Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your tops! :)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I make resin lions paws shells and I can leave them undrilled, if you like. PM me!

I use plastic shell that are used to put in shopwindow.

I use real scallop shells and paint them
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    Name:  Shells.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  66.2 KB

Airbrushed silicone

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Looking for some advice...I am less-than-busty. Very much so. As in, I can barely fit an A cup. I have a top that I made (well, okay, kinda. It got left out in the backyard for a long time and is currently covered in dirt...and algae. Oops lol) on a bra that was actually one of my sisters' that got left behind when they moved out. It's small, an A, I believe. It has lions paw shells. Pretty average. But when I swim, water will rush in and it's tiny-boob-a-palooza when the water pulls the top away from my chest. I have it tied up with netting and double knot it and make it tight enough that it actually hurts my neck.
    Any thoughts on how to fix this? Add more stuff around the shells so more of my chest is covered? I never thought having TINY boobs would be a problem. :|
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

Syd, maybe add netting that goes over the center of the top? Like a bandeu top?

Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    Looking for some advice...I am less-than-busty. Very much so. As in, I can barely fit an A cup. I have a top that I made (well, okay, kinda. It got left out in the backyard for a long time and is currently covered in dirt...and algae. Oops lol) on a bra that was actually one of my sisters' that got left behind when they moved out. It's small, an A, I believe. It has lions paw shells. Pretty average. But when I swim, water will rush in and it's tiny-boob-a-palooza when the water pulls the top away from my chest. I have it tied up with netting and double knot it and make it tight enough that it actually hurts my neck.
    Any thoughts on how to fix this? Add more stuff around the shells so more of my chest is covered? I never thought having TINY boobs would be a problem. :|
    I would make sure you have the correctly sized bra first! My bras used to gap a bunch on the top. But when I got correctly measured and figured out sister sizing, bras magically started to fit. I'm not sure if that'll solve everything, but it may help a little!

I always get worried about this as well. It is hard to find swim tops small enough for me sometimes - but especially in the past. I haven't tested my top out in the water yet, but I think it will stick to me well. I was thinking though that if I do have issues, I will use a sports bra. I really think a sports bra will hold on tight to you and you won't have to always be looking down to make sure your top is not gaping open when you bend over or swim, etc. I know how you feel though. I have put on a top, gotten in the pool, then had to tie it much tighter and constantly worry about it. I hate wearing a one piece though so I know that that is not always a fun option.

I am sure that you can make a sports bra look very pretty with shells, fake seaweed, etc. I hope this helps!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Or buy booster bras.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I have the same problem! Lol I actually now use the gell adhesive inserts ie. Fake Boobie. It helps add that extra push and fills in the gaps's and if your bra still gaps no one can see the itty-bitty's

Just purchase some close to your skin color.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422139586.968588.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  129.1 KB this is the stuff I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by East coast mermaid View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422139586.968588.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  129.1 KB this is the stuff I'm talking about
    Do these stay on underwater?

Mine still stick to me after five swims, now I do have my mermaid bra on top of it so it really doesn't have any place to go if it decides to not be as sticky.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Wow, I thought I was alone with this problem! Thanks for all the responses! the bandeau thing sounds like a good idea..and like it can turn out to be really cute I'd definitely like to try those silicone things! They look comfy!
    I've always had issues with bras. Never had one that fit properly. I try to avoid wearing them as much as possible. Because freedom. Lol
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Just finished my top ^_^
    Name:  10690063_1598473360373015_807552234505578372_n.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  56.3 KB
    Doesn't show the colours that well, but its the same as my tail (silver and dark blue) ^_^
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyena View Post
    Just finished my top ^_^
    Name:  10690063_1598473360373015_807552234505578372_n.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  56.3 KB
    Doesn't show the colours that well, but its the same as my tail (silver and dark blue) ^_^
    That is pretty! Wish I wasn't allergic to acrylic plastic.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I've always had issues with bras. Never had one that fit properly. I try to avoid wearing them as much as possible.
    Run your measurements through this calculator: www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm

Like a lot of others, I've had trouble for years and years finding bras that fit. Once I figured out my true size (and learned how bra sizes work), I've never had another issue

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel

I made this little Jellyfish top and matching hair piece this morning
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Oh my god how cute!