ABOUT MERNATION MerNation
MerNation

Manufacturer: MerNation

ABOUT MERNATION:
MerNation Inc. is based out of Tampa, Florida and sells full silicone mermaid tails

themernation.com
Etsy Shop
Facebook Page
Instagram
Twitter
YouTube
themernation@gmail.com

RULES FOR REVIEWS:

1. Do not post a review until after you have received you tail, and used it at least once.
Otherwise it can not be a true review of the product. If you wish to complain about delays or poor customer service, or post a review after unboxing but before first use, please discuss that in a forum thread.

2. You must provide proof of purchase.
Due to abuse of the system, you MUST provide proof of purchase within your review. This can be a photo of you in your tail, or a photo of your tail with a piece of paper with "MerNetwork.com" written on it, placed on or near your tail so it can be clearly seen in the photo. This photo can be embedded (see instructions on how to do so below), or the photo can be linked to via url or hyperlink in the review. If you do not include this, your review will not be approved.
If you are having trouble inserting photos, please see THIS THREAD for a tutorial on how to do so.

3. Be respectful and objective.
If you have anything negative to say, please refrain from personal attacks on the tailmaker.

4. Share useful information.
Discuss the item's color, texture, weight, quality and shipping condition. You also may wish to describe the tailmaker's customer service and delivery time. Describe how it worked in the water, the process of getting it on and off, and other useful information.

5. Be truthful to the best of your ability.
Deliberately false or misleading information in reviews will not be tolerated.

Be aware that approval of reviews is at the Admin's discretion. If we have reason to believe a review is falsified, we will remove it.

Thread: MerNation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Chesapeake Pod Tom Cardwell's Avatar

5 out of 5 rating for MerNation

Here is my MerNation tail review after owning it for 5 months.

This is actually my second tail, my first tail will be made later by FinFolk after meeting them at NC Merfest 2015.
    After contacting FinFolk in early January I started looking around at other tailmakers and completed tails. I ran across SeaVixen's tail and knew if I wanted a backup tailmaker then MerNation would be it. Here is SeaVixen's review http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...ce-and-review! . Then Mernation on January 28th dropped this beauty on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheMerNatio...type=3&theater . At that point I knew I needed this tail, a pink tail for breast cancer awareness in memory of my grandmother who passed 12 yrs ago. FinFolk got back to me 2 days later saying it would be almost a year till they could make my 1st tail so I pulled the trigger and bought the MerNation tail in the interim.

Communication was awesome, many times replies with 8-24 hours.
    Paid for my tail on February 13th, 2015.
    Made my duct tape dummy and mailed it off and received February 19th.

Cost: Around $3,500
    Upgraded to a competitor monofin like this one.Its a beast.

Added dorsal fin, pectoral fins, hip fins, and ankle fins.

March 10th it began, here are the progress pics:

On the last day of winter, March 22nd, my family and I drove down from Charlotte, NC to Tampa, FL to pickup my MerNation tail. (My wife was in a huge rush to get food and get to the beach I didn't get any meeting pics)

Here is the 1st pic of my new tail at Clearwater Beach, Florida.

A pic hanging out with Mermaid Shannon at the YWCA in Charlotte on April 27th.

Myrtle Beach, SC, at Ocean Lakes Campground Pool, May 15th 2015 with my kids.

Here is a video by Merman Dan of my tail on August 5th at the Greensboro Aquatic Center.
    https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...35&oe=55DBD862

My tail weighs 30 lbs, its a beast. It fits perfectly.

Wear and tear: I've scooted on my dorsal fin too many times and put a hole in it. I got a tube of sil-poxy and if was fixed in 20 minutes, no problem!

So much chlorine in the pools that its eating at the clearcoat on a few scales, not a big deal. Its rough when you walk into the local indoor pool and the chlorine is so strong in the air it burns.

Then kids stepping on my tail caused a few of these wounds...grrrrr

I swim about once a week in my tail then put it up in my rack to dry.

Its an awesome tail, gotten a lot of complements from breast cancer survivors and plan to take it with me on the breast cancer awareness walks in October.

I would highly recommend MerNation to any friend. They are a solid and steady tail maker, don't think they want to be like the top in demand tail makers who "oh and ah" everyone then are saddled with a full year turnaround. Great Job guys!
    Last edited by Tom Cardwell; 08-24-2015 at 10:06 PM.