Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any mers in for a meet-up? <3

Any mers in for a meet-up? <3

Hi everyone!

I was thinking.. I'm feeling quite lonely when it comes to my mermaiding and i'm looking for some people of my age to share this hobby with.

So let me introduce me a bit more!

My real name is Anne

I'm from Belguim (province Antwerp)

I'm turning 25 years old this year.

My other hobbies are: collecting stuff, mainly from the little mermaid,and Disney in general.
    I also love to watch movies, I admire Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga.

and sometimes doing a bit of cosplay

Main reason is; I don't have many real friends; It's hard to get in contact with other people becouse of my Asperger Spectrum Syndrome.
    Most people don't even notice, but that's becouse they don't know what it is. :/ and my other 'problem' is I have very bad eyes. I actually have to walk around with a stick for blind people but it's so ashaming so I don't and always go out the house with one of my ârrents near me.

So, If anyone wan't to meet up, please say so!

(OK, this is really a HUGE step for me posting this here, so please no harsh comments )

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Well, we are going to meet this year, whenever I have some money left for fuel I can travel ^_^ I also don't know people who love mermaids here, so I'd love to meet up =D
    As for autism, almost my whole family-in-law has it, so I'm used it. My boyfriend has it slightly. So no excuses, as soon as I have some spare money we can meet up! Maybe mermaid Fenicia could join us? She's form Belgium too ^_^

Oh that's really nice to hear! <3 That's so sweet of you! <3

Ariel, I love to be your friend (I know some more people with Asperger Spectrum Syndrome and I don't mind ) I love to be at a meet. If I can make it (that means if my friend can bring me) I'll bring my extra tails (and maybe some pool-toys) with me

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I'd love to meet other mers, problem is I can't travel far.

I'm frequently ill and don't lead a "normal", sociable life, therefor I don't have many friends
    (I've been told I'm not "fun" to be around, as I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and hate loud smelly places like clubs or pubs ).

Met some nice people at the pool, but none of them are mers and they probably think I'm not right in the head xD

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I would love to meet other mers, and I don't mind traveling by public transportation, so going to Belguim wouldn't be a problem for me. Where I live most people think I'm crazy when I swim in our pool and I only do it when they have adults only nights, cause kids are the worst here. I also would like to have more friends, cause I only have one very good friend.
    Your imagination is your only limit

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Evolet's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Evolet on Facebook
    Hey Ariel.
    I'm from Austria, so thats a bit to travel.
    but i would love to meet other mermaids. here in Austria are only 2 mermaids and 1 merman from what i know =(
    it would be really cool to swim together <3
    Mermaid at Heart <3

*Facebook: www.facebook.com/meerjungfrauevolet
    *Instagram: instagram.com/mermaidevolet

Yeeeeah! Hi! My name is Anni (lol yeah ) I'm 23 years and from South Finland. Although it's south it's still freaking cold.
    I live with these two dudes
    Name:  0c7189f0dfb711e2b7ab22000a1f90e7_6.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  21.7 KB
    Name:  b8bd21ac2dea11e39d5922000ae91047_6.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  22.4 KB
    (he's enjoying the sauna in that one)

And with my "Don't put my pictures to the forum" boyfriend who is also my merwrangler, sometimes unwillingly
    I'm a crazy cat lady, mer-obsessed, like crafts, love 80's hair metal, heart uk and fancy everything little weird and not so normal like tiny doll house furniture and well, mermaiding ;D

It would be nice if we were able to arrange some kind of mer-meet in Europe. It doesn't have to be like right away. If we give it time and plan properly it might work and more people could participate

I love your cats! I have one little kittie I wish I had two too. So I guess Im a "crazy cat lady"too

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Golden Pearl View Post
    So I guess Im a "crazy cat lady"too
    make that three
    I'm owned by 2 norway forest cats.
    The smaller one just won't grow the thick winter coat normal for forest cats, and she loves sitting in the sauna with me lol.

Senior Member Euro Pod *Celine*'s Avatar
    Grazy cat lady number 4 joining in! :-p

Hi, I'm Celine, 24 years old, I live In Ghent, Belgium and I'm considered to be the first professional mermaid in my country.
    I'm in my last year at school and study Musical Theatre at the Royal School of Arts in Brussels.

I'm so psyched about this meet up, it's just too bad we don't have conventions (I would love to meet the tailmakers and everybody else, and we'd have stands with cool merstuff you can buy and more).

hope to meet everybody soon!!!

I know I'm not in this pod, but I'm a crazy cat lady too! I have five outside cats

this is Fuzzball ( my favorite!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    heh all crazy cat ladies.. I have 3 cats. 2 main coons (sisters, one normal, one fat XD ) and one red garfield-like cat.

Meet Gizmo:
    Name:  944157_482842481788061_1795002592_n.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  101.7 KB

Areyn:
    Name:  934790_482841178454858_1509964217_n.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  79.0 KB

Nala:
    Name:  934758_482686868470289_792736380_n.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  54.9 KB

Jessica I just want to pick up Fuzzball and squeeze her and steal her from you
    Maincoons are amazing Marijke

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Wee, I'm also a cat-lady I only have one cat though, he is called Mr Kat
    Name:  i__m_sexy_and_i_know_it_by_fayola-d5bg7sp.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  89.1 KB
    Your imagination is your only limit

Only 1 cat here (and she is from my boyfriend), meet Fluffy:
    Name:  969475_583758141697279_128478571_n.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  69.1 KB

Hum hum... As much as i love cats and kitten, i think we should get back on topic

I will have a talk about this with my friend Claire as soon as possible.
    Like i previously said, it's her idea and i think it's great but it's still a debating project. There is so much to think about.

My tread turned in to a cat picture tread? Haha! Thanks for the sweet comments! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Starfish View Post
    My tread turned in to a cat picture tread? Haha! Thanks for the sweet comments! <3
    Sorry! I think we need to start a "cat crazy mermaid" thread!

Back on topic: I think this could work mers from Belgium, Netherland and Germany?