Page 423 of 430 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    she sounds like she was amazing

Yes, she was great. But it does not discourage me. I'm going to adopt another one once I come back to Spain.

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Angry.
    I wrote a strong email to the YMCA today. I was told on tour I could bring my monofin. Signed up. Got all the way to the water two days later and was stopped by a lifeguard and told no, no Y allows them and the regional swim manager and boss told the lifeguard it wasn't allowed at ANY Y, which from reading on here I know is untrue. I do not like runarounds. I also do not like being THAT person.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaSelkie View Post
    Angry.
    I wrote a strong email to the YMCA today. I was told on tour I could bring my monofin. Signed up. Got all the way to the water two days later and was stopped by a lifeguard and told no, no Y allows them and the regional swim manager and boss told the lifeguard it wasn't allowed at ANY Y, which from reading on here I know is untrue. I do not like runarounds. I also do not like being THAT person.

Don't know which is worse -- to see an org with its left hand so utterly ignorant of what its right hand is doing, or be reminded how quick pools are to clamp down on anyone who might be having fun in the name of 'safety'.

In any case, here's wishing you all the best! Hope you find a place you can swim quickly.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    I feel you guys on that one. I tried to swim the other day with my Sandtail betta at a municipal pool with a friend. We weren't expecting as many folks, but happily shared one lane... until they put a third person in from the swim team/class in the open area "because he was a slow swimmer"

It made the already narrow lane cramped, but I could manage it, until I was called over and told by the (at least apologetic) lifeguard that the supervisor felt the fluke was a hitting hazard, and if I had a smaller fin. I was ok with just using the Mahina anyways, since I wasn't in strong enough condition to handle the betta skin at the time. NOPE - her reasoning was the flared tips would still hurt someone, even though I clearly turned sideways or dove under passing people to avoid hitting them. They then tried to push their free-to-use smaller bi-fins on me, but I refused knowing they would not be strong enough for what I wanted to do that night, and we promptly left.

Friend was a bit appalled as well, saying they weren't as busy when he swam before, but that it also wasn't OK to shove a third person in an already full lane when the others only had one person in them when it was clear the two people using it were going quite fast along the lane.

>:\

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaSelkie View Post
    Angry.

Ugh, why is so hard for places to just settle on a monofin policy instead of every employee and manager saying something different?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Okay, so updating here... i just got an email this morning:
    Hello Chelsea,
    ***** Thank you for contacting the YMCA of the USA. YMCA of the USA is a separate consulting organization for Ys across the country. The programs and services offered by Ys across the country vary from location to location. Policies are made on the local level by the Executive Director and volunteer leaders. YMCA of the USA does not have the authority to override any local branch decisions. Please contact management at your local YMCA in regards to your inquiry/concerns.
    Sincerely,
    Brittany Pickens
    Application Support
    YMCA OF THE USA
    101 N. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL. 60606
    (Toll Free) 800 872 9622 **(W) YMCA.Net
    The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility

So I've worked for the YMCA faithfully since 2010. This last year, I obtained my CNA and told my aquatics director (the area I work in) that with my new job as a CNA, I'd have to drastically reduce the hours I took, like a shift here and there, max one or 2 per month. She neglects to tell me that the policy is working 5 hours per month and you get to keep your membership. I go in to see if I can make any hours work with my schedule, and the computer system says my account has been deactivated. I told my boss that I had issues getting in and she said it was because I wasn't taking any hours (false, I've picked up here and there and I flat out told her and she was ok with this new arrangement because of the new job). Well after picking up what was left of my scattered free hours per week, I'm feeling more and more depressed. I've been mermaiding to combat my depression and this really set me off. I wish she knew what I go through on a daily basis and adding on trying to fit more hours in on my own behalf.. long story short, I need to find a new fucking pool to swim in because I'm sick of all this tail chasing and all the bullshit shes put me through throughout the years. Here's to hoping that the hotels with pools in town offer day passes.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    So I've worked for the YMCA faithfully since 2010. This last year, I obtained my CNA and told my aquatics director (the area I work in) that with my new job as a CNA, I'd have to drastically reduce the hours I took, like a shift here and there, max one or 2 per month. She neglects to tell me that the policy is working 5 hours per month and you get to keep your membership. I go in to see if I can make any hours work with my schedule, and the computer system says my account has been deactivated. I told my boss that I had issues getting in and she said it was because I wasn't taking any hours (false, I've picked up here and there and I flat out told her and she was ok with this new arrangement because of the new job). Well after picking up what was left of my scattered free hours per week, I'm feeling more and more depressed. I've been mermaiding to combat my depression and this really set me off. I wish she knew what I go through on a daily basis and adding on trying to fit more hours in on my own behalf.. long story short, I need to find a new fucking pool to swim in because I'm sick of all this tail chasing and all the bullshit shes put me through throughout the years. Here's to hoping that the hotels with pools in town offer day passes.

Wishing you well, LunaBelle! Let us know how it goes reaching out to pools near you.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    And another pool bites the dust.
    Just returned from the one I frequent the most often because you can use any fins or tail you want.

Right after setting foot in one of the 3 pools, I see a brown spot on the bottom in the middle of the pool.
    There are often kids who will drop stuff there, so I swim over aaand, it's a piece of shit.

Reported it to the guards. They didn't tell anyone or do anything but send someone over who took about 10min to fish it out.
    Other than that, nada.
    I asked them whether they didn't want to rope off the pool and do an extra chlorination (vs crypto or other parasites), they said naaa, not needed.

Another pool off the ever shrinking list
    I just hope I didn't catch something to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    Just returned from the one I frequent the most often because you can use any fins or tail you want.

Right after setting foot in one of the 3 pools, I see a brown spot on the bottom in the middle of the pool.
    There are often kids who will drop stuff there, so I swim over aaand, it's a piece of shit.

Reported it to the guards. They didn't tell anyone or do anything but send someone over who took about 10min to fish it out.
    Other than that, nada.
    I asked them whether they didn't want to rope off the pool and do an extra chlorination (vs crypto or other parasites), they said naaa, not needed.

🤮 🤮 🤮

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post

Other than that, nada.

Ewwwwww. I can't argue with you striking that one from your list!

Visit Sammi_Ray's Youtube Channel
    I really need some advice.. :-( i cried this morning in disbelief..

My local pool said yes before i placed my order. Then it got closed down and rebuilt within months. They have a new manager who point blank refused and said because its against their "pool policy"..

I finally found a pool but its miles away and very expensive to swim. So i thought i would send my local pool a social media messege with videos and a lengthy explaination. They got back to me and said that their pool manager would like to discuss this with me (i held hope this would be possitive). I left my number and three days later, no reponse.

So i call myself to see if its ok for them to discuss this with me over the phone. She came back to me with "we are now doing our own mermaid lessons so you can't swim here"

I was absolutely gutted.. and anrgy that in Aug it was against their policy and now its not but you can't swim here.

I don't know if i am over reacting but i am feeling very delicate. Is this a thing? Am i being a douche bag? I am feeling heart broken. I have swam once since Aug..
    Mermaid Sammi Ray

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammi_Ray View Post
    She came back to me with "we are now doing our own mermaid lessons so you can't swim here"
    this is just a dick move and sure sign they are money grabbers.

I know a pool as well which has a strict "no nothing"-policy, yet they did their own mermaid courses all of a sudden (the entire pool was clogged with hair, glitter and dirt afterward so I always knew when they'd been there...).
    If they still refuse mermaids to swim when not in their own course, it just means they want you to pay extra, as the course is surely super expensive.
    $$$

My advice: forget this pool. Wherever the managment is too greedy, the upkeep of the pool is often terrible as well and sometimes even hazardous, because they think money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> people's health.

see my experience 3 posts above!
    It's just not worth the risk. Better to drive longer and pay more than to put up with crappy, greedy pool staff.

Ok so this is something I’ve been trying to let go! I recently joined the pod squad in the beginning of November! Most posts have been amazeing but there was one recently about someone buying a Finfolk tail! ( was not a Finfolk) posting they were excited and the put a pic up! And someone pointed out that was a Finfolk silicone tail! Then the original poster said no it was fabric and she got it on another sight! Knowing that it was a fake rip off of a Finfolk tail! It really bothers me knowing someone would be totally ok with a rip off tail of a artists hard work and a mers dream tail! And then she started defending her choice! And she thought it was ok to post about it in the company she ripped off! And the mer who’s personal tail it was commented on her post and she didn’t even say anything!

This makes me terribly mad and sad !!!

I know the hoops I am going through for my silicone tail and know how heart broken I’d be if mine got ripped off !!!

How do y’all feel about this I’ve been trying to let it go but it bothers me so much I can’t !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    So I just got laid off by text message...

*Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Ok so this is something I’ve been trying to let go! I recently joined the pod squad in the beginning of November! Most posts have been amazeing but there was one recently about someone buying a Finfolk tail! ( was not a Finfolk) posting they were excited and the put a pic up! And someone pointed out that was a Finfolk silicone tail! Then the original poster said no it was fabric and she got it on another sight! Knowing that it was a fake rip off of a Finfolk tail! It really bothers me knowing someone would be totally ok with a rip off tail of a artists hard work and a mers dream tail! And then she started defending her choice! And she thought it was ok to post about it in the company she ripped off! And the mer who’s personal tail it was commented on her post and she didn’t even say anything!

I know the hoops I am going through for my silicone tail and know how heart broken I’d be if mine got ripped off !!!

How do y’all feel about this I’ve been trying to let it go but it bothers me so much I can’t !!!!
    A few of my friends have knock off tails, and it REALLY bothers me as well. I am part of the Pod Squad as well, and I have tried to talk to them about it. It really bothers me more that they contacted Ali Express (where they got their tails) and even sent them photos so they could be 'showcased' as 'clients' . It just makes me unhappy to be around the knock off tails.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Clara View Post
    So I just got laid off by text message...

*Hugs* you are worth more than that.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post

Yeah, it's not fair to the original creators of the tail. It's not even like you can make the excuse that tailmakers are huge, evil corporations that already have billions of dollars.

I have one of these fake finfolk tails, it was a gift from my husband who has no idea about brands and knockoffs. I felt the right thing to do is hang it on my wall as decor and possibly take a few photos for personal use but never use it for swimming or preforming. I am saving up to buy a real finfolk tail to be my feature tail.
    I feel that that is a horrible thing to do trying to pass the cheap Chinese fake as an authentic finfolk tail and even worse to post it on the page of the company they ripped off! That’s deplorable!��
    I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind --of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

Since we're in the spirit of sharing, I utterly hate it when someone is so immature and unaware of their own bad attitude that when you confront them about their rudeness they turn it around and try to blame it on you despite you giving them the benefit of the doubt, and despite you being very polite about their disgusting behavior. Had this happen to me today with a colleague who is utterly lazy and rude to everyone and with who I've tried to reconcile the situation just to maintain a healthy work environment, that is just the kind of person that grates me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 423 of 430 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427 ... LastLast