It was about midsummer of last year (2015) that I decided to venture off into the waters and become a mermaid. Originally, I was going to jump straight to a silicone tail, as I really was drawn to how beautiful and realistic they were. However, after reading the forums here on MerNetwork, I decided that I should probably start with a fabric mermaid tail first... and thus, I bought my FinFun Asian Magenta Fabric Mermaid Tail.

Honestly, when I bought this, I was prepared to be let down, as I had already seen how stunning the silicone tails were, and thought that a fabric one would look so sad in comparison. But let me tell you... there was not a hint of disappointment when I received and unboxed my fabric tail! (You can see for yourself HERE, by watching my FinFun Unboxing Video).

I paid around $120.00 for this tail (I bought the tail skin with the monofin), and received it in the mail within a week or two. When I went for my first swim, I found it very easy to put the tail on, and was able to master the "Dolphin Kick" movement within a mere matter of minutes. Since ordering my tail, I have swam in it a total of about 7 hours in chlorinated water, and about 6 hours in Lake Michigan, and it still looks super beautiful!

So, now about the details of the tail. The colors on the tail skin are very vibrant, and the scale pattern is actually pretty realistic looking. They certainly look real from afar, and are still quite convincing up close. However, at the end of the tail, there is an opening where the "Monofin" slips in, and that is a bit unsightly. Buuuut... the monofin needs to be inserted somehow, and that's the easiest way for it to go in, so, whateveeeer! All in all, the looks and fits wonderfully!

The same goes for the monofin (The thing your feet slip into). While the monofin is a bit floppier than I would like personally (though that does give you more of a majestic, flow-y look), it is surprisingly comfortable. I'll have you know that when I said that I swam in a chlorinated pool for 7 hours earlier, that that was all done in a matter of two consecutive days, and even with that prolonged wear, I felt no discomfort from wearing the monofin! :D (Oooohh... those were two great days.... *Sigh* Time travel, please!?!?) It's also quite simple to get on, and to take off, though you will not notice your feet sliding out of it while you swim... don't worry!

So, in conclusion, both the tail and the monofin look great and fit comfortably. And the price really isn't bad at all for such a neat product! I would most certainly recommend a FinFun Mermaid Tail to any first time Merfolk out there. Ugh!! The hardest part really is picking what color you want... Ahh! The struggle is REAL!

Well, thank you for reading my review! Whether you chose FinFun, or another tail maker for your tail, I wish you the best of fun on your adventures. I know you're off to magical things!!

-Mermaid Phantom MagicCrafter of Mallet Island

(P.S. I don't really have picture proof to post here, as mine are either blurry, or heavily edited, but I hope the video is proof enough! :O )