when it's appropriate and try hard to keep things unbiased without grudge. As I said in my big giant message above- my main goal here is not to see Eric miserable and out of business- I simply wont tolerate actions toward me or others that are inappropriate. I dont want to spend all my time and energy dis-crediting mertailor, I simply was at a point where the second I let my guard down things like this happened.

I hope Eric has learned from this experience and I hope he continues to learn. I want more mermaids in the world and I dont like spending all my time angry.

I just don't like people's ignorances being exploited- I've posted lots of links now about copyright, slander, and other legal issues that seem to come with mermaiding. I hope people will take the time to learn because this goes with being a professional- and then they can stand up for themselves instead of me.

<3

People are always asking me for before and after pics and unedited pics so I wanted to show some examples.

My original tail- the first time I EVER posed in it

This is before It started degrading- when I first got it. It's still too short in these photos and doesnt cover my butt, waste too big, fluke all floppy and full of air, you can see the fit isnt very well. But you can see the colours were mostly nice- they just faded SUPER fast.

Compared to my most recent photos since Raven fixed it, but I've also been using it a lot so it's worn out

you can see how drastic the difference is but you can also see all the stuff I would normally photoshop out too.

here's a good example of the water bulge/air bulge issue I have- you can see that giant bulge of water in the fluke

I thrown away my money with Mertailor!

You go, girl! I really want a mertailor tail... but now I'm re-thinking it.
    "An elephant never forgets...
    ...So I'm definitely not an elephant."
    -Me
    ♡♡♡Mermaid Kisses♡♡♡

there are so many more issues than what I've posted here. Better up-to-date account here: http://rainamermaid.tumblr.com/post/...from-mertailor

It looks like from reading this thread that this "Mertailor" is someone who did not actually have enough experience building tails, and not enough experience doing business.

If I were to ever become a tail maker I would practice a LOT before making tails for sale. I would only want to put out great work. But that is me.

Raina I am sooo sorry this happened to you. Thank-you for posting this. I was actually thinking of getting a tail from him a few minutes ago... It and happened to soo many other people to. When I read the reviews on his website they all had great thing to say. I guess it was to good to be true. A lot of the reviews say that he made mistakes on the measurements and gladly fixed it. In my opinion they were mistakes that never should have happened. Now I know to never consider spending my money on a tail I may never get or a tail that isn't correctly made from the Mertailor.
    Last edited by Mermaid Cascada; 07-05-2012 at 04:03 PM.

meh, I have a super awesome new tail that's amazing, so Im really not too upset about it anymore. I'm more upset about the amount of my friends who keep getting screwed over and needing to take legal action to get money back, and the amount of people who are STILL having THE SAME complaints I had YEARS ago. The only reason I even keep my review up is because this stuff still happens. If it didnt, I'd gladly take it down.

I dont think everyone who gets a mertailor tail is unhappy, some people could care less if they need to fix things , but people should know just the same what they're getting into. He watches my posts religiously on here and makes responses on his FB, but if people are still showing proof (photos, screencaps etc) then there is still room for improvement.

I think he makes amazing tails and is a wonderful tailmaker but I hope he will pay more attention to his costumers and his work, because I don't know if he realizes that the tails he makes for people are not just tails to them, they are a dream come true. He made a mistakes and hopefully he will learn from them.
    Last edited by Mermaid Cascada; 07-06-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali
    Follow Mermaid Esther On Twitter Add Mermaid Esther on Facebook Add Mermaid Esther on Google+
    That is just UNACCEPTABLE!

it was years ago, I'm over it, just tired of his continued inappropriate behaviour toward members of the community.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali
    Follow Mermaid Esther On Twitter Add Mermaid Esther on Facebook Add Mermaid Esther on Google+
    Yeah, I'm glad you are over it!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali
    Dear Mermaid Raina,
    I am 10 this year and I want to let you know that you are my favorite mermaid. Out of all the mermaids in the world, you are my favorite.You inspire me do to many things. The first tail I ever falled in love with, was yours. One look, and I was in awe. Just having you reply to my reply was a great honor!

Raina, the way handled this situation was so elegant and beyond amazing. You honestly are great. I notice you are honest yet a cool cucumber in a lot of your posts. Its great. Very refreshing dude.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

I purchased a tail from Mertailor as well, I have had it for about 3 years now and have only worn it once. I had the same problems. It took 3 months to long to receive it and when I sent in an inquiry, I received a very rude responce back stating, that it was a busy season and you will get it when we are done with it. The First thing I noticed upon receiving the silicone tail was that it was the WRONG COLOR!!!!!! How does that even happen????? Especially when I spent several hundreds of dollars on merchandise? After trying to contact Eric, I was told pretty much sorry, all sales are final..... So that pretty much puffered my fish..... But, I decided that I could make due with the awful color because I needed it do work for the summer and I didn't have another 5 months. I swam with it once because, all the measurements were completely wrong, the tail did not fit my body despite sending in the appropriate measurements. I was heartbroken. But the thing I was most bothered by the most was that his business was unwilling to fix the mistake. Honestly it was like they made a "mistake tail" and wanted to get rid of it and send it off to someone. You can imagine my disappointment as I spent so much money on it and was really hoping to have my dream become a reality. I am hoping that next time (which will be soon) I truly hope I find someone much more passionate about their customers and merchandise.

Mermaidgirl1987 you can write a review of the Mertailor here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...1227-Mertailor
    Your review can be helpful to give other possible customers insight on exactly what could happen if they order from the Mertailor. Unfortunately this kind of thing keeps happening to people who go with the Mertailor. Some people get very lucky and do get a functional tail from him, but others are not so lucky and have the same or more issues like what you have stated.

If you meet other mers considering buying from him, you can now give them some personal insight on what they can expect. We try to warn new mers about the risk they take when buying from the Mertailor, but we can't reach everyone unfortunately.

I am really sorry you had to go through this. Mernetwork has lots of tailmakers listed to choose from so I am certain you will be able to get your dream tail someday from someone be it Merbellas, Finfolk, Siren Studios, Pearlie Mae, etc.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus