PDA

View Full Version : The Drama Thread (WARNING: DRAMA AHEAD)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Winged Mermaid
08-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Sometimes you start off a thread on one subject and something happens. Sometimes it's something, sometimes it's someone. Drama rears it's head and takes over the whole thing. Point is, that wasn't what the thread was meant for. Sometimes when things get so out of hand you just have to move it off the thread. That's what this drama thread is for. Frankenstein bits and pieces of un needed un necessary drama from other threads. If you don't want to get involved then don't. If you still want to hash it out here you can BUT KEEP TO THE RULES. BE RESPECTFUL AND CIVIL. NO MALICIOUS AND NASTY REMARKS. Just because it's in the drama thread does not mean you can go outside the rules. This thread is not outside the eyes and punishments of the Admins.

NOTE: Comments will be placed and displayed chronologically within this thread. It may not always make sense in this fashion, but as of now there is no way to fix it, so keep that in mind when reading.

MermaidRaven
02-23-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm really at a loss right now as to what I can do about a certain situation and I know I'm not on here posting very much but maybe someone on here can help me I hope.

I'm having problems with a certain mer person and I have tried everything but they just wont leave me alone. Ive tried to be friends with this person before and it didn't work and then I thought Myabe I could give it one more try and again it has blown up in my face. I'm terrified of what they are saying to people about me and some of the things I know and its SO hurtful. There was a comment I read recently that literally broke my heart and brought me to tears....

"Some of them...the worst...are also into clowns and circuses and shit. Carnie mermaids are lame."

I'm pretty sure this was a direct dig at me because I perform circus arts (which I have dedicated YEARS of my life to and is one of my biggest passions other than mermaiding) for a living and my boyfriend is in fact a clown. This was so incredibly hurtful to see, I am so heart broken that people are saying these things (and much worse) about me. Why would my other career choices and personal life even need to be brought up?!

"People who post on Mernetwork and worship certain Florida white trash mermaids need to just go away..." because were mermaids in Florida we are white trash? again...SO hurtful.

The part I cant stand the most is that I DON'T POST ANYTHING negative about this person ANYWHERE. I have no problem with this person other than I deleted them from my facebook page because they were saying too many negative things about too many other people and their tails and I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't go around bashing them or their wife on any other facebook pages? I even love and support their tail making business and even AFTER the second falling out still send people their way. STILL recommend them to th DOZENS of emails I get a day about tails. And I feel like whats the point if they clearly hate me so much? I try to just do my own thing and ignore any drama that comes up usually because I have gotten too wrapped up in it in the past. But I just dont know what to do at this point.

I have seen people deleting me from their facebook pages who I have done absolutely nothing too!? People I have always tried to be supportive of and nice to? People are angry at me and I dont even know why!?

I try to be supportive and contribute to the community and I have no issue with ANYONE. I messaged this person BEGGING for them to just leave me alone and I feel like theres this one sided war going on now? All I want is for them to go on with their lives and let me live mine but I feel like no matter what I do this will never happen. Its so heart breaking that people on my friends list are messaging me asking what I did to piss this person off so much that they are publicly trashing me on other peoples pages. I just don't know what to do.

I feel as tho the only way for this to stop, is to stop being a mermaid?! I feel like they hate me for making tails, I feel like they hate me for just being a working mermaid. I took a break from mermaiding and was just working my gigs to make my bread and I was just really starting to feel passionate about mermaiding again and I was really excited with my tail making and everything else and this just makes me want to give up again. I hate that I'm letting them have so much power over me but I feel like I am constatly scared and stressed over this that its really not worth it. I can go back to just doing my gigs as a mermaid and not posting anything online or getting involved with anyone anymore. I know its extreme but I really am hurt by all of this and I do NOT let people get to me like this usually but I am only so strong before eventually one person can tear you down :(

I'm sorry this post has been sort of all over the place I'm just so in tears and I feel like theres nothing I can do :(

Mermaid Star
02-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Oh Raven! I am so sorry. At first I thought of giving you advice to just put it out of your mind. That you can't please everyone. Going on doing what you are doing and pay them no mind... but I know that I wouldn't be able to do that and shouldn't ask you to be super human. You shouldn't stop being a mermaid or stop being active in the community. You are a fabulous mermaid and have been an inspiration to me for years. You add so much to the community and your your tails are absolutely gorgeous! You have more supporters than haters, that is for sure. Try your best to put them out of your mind (I know it is hard to not pay them attention, I have a hard time not keeping tabs on people that talk trash about me) but it really is the best you can do. Don't let them get you down. You are young, beautiful and very successful at everything that you do. Keep your head up and keep doing what makes you happy.

I am sorry I could not offer you more of a solution. I know how you feel. I have been there. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I hope someone on here can help you more. Again, I am so sorry.

Princess Kae-Leah
02-23-2012, 11:34 PM
*Hugs both Raina and Raven* It's too bad "This Person" is turning out to be like this, as no one can deny that they are very talented, but after hearing this, I could never support them. Please remember dahlings to Keep The Faith, love is stronger than hate, and all that. You two will always have MY love and support. I honestly couldn't imagine the mer-community without you Raven! You are a beautiful and super-talented mermaid, and anyone telling you otherwise is just jealous and pathetic! I think I can relate, as I've had personal issues with other mers as well, but the important thing is that I believe in my heart that a mermaid is who I am and no one can tell me different, and remember that just because one person "unlikes" me, there's still lots of fish in the sea! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUzYa-Wah6U
I try to listen to this song whenever I'm having a bad day. I know MJ(though I personally LOVE him very much) isn't everybody's cup of tea, but the lyrics are so inspirational.

Sirenade
02-23-2012, 11:35 PM
It is such a shame that this person has gotten under your skin/scales. From what I've seen this person write, they have done nothing but bully, insult, and degrade other mers they are jealous of. They provoke fights and stir drama, then retreat when it gets dished back. This person, along with other well known tailmaker, seem to exhibit textbook traits of personality disorders. Remember, this person is projecting onto YOU what he feels insecure about in himself. Jealousy can drive people to do and say crazy things. I feel really sorry for his wife and wouldn't be surprised if they are in an emotionally abusive relationship either. It's a shame he is poisoning potential customers against them too.

Slip into your fins, enjoy a good swim and let his negativity wash away from you like the low tide retreating to the sea.

Mermaid Ariaella
02-23-2012, 11:43 PM
I have been in this community for a while and have seen all KINDS of people come and go in this industry...and the people that cause the most problems are the ones who are so completely and totally unhappy with their lives. I know I don't know anything about this particular situation but in every industry, there are people like that. I know in the Princessing community and the Renaissance Faire community I have dealt with my fair share of Aholes (pardorn my french) with jabs and snarky comments. The best advice I can give you is to hold your head high and make them see you shine. They might try to cut you down and make you feel so incredibly low but you have to be the bigger one to stand up and say "you know what, I AM doing something I love...and I AM good at this. And SCREW whomever doesn't appriciate my talent" You do this because you LOVE it...You love what it represents...what it means to so many people...especially kids and you're SOOOO incredibly talented. This isn't meant to be a "suck up kiss your tail post" but sometimes people need a little encouragement to know that YOU are in the right...and you have absolutely every right to be hurt by whomever it is that hurt you. Hold your head up high and know that you're doing something WONDERFUL for everyone...but mostly...you're doing it for yourself! Be proud of what you do!

Mermaid Star
02-23-2012, 11:49 PM
I am not sure if this will help, but it always makes me feel better and more in control. It is something that Tor (Merpirate) gave me and I sent it to Raina as well.

I know it isn't fear that you are having trouble with but you can really insert anything that you are having trouble with.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

New York Mermaid
02-24-2012, 12:42 AM
"Some of them...the worst...are also into clowns and circuses and shit. Carnie mermaids are lame."

*Raven- By far that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Your not a carnie mermaid or white trash and your not lame. I dont understand how anyone can say that about you or your career choice. Sad thing is there are many people who are judgemental about everything you say or do. It's so sad to see its happening to one of our own. Jealousy could be another reason as well. You shouldnt feel the need to feel threatened at all especially if your making tails or a working mermaid, its your passion- you said it yourself. Thought it is true people can tear you down, your actually stronger than you make yourself out to be. Sometimes though you need to realize this yourself. Raven you have every right to be upset about everything thats going on. Dont let anyone push you around, your a strong mermaid and a smart young lady, you keep on swimming and keep on making tails despite what this person says or does.

*Raina, there are going to be alot of people that intentionally do things to others just to see what they say or do, You know what's been going on and you have been nothing but helpful. Its not your fault they are this way. You ignore them and dont let them get under your scales.

Keep your heads up Ladies!

Artisankatie
02-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Some people are just losers. Raina and Raven, you guys are some of my most idolised mer-heroes (I hope that doesn't sound too creepy), and I hate to think anyone would want to hurt you guys. And I don't understand why, either. Unfortunately, losers abound. Aradia recently had some horrible things said about her for no reason when she hadn't done anything to the person saying it either. We took screenshots as well, in case we have to prove what happened.
You guys are both loved by so many people, despite what the idiots say. If I'm brainwashed, I'm not complaining about it ;)
I'm also friends with a few circusy people here in Melbourne, and I can't imagine anyone thinking they were lame or pathetic, I wish I could do what they do!

I don't know if I'm helping in any way writing this, I just wanted to reassure you guys that most of us think you're great :)

neonmermaid
02-24-2012, 01:25 AM
I had NO idea anyone disliked you. You are one of the most realistic mermaids I have ever seen, and your work is nothing short of incredible. Don't allow yourself to be bullied! It's wonderful that you came on here to tell us all, though. I think it's important to keep open communication about these sorts of things. If anyone who is bothering you reads this, maybe your pleas will make them rethink their behavior. If you are ever out in California, I've met Tyler & I'd love to meet you. I work at Disneyland soooo shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do to cheer you up ;) You're super talented, keep your fins up!

Mermaid Jewel
02-24-2012, 01:26 AM
It's a shame two amazing mermaids are getting a bashing from this person. It's true you can't please everyone but unnecessary public displays of it are, in general (not just this) and in my opinion, completely pointless and just plain rude. Don't let this one person have the power over you to make you stop mermaiding, or else he has gotten what he wants. Stay strong and know you're loved :) <3

happyguava
02-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Raven and Raina, I am SO sad to hear that this has happened. I can't believe people can be so horrible, so rude and so selfish. Peoples' lack of compassion and willingness to just be horrid and abusive to others just astounds me. Especially for no good reason.

I have also had issues with another mermaid saying things behind my back and it bloody hurts. I don't blame either of your for being upset or angry.

I guess all I can do is repeat what others have already said - I look up to the two of you so much in what I do, you are my biggest inspirations and I know I'm not the only one. Know that for every one jerk who wants to bring you down there are dozens and dozens of others who are always amazed and inspired by what you do.

Prince Calypso
02-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Raven and Raina i love you both so much. i'm not all that active in the mer community and I've only just gotten my fins wet but the two of you have been among the biggest inspirations for me, right up there with Ariel, and mermaid Hannah. whoever "this person" is they should feel ashamed of them selves and say this with all love and respect "BACK UP OFF MY GIRLS!!":mad:
You two must keep mermaiding, never let someone make you turn tail and run. in the end people will always hate on you for you success, no matter what you do
please girls stay strong and just keep swimming:yay:
we love you both very much

Nate Walis
02-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Some people are just dicks...

MafaldaMermaid
02-24-2012, 05:46 AM
First of all, you girls are fantastic mermaids, and I have no shadow of doubt about it.
I dunno who this person is that you're talking about, but, clearly, this person is just jealous =/
You girls cannot care too much about what this person says! Let him/her talk! (I'll use "he" cause I dunno who this person is)
"He" is getting what he wants, "he" knows that you are totally devastated, heart broken and keep on treating both of you badly....
I'm not saying for you fight back, certainly NOT, Big No, because you have to keep on your level... Down go low level as "him". I just advice you both to despise and don't care... "He" is the trash here, not you!
I have been through some kind of problems like that, not about mermaiding though, and what I did, was despising... Show "him" you're not bothered at all! "He" will get tired and maybe get finally a life! Now pleaseeeeee don't be sad about this creatures (For sure they are not people) =p

Keep your heads up, and just be sure that Both of you, are fantastic mermaids! And I hope to be so good as you someday :)

(I'm sorry if my words aren't very clear, Still practicing better my English)

Aradia
02-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Raven/Raina, sadly there are toxic people out there that you can keep trying to get along with but finally just need to cut them out of your life. You both shine at what you do and it would be such a terrible loss to see you move away from the forums/mermaiding community Raven. I know you both don't really know a lot of us but i'm hoping that by adding my voice to the sea of other mers around me that you both might feel a little bit more supported.
Hope the situation changes for the better.

Wishingforwater
02-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Heres what you do.....nothing. This guy is only jealous. His words are fueled by green-eyed envy. He is jealous of your skill,talent,craftmanship, and business sense. He is jealous saying that raven is taking mermaiding to the extreme, that her "ultra-realistic tales" are "too good" and ruining the community. He is jeolous saying things like raven cares too much about business and "real mermaids" wouldnt care soo much about business. IGDIYGEWDIWDI ARE YOU KIDDING ME, WHAT KIND OF DOUCHE ARE YOU!!!!! Mr. La%&(%@ is jeolous because he doesnt have skill,talent,craftsmanship and business sense. As Ravens boyfriend and the operater of the business side, i can tell you that everyone wants a piece of what we doing. He is no different. He is just more immature in his approach, more like the kid on the playground in 4th grade who punched you because he thought you were cute. People hate on the successful, its part of show business. So if you are a mermaid out there who wants to do this for a living, embrace your haters, because they are really your biggest fans.

Yours Truly, 20PennyTyler

Mermaid Lorelei
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
You are phenomenal. End of story.

Sephina
02-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Both of you need to keep doing what you are doing and ignore this person.Keep in mind that you can't be really good at something without people hating you for it and being jealous. Instead of letting it poison you and make you feel badly, let it lift you up. Just remember that you are so good at it that this person feels the need to drag you down, and if you let them they have won. Why give up something that you love just to inflate someones ego some more? You don't need to feed them any longer. You are both gorgeous mermaids who are really good at what you do. Honestly just ignore this person, cut the ties and spend your energy on people who make you feel better instead of worse. Just like a school yard bully if you ignore them, and don't give them any reaction they will realize pretty quickly that there is no use in picking on you because you don't give them the reaction they want.

If he said that your tails are too realistic then that is just more poppycock. There is no such thing as too realistic in this kind of business, isn't that the point? To look realistic? He's just worried people are going to wake up and realize he isn't the only tail maker and he will get less orders (which is a good thing because it isn't like he can keep up with what he gets as it is), and thus less money. He doesn't seem to care how he makes anyone feel as long as his bottom line and money is flowing in. He really needs to take a step back and do it like Raven is. Take orders one at a time and wait until one is finished before taking another order. He would have so many more happy customers and better quality tails.

Don't let the jealousy get to you and give up something you love so dearly. If you do that then you will wind up feeling depressed and horrible about yourself and there is no need of that at all.

SireniaSolaris
02-24-2012, 12:20 PM
:( This saddens me for so many reasons. Raven, you are probably one of the most respected merperson in this community. And for me, personally, you were a founding inspiration in my own mermaid endeavors - right up there with Hannah. And your constant evolving and contribution of new and wonderful things has me always striving to get better and reach further. You are one of the major sources of motivation and energy for myself and so many other mers. Your latest creations - I got this overflowing emotional glee just looking at PICTURES of what you were doing for the community and for the world of mermaids in general. You saw Raina's video. Look at how happy she was! And That same happiness you have brought to so many - by helping people to learn how to make lovely tails of their own, by making WONDERFUL pieces of art for people to bond with in their mermaid journeys; not just tails, your beautiful accessories, too. You are the MOST talented person I know of in this trade. And anyone who begins gettng exposure -ANYONE - will have haters. When I came back to S. FL after 3 years, my form of dance was deemed "too old school, not flashy enough, and weird". And those were by far the nicest comments I heard said about me. This made me very sad, because I, too, always just tried to be nice to everyone. People I considered friends I suppose at one point started viewing me as competition, and so I was made aware of things they were saying about me - sore subjects, too, which when coming from someone you consider a friend I know makes you want to cry. I'm so sorry, Raven. I'd like to give you a huge hug. While I know there is no way for it not to be hurtful to you, I hope the fact that you make so many more smiles means something, and I hope that that positive, infectious energy from all of us can help to heal your heart and replace the tears with the same warm, fuzzy feeling you bring to all of us.

The comments made were actually quite hurtful to me, too. I train in contortion, and I actually believe you and my good good friend Susan (Zuzka) are well aquainted through the circus arts. I love it, and hope that one day I might be at a high enough skill level to comfortably perform for people. I am a children's entertainer full time - I make balloon animals and paint faces. That's how I make my living and provide for my daughter. And, I am a native Floridian. That any, much less all of that, somehow discredits me is quite insulting. I love what I do in all of its entirety. And Florida, imo, is home to MANY talented mermaids. You for 1, if he chooses to bring up Melissa she is from FL too, Aleassa, Meshpa, Marina, the Weeki Wachee mermaids, and so so so many others!

The fact that you are a circus artist just makes you a ton more awesome to me! While no one can decide what you will do with your life except you (I understand, because I'll admit that I did close off a LOT from the dance community), I am really really hoping and asking that you not shy away from being a mermaid. You are so natural, you seem to love it - I see that communicated through in all the videos I have seen, and you are so good hearted to so many of us. It would be one of the biggest losses ever to the mermaid world to lose you. You are more special than you realize to an exponentially greater amount of people than you may ever know. The few people who are jealous and threatened by your incredible skill, talent, and love for what you do - I hope you will not let them matter in the end.

As people, we can't make everyone happy. Our truest commitment is to ourselves. I think no matter what we do, if we have a passion for it, we will bring happiness to others - you certainly prove that. If this is something that makes YOU happy, you shouldn't let anyone come between that. Even if it was you against the world, which in this case, as you can see from the support shown by everyone, that is not the case. Everyone who has spoken clearly loves and supports you. And I hope you will keep doing everything you love - circus arts, mermaiding, and always being around, because we love to see you here :)

Feel better. You are an amazing woman. You deserve the world!

Alveric
02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I've been involved in politics most of my life and have even run for office, so I know what it's like to be on the recieving end of hate. :p

Friends will tell you to just ignore it, but the hurt can be deep, especially when it's undeserved and being inflicted by people who ought to know better.

The only advise I can give is take solace from those who love you(there seem to be many) and continue doing what you know to be right. It will all turn out right in the end.

Alveric

mermanjr
02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
this is wrong for any one to say such things your a good person and i dont think people shuld say such things about others , i say you should just ignore this person and continue and do what you do , becauseyou love doing what you do Raven

Mer-palooza is ging to be great and its somethig te whole fammily can enjoy

lasserine
02-24-2012, 01:36 PM
They sound like a bully to me, and trying to get you to quit. From the videos you posted, you really seemed to be enjoying mermaiding. Ignore this person.

They might be trying to discourage you from making tails, since they saw how much better yours are than theirs, and they are scared of you taking away their business.

Do what you like, and screw other people.

StaySea
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Don't EVER let anyone keep you from doing what you are passionate about. PERIOD. Don't give any negative energy any of your energy. Keep doing positive things and seek only positive - like attracts like.

Raven and Raina - you are both shining lights that make the world a more beautiful place. Keep Swimming Forward.

Mer Vee
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Oh my! Can I help?

Princess Kae-Leah
02-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Whoa, at first I though This Person was a certain tailmaker who's first name begins with M, but it's someone else right?

Mermaid Sirena
02-24-2012, 05:23 PM
I can not say anything that has not already been said, all I can do is lend my support and willingness to listen. I promise I'm drama free ^_^ But seriously, the both of you are pillars among us and idols to many. As much as one person will try to destroy what you have worked for in the end your true personalities and determination will shine through.

I ask of you not leave as you would be sorely missed.

In time perhaps for both of you, you shall fade from the cross hairs as a new target appears from the depths of the community.

Artisankatie
02-24-2012, 05:40 PM
I feel bad that there's nothing really I can do to help except show my support for you guys publicly. But if you ever decide to run away down under, Aradia and Nerissa and I would be your slaves :D

Mermaid Lorelei
02-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I know there isn't really anything I can do in this situation, but I definitely think you are taking everything in the right way. Screencaps, saved messages, and the knowledge that facebook can dredge up deleted posts is all very good. I say hold on to your happiness! I know there's no way to just 'move on', (heck knows I'm dealing with enough of my own problems right now), but you can certainly hold on to other happiness. :> I love both of you guys and I hope that this will end soon. I don't like seeing either of you scared or worried about mermaiding. It's supposed to be a love of your life, no matter how serious you are about it being a business!

Odette
02-24-2012, 05:53 PM
this person is probably
jealous and thinks of you as competition. you got the edge and they are pissed about it. absolutely!
i have alot to say but cant put it in words. you girls are great people and great mermaids and i would defend you with your kind demeanor all the way.
there seems to be alot of jerks trying to start a business but they wont get too far. i promise you that.

so what do you need help with? what is the question? dont let them stop you as they are nothing at all. just a wanna-be that can't get far without the proper attitude.

if i knew the situation i would know better on what to say but i dont and i wont intrude, but i love you girls and you will be alright.

Mer Vee
02-24-2012, 06:41 PM
You're good at many things, but redacting communique isn't one of them.

Gem Stone
02-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I have been at the same end of the backstabbing as you both are now, and I tried to ignore it. I tried completely avoiding it, being nice, forgiving, fighting, getting others involved. I did everything I was and wasn't supposed to do and nothing worked. I ended up stopping it by quitting public school. I ran away because I wasn't strong enough to face it. Please don't follow my example! Stay strong! Stay in the community! Raven, I love your tails and so do many other people. Raina, you have the incredible ability to bring a whole group of us together during a trip your taking. Please don't leave because of this person and whoever may be on his or her side. Please don't take his or her crap seriously. I know it hurts and I can't say what to do and what works, but you are both large parts of this community. If you leave, it will make a difference. It will! My three friends from school tried to tell me e same thing, but this is different. Look at how many mers have responded to just this thread alone! You both have my support! Don't give up! Above all else, don't give up!

OrcaMatt
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Jeeze, I figured it out because I remembered this post, but now I wish I hadden't. For what it's worth though I do see where there might have been a misunderstanding.

Odette
02-25-2012, 12:35 AM
will do, raina.

Theta
02-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Raina, I just pictured actually carps being thrown at people, and lol'ed.

That being said, you and Raven are amazing mermaids, and I think you both have more support than you realize. People are jealous, and when they're vocal about it, it's amazingly transparent. Everything will even out in the end.

Love to you both <3 <3

Spindrift
02-27-2012, 10:35 AM
If it makes you guys feel any better, I thought he was an idiot from the beginning. :/
You guys are awesome. I wouldn't let his comments bother you. He's just a man-child that really isn't worth anyone's time. In fact, he probably sets aside "special him-time" to humiliate himself on the Internet.

-Annwyn-
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
"It's too bad "This Person" is turning out to be like this, as no one can deny that they are very talented, but after hearing this, I could never support them."

"I feel really sorry for his wife and wouldn't be surprised if they are in an emotionally abusive relationship either. It's a shame he is poisoning potential customers against them too."

"Some people are just losers."
"Aradia recently had some horrible things said about her for no reason when she hadn't done anything to the person saying it either. We took screenshots as well, in case we have to prove what happened. "

" I can't believe people can be so horrible, so rude and so selfish. Peoples' lack of compassion and willingness to just be horrid and abusive to others just astounds me"
"I have also had issues with another mermaid saying things behind my back and it bloody hurts. I don't blame either of your for being upset or angry."

"Some people are just dicks..."

"He" is getting what he wants, "he" knows that you are totally devastated, heart broken and keep on treating both of you badly....
I'm not saying for you fight back, certainly NOT, Big No, because you have to keep on your level... Down go low level as "him". I just advice you both to despise and don't care... "He" is the trash here, not you!"

"sadly there are toxic people out there that you can keep trying to get along with but finally just need to cut them out of your life"

"IGDIYGEWDIWDI ARE YOU KIDDING ME, WHAT KIND OF DOUCHE ARE YOU!!!!! Mr. La%&(%@ is jeolous because he doesnt have skill,talent,craftsmanship and business sense. "
"He is just more immature in his approach, more like the kid on the playground in 4th grade who punched you because he thought you were cute."

"He really needs to take a step back and do it like Raven is. Take orders one at a time and wait until one is finished before taking another order. He would have so many more happy customers and better quality tails."

"They sound like a bully to me....They might be trying to discourage you from making tails, since they saw how much better yours are than theirs, and they are scared of you taking away their business."

"Screencaps, saved messages, and the knowledge that facebook can dredge up deleted posts is all very good"

"this person is probably
jealous and thinks of you as competition. you got the edge and they are pissed about it. absolutely! "
"just a wanna-be that can't get far without the proper attitude."

"If it makes you guys feel any better, I thought he was an idiot from the beginning. :/"
"He's just a man-child that really isn't worth anyone's time. In fact, he probably sets aside "special him-time" to humiliate himself on the Internet."

I've tried to stay away from this thread, but I feel I need to say a few words.

I am really disappointed in you all. So Raina and Raven had an altercation with another person who they claimed was trash-talking them, and yet you come on here and do exactly the same thing. Raina and Raven, you should be discussing this privately between whomever this person may be, not perpetuate the matter by trash talking back on an open forum knowing that this person would be reading it. That goes for everyone else too. Now, I'm not saying everybody in this thread is responsible, but most are. Trash talking should be completely discouraged within the mer-community, it's not polite, it's not necessary and it's just plain bullying, I don't care who slighted who. To empathise with these two mermaids is one thing, all fine and good and should be encouraged, but to bag out the other person, especially when you haven't been involved in the situation personally, is just mealy-mouthed and tasteless. You're all acting like 12 year olds, no better than the person who slighted you in the first place. Grow up, and start communicating with the people who have 'apparently' done you wrong like grown ups.

Spindrift
02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
@Aela: I can see how you have arrived to that opinion and mindset, and I'm not calling you out on it, but I would like to point out that this topic by itself still belongs in the forums (by the mere criteria of it being posted in the first place). And with the way the Internet is structured, people will post their impressions and opinions - just like you did just now in your post. If someone is bullying someone else and that someone else gets upset, they have every right to tell people and to look for sympathy. Keeping things bottled up or in the hush-hush may work for some people, but it's also a very dangerous thing for some others to attempt. Different people who react in different ways need to - guess what - deal with issues differently as well.

Other similar examples in recent events that have warranted similar reactions: Lorelei's design being stolen or SirenaSolaris's demo reel being unsatisfactory. This is no different from those very valid complaints where members have, in response, also "trash talked" the perpetrators. To some, it's just a way to deal with the hurt. Besides, if the guy is attacking people online without warrant, that's a concern that should affect other members of the same community as well, especially since I can't think of any reason to why someone would deserve such treatment.

I'm not defending trash talk, or even disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that it's not as straightforward as your post may lead people to believe. In the same way that there are people who will be prone to the quick kind of reactions you disapprove of in your post, I find it equally relevant that other members are quick to post arguably elitist "scoldings" to the others. It's just human nature (not that that is a valid excuse for anything/everything). The only truly exempt are those who never post in these kind of threads at all.

And yes, I may totally only be writing this because I feel slighted that I got called out on "trash talking" someone, especially since I didn't look at it that way, but I've never actually seen that guy contribute anything worthwhile to the forums before except to boast about his wife and himself. I guess that's no excuse though, if that is how my actions are interpreted, instead of sympathy directed at Raven and Raina.

Prince Calypso
02-27-2012, 10:07 PM
personally i feel that neither Raina or raven need to justify themselves in the matter. raven was so upset by the situation that she came to one of the few places she felt she could find support. Raina as well. yes there as has been a BIT of trash talking but only to make raven and Raina feel better and let them know that this person is a CODFISH.

i would hate to see raven leave the community now if i have to do some "trash talking" to let her know that so be it. i will support her through this because i believe she is a beautiful person, a wonderful mermaid, and a talented soul. Rain is anything but "white trash" and i will given hell to anyone who says so

i may not know either of these mermaids personally but i wish i did and i want to
and i know jealously when i see it rear it's ugly smiley green head out of the water so i believe that both mermaids are perfectly within their right minds to post what they will about this person and they have gone about doing to in a very mature way.

remember girls just keep swimming. love you both

MermaidRaven
02-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Thank you guys <3

Ive been working a lot and stressed a bit and I normally try to just ignore this sort of thing but I did let it get to me this time. You guys all made me feel super loved and it really did pick me up. I'm very lucky to have so much support<3

Winged Mermaid
02-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Raina and Raven I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening, AGAIN D: I just feel awful about where this latest explosion started. I've never been the tail end of his attacks, at least that I know about (but then again maybe it's better if I didn't know..), but I've been in the middle of a lot of them, mostly here on the forum. The latest wave of attacks and slander seemed completely unprovoked, at least to me. I know he was really worked up about "tail maker politics" but that didn't seem to justify how angry he got. Raven apparently they think you have it out for him. I'm starting to think that this is just a huge misunderstanding, but you communicate so differently that you may not be able to work it out :( It seems every time I see you guys interact there's a misunderstanding or mis-communication. Either way, I don't think that justifies him going around trash talking to everyone. Doing that is WRONG. It doesn't matter if it's you, Raina, Eric, Matty, or whoever!

It seems as soon as he decides he doesn't like something or someone he goes talking trash about it/them to anyone who will listen. Everything is black or white. Even if it's not the topic of conversation he'll throw it in there just becuase. I know for this reason a lot of people just avoid arguing or even talking to him all together, afraid to get on his bad side. I understand his want to have his voice heard on issues, but the way he does it no one wants to listen! Sometimes he really does have his heart in the right place, and has a good message, or at least something good to say. BUT the way he says it, and the way he is nasty and attacking people personally the message not only gets lost but everyone is hurt, angry, and/or offended! I really feel like he's hurting his wife, her friends, and her business. It's not my business but I worry. I just wish he would take a good look at himself and think before he posts. I posed "I think Raina has a valid point though. Just try not to take what she's saying as an attack of any kind and really think about what she's saying. We all love what you and [your wife] do, we don't want to see bitterness turn you into the one thing you never want to be. I know it can be really really hard with all the shit you've been through and seen other people go through, believe me! Just don't let it eat away at you and turn you into something you don't want to be, ok?" and get unfriended for it. This says to me he doesn't WANT to listen, even when you're trying to be a good friend he would rather not be a friend than listen.

At this point if you've tried to talk to him and have a civil conversation about it, and he hasn't listened then unfortunately there's not much else you can do :( Just know that all of us here support you- and frankly are incredibly envious of your talent and awesome life but love you for it and love what you do ;D You should never let someone drag you and your dreams down. I know that's harder said than done when people are so hateful. But truth remains that you are the most amazing mermaid I have ever known, and always doing it for the joy and the art of doing it!

Also if you've gone every other route and he's still bashing you on other people's pages, there is always the report button. I always try and work things out with people if at all possible, and here I am very much about free speech (as long as people follow rules), but there's a certain point when that's all you can do, and if it's clearly bullying then you should report it as such.

Mermaid Star
02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Oh girl! I am sorry. I hope you reported it via facebook. That is no where near appropriate. It is curious that there is a sudden influx of hate from Matty. I wonder what might be the meaning of all of this. I will send you my info via pm when I get chance

merpirate
02-28-2012, 10:00 PM
I am sorry that he has acted this way to you again, and I hope you do report him to local police and facebook. He needs to understand that what he is doing is wrong and

merpirate
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I love your response

Mermaid Star
02-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I was writing this on your wall but the comment thread disappeared. So I will post it here. In regards to your response. "You are such a bigger woman than me. I have a hard time stopping my fingers from typing before I can step away and think. When I get upset on in a fighting mood it takes a while to calm back down. You have an amazing way about you to really come at things with a level head. I really admire that about you."

merpirate
02-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Well it is back now so what ever happened it didn't last

Gem Stone
02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
I am a bit worried about when he said he was going after you and your siren friends... Does that mean us here on this forum?

Mermaid Sirena
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Weird I posted a response last night and apparently it never got through.

The drama llama has reared it's head once more, I fear neither ripe cabbage or smelly socks will work.

Well, the post is completely gone now, did you get a screen shot of the final two messages after your response?

It could of ben that after some time he decided to take the message down himself.

I'm confused what sparked all this, Matty if you're reading this, why?

Mermaid Star
02-29-2012, 06:47 PM
I am very curious about what was said but as you said, it would be a big drama bomb. Now this reminds me... I need to send you my info

Mermaid Star
02-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Sure, why not. LOL I blocked him so I don't see his posts either. :P

Mermaid Star
02-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Do it! Seriously this kid needs to learn that this is not appropriate. Sedn that on over. I would love to see how he is going to find a why to show up...

MermanMatty
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Reading all this makes me THAT much more excited to meet you :) Yayyyyyy! Only a few days now! Ahhhhhh! I can't wait! See you all there!

MermanMatty
02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
You're making such a big deal out of this, I'm not stalking you cuz I am not outside your window (Not something I want to see either way), you put your schedule on a PUBLIC forum, I am interested in meeting a few people other than yourself, because they have been genuine to me not because I want to have choice words with them. And go ahead and get body guards, if I don't initiate with any physical act they can't touch, I know that for sure :) And Go ahead fill out a police report, restraining order, whatever, if I'm there before you you'll have to leave or deal with it. Anywho, I just want to talk to you as a person, if you are the person you say you are then you should be willing to talk, but you're not so you're going to take every precaution to avoid me. But it's ok, I'll somehow manage :)

Mermaid Star
02-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Matty, Sorry to say. But I am pretty sure that after your threats, you will not be welcome. Threats are not accepted by me AT ALL. If this becomes an issue, I will be contacting the local police department to notify them ahead of time of the threats and your plans to be there to realize your threats. Please be adult enough to not force me to do this. I will assume that this is all that needs to be said on the matter.

lasserine
02-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Wow, that is creepy of him...

Talk about stalking.

SireniaSolaris
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
jesus. Few days gone and I come back to KABOOOOOOOOOM! :o

MermanMatty
02-29-2012, 11:43 PM
"I am interested in meeting a few people other than yourself, because they have been genuine to me not because I want to have choice words with them."

I never mention saying that they are from this forum, you may have assumed that, which is fine, but I do not intend on meeting any of your lackeys/slaves or whatever you call your "mermaid" army now a days.

And I still don't understand why you're contacting Eric about me... I am MATTHEW not ERIC, I am not attached to Eric in any other way than the fact that we love each other, his business is COMPLETELY separate from my life, I have a job, I have a life, so what I do on MY TIME is my choice.

And I am not the kind of person to do one thing and say another, I said I will do something, for example, me showing up, it will happen, nothing can be done as it is a public location, and I might just make a party out of it and bring a bunch of girls with me to go swimming that just happen to have tails. I'm gay, I have a female army lol (<<<a joke, not a literal army so you don't feel threatened little princess).

And you may be the kind of person that leads by example but the only example that you are setting is the kind of person people shouldn't be, you will say whatever to whoever to get your way, you say you're a neutral party but you only say that till a "friend" is "screwed over" and then you go on a rampage and complain about that person, and then you claim to remain neutral. Honestly, I think YOU have some personality disorders to go along with your VAST list of disabilities/handicaps.

And when I said I would ruin your days, well I meant it, but mostly only for you, not really anyone else, except star... For SOME reason I just can't find myself to like her... I can't understand why... it just escapes me. (<Note the sarcasm)

And I don't expect you to go back and forth with me, I would like to have a face to face discussion to understand the reasoning behind your stupidity, I can't fathom how a person with "good intentions" can resort to such lowly tactics as to use people to get what they want, you don't care about any of these people, you just want to feel important to someone. This is the only place that you are taken seriously. I can understand your feelings, I was in middle school once too.

And you can talk about art theft all you want, Lorelei's design is amazing! I will not deny that fact, but Eric didn't steal it, I banned the mernetwork from his IP and his personal/business network, so he couldn't have seen the drawing, the only reason I am on this forum right now is because I have my own computer and I have a proxy program that I developed myself. So talk about him taking her design it doesn't bother anyone but probably Lorelei because every time you bring it up she probably gets frustrated again and again. And you're really going to have people report his images over and over again? You may be able to do that while it's a sculpture/mold but once it's completed you're going to lose the ability to report it and have it taken down. Then there will be YouTube videos and a mass of other things to come. (And that's gonna be my new tail :))

Just to reiterate what i stated earlier, Eric is my boyfriend, not my business partner, not my boss, he has no control so if you want to speak with anyone about my actions, talk to me, no one else can stop me from doing what I want.

And I'm sorry if anyone else feels uncomfortable when they see me, it is not my intentions to bother anyone (besides the obvious one person), I do not have anything against anyone (Again, besides the obvious one person) so do not worry I won't, as they say, "bitch" anyone out, when I say I want to talk, that is all I want to do... Talk.

-MATTHEW

MermanMatty
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
And just a side note,

I find it entertaining that you, Raina, and your lackeys don't define what you do as bashing/bullying but people from this network still message me and say that this forum has turned into nothing but a "Bash the Mertailor" forum, it just makes my day.

That is all.

_Matt_

Odette
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
And just a side note,

I find it entertaining that you, Raina, and your lackeys don't define what you do as bashing/bullying but people from this network still message me and say that this forum has turned into nothing but a "Bash the Mertailor" forum, it just makes my day.

That is all.

_Matt_

merman matty, you have a point!! we really shouldnt share our conflicts like that. its just not going to get anywhere.
but your attitude isnt helping either. everyone needs to be neutral now,k? everyone

MermanMatty
03-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Odette, I understand where you're coming from but Raina and I have had that conversation and we always end up here, she says she is going to unbiased and kind to all, and then when they opportunity arises she bashes Eric and pushes others problems aside to make the focus on her. An example is: Raven posted about issues she was having and here comes Raina posting and then the thread wasn't about Raven anymore, it turned into everyone talking about how good of a mermaid Raina is... how the F*$% does that happen? She is self centered and to put it frankly her ego has gotten to big for her britches. She thinks that she has followers, as in cult followers. That's not healthy. She may not admit it but a reliable source tells me that she referred to all of you as her "Army". Who does that????

I wish that this forum wasn't a bash Eric or bash "The Mertailor" forum, I wish it was just people coming together to talk about fun things in there life, where they draw inspiration to keep living life from day to day, things of the sort. But no one ever lets that happen.

And have you noticed that whenever someone says something Raina is the first to bring up Eric or "The Mertailor", and then here comes a horde of lackeys to bash Eric alongside their ringleader... it's ridiculous. People from this forum know it but are either too afraid of being shunned from a community that they find comfortable or just want to stay out it, which is why they message me in private and tell me these things. I have about 5 people who have done so, I will not name them because I do not wish to throw the courageous into a fire pit, they trusted me by PM me so I will keep it as such.

Odette, I do wish that it was that easy but Raina will never ease off, it is her only thing that gets people fired up and coming back to her side. And she knows drama is the only way to keep peoples attention, hence almost every television channel having soap operas now a days.

_Matty_

taom
03-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Ok, look. I don't really know what is going on nor do I care. However, Matt, if you want to make your point do so with civil words. Your hostility really isn't going to get you anywhere. It will only serve to make people more angry with you and Eric (because, despite what you say, you are inexplicably linked especially since you have commented on his behalf before) and your meaning and message will get lost in the unnecessary emotion. If whatever this is really bothers you, then stop coming on the forum and commenting. Pretend we don't exist. Carry on with your life and don't let crap bother you. Because you are seriously harming this group by your talk and there is no place for such things here. Seriously, be a bigger person and walk away.

I would also like to add that your point about Raina turning everything into a discussion about her is invalid as every time you post, the topic of the thread becomes focused on you and Eric.

MermanMatty
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM
You make a valid point Taom, but people came to me and told me about the things that were being said, I didn't look on here before then which is why I was gone from this forum, but people always come around and tell me or give me a heads up about what's to come, and it is wrong of Raina to speak unjustly about someone when she does not know any more information than an innocent bystander, No one would ever allow such things to be said about the person they love and no one would allow a person to tarnish the reputation that that person has worked their life to build. You know I am right, when you find that one person that makes me whole and you finally find yourself, and then here comes a person to try to ruin them, that can potentially take that person from you, situations like these can change a person and take that person away from me. I won't allow that. I am sorry.

In a perfect world I could do it but I won't lose him, especially to someone as absurd as a wanna be mermaid. (not a kick at Raina, we're all wanna be mermaids, even myself). It may be a job, because I get booked for aquatic performances but it doesn't make us anymore of a mermaid.

Odette
03-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Ok, look. I don't really know what is going on nor do I care. However, Matt, if you want to make your point do so with civil words. Your hostility really isn't going to get you anywhere. It will only serve to make people more angry with you and Eric (because, despite what you say, you are inexplicably linked especially since you have commented on his behalf before) and your meaning and message will get lost in the unnecessary emotion. If whatever this is really bothers you, then stop coming on the forum and commenting. Pretend we don't exist. Carry on with your life and don't let crap bother you. Because you are seriously harming this group by your talk and there is no place for such things here. Seriously, be a bigger person and walk away.

I would also like to add that your point about Raina turning everything into a discussion about her is invalid as every time you post, the topic of the thread becomes focused on you and Eric.

THIS is wrong too.toam, your ganging up on matty.your opinion is valued,hun..

its between raina and matty. all of these messages should now be between matty and raina. i see this as your'e both causing problems AND being the solution. now PM eachother, please?
your'e all good people from what im reading. this shouldn't be such an issue.

NerineArcticMermaid
03-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Im not an admin but this is NOT what this thread was created for. If your not discussing Rainas up coming trip... as in your going as part of her privately invited group.. then take your business else where.

This drama has already invaded one thread. We dont need in here as well.

*Now back to your regualrly schedule thread chat*

Raina dear I do hope you have a wonderful time in Florida! I so wish I could join you but just like you I only had one trip in the budget. Momma won out this time. I hope you plan another trip down here next year! :) Take an extra swim in that tail for me :D

Mermaid Luna
03-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Nerine has an excellent point. If you have beef with someone on the site, fine, whatever. KEEP IT PRIVATE. This thread is about what the title of the thread says it's about. All other talk should go into the appropriate area, section, and thread on the other parts of the forum. And these flame wars have got to stop (and I'm talking flaming as in basically yelling at each other, just so I'm not taken the wrong way =) ). They're pointless, and just create more unnecessary drama.

That being said, Raina, if you ever on your way back find yourself in Michigan, let Sirena and I know! We'd love to hang out!

Odette
03-01-2012, 02:49 AM
Nerine has an excellent point. If you have beef with someone on the site, fine, whatever. KEEP IT PRIVATE. This thread is about what the title of the thread says it's about. All other talk should go into the appropriate area, section, and thread on the other parts of the forum. And these flame wars have got to stop (and I'm talking flaming as in basically yelling at each other, just so I'm not taken the wrong way =) ). They're pointless, and just create more unnecessary drama.

That being said, Raina, if you ever on your way back find yourself in Michigan, let Sirena and I know! We'd love to hang out!
i said the beef part.lol

Mermaid Luna
03-01-2012, 03:06 AM
Here's my two cents: Raven? Raina? You're both amazing, gorgeous, phenomenally talented and kind young ladies who are true staples and mentors to this community. I've adored both of you for years before getting my chance to don a tail as well, and I'll adore you for years to come. Keep doing what you do with passion and joy, and help bring smiles to others' faces. <3

Everyone else? I'm not a fan of drama, politics, all that jazz. Never have been. Blame the insanely sensitive empath wiring in me. The way I see it, in order to prevent ourselves from creating even more drama by even inadvertently flaming or bashing other people in the community, if threads like this are started where someone vents because they've been trying so hard and are hurting and just need to get something off their chest, the BEST thing we can do is show our support by posting positive, uplifting comments as to how we think and feel about them, and just leave alone the subject of whoever hurt them save for saying something along the lines of, "That wasn't very nice. I'm sorry they hurt you like that." And leave it at that.

:)

At the end of the day, we're all human, with our own individuality and passions and flaws. Accept that for what it is, maybe cry a little if you need it (it actually does make you feel better), eat some chocolate, and then go do what makes you feel happy - read, listen to music, paint, draw...whatever helps you de-stress and acquire a positive outlook on yourself and others again. You are ALL lovely, amazing people whom I am proud to call part of my community, and who I enjoy spending time with. Remember that. :) <3

Princess Kae-Leah
03-01-2012, 03:58 AM
This Person really has me concerned, to be honest. First he's lashed out at Raina, then Raven, who's next, me? Like Iona/WM said, I would certainly never want to get on this guy's bad side, as the concept of disagreeing something respectfully seems completely lost on him.

MermaidSaku
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
> :O there has been drama? wow i feel like i've been missing everything

MermanMatty
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
We'll see :) I've made accommodations for such situations I'll see you in about 2 weeks! :) Still super excited! :)

lasserine
03-01-2012, 01:19 PM
We'll see :) I've made accommodations for such situations I'll see you in about 2 weeks! :) Still super excited! :)

She said a bunch of times to just leave her alone. Are you really that dense? Just leave her alone will you already?

AniaR
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
you ladies are wonderful! <3 I am hoping this is all over for both of us :)

Mermaid Luna
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I also feel like pointing something VERY CRITICAL out to all of you: if someone makes any kind of threat to you, saying they're going to show up where you are, or even if they just keep following you around online when you specifically tell them not to, it's considered stalking. By the American government. Cyberstalking is just as real as normal, "I'm in yo bushes" stalking.
I've had to deal with cyberstalking from an ex, and it's totally not cool. It makes you feel worried and unsafe to say things no matter how private you make a page or online profile. If someone tells/asks you to leave them alone, in real life and/or online, then just respect their wishes. :)

And please note, this isn't an attack against anyone on this forum, regardless of anything that's ever been said. I just wanted to inform y'all from my situation's experience. ^_^

Gem Stone
03-02-2012, 09:33 AM
How did this all get started again? What first happened on both sides to cause this disagreement? I don't want to hear everything that followed except for the very first thing that started this. Anyone?

Alveric
03-02-2012, 12:16 PM
I've been staying out of this cause I really don't have a dog in this fight. I can see things escalating out of hand, however.

I'm not a lawyer, but my profession causes me to be familiar with the law. Matty, if you persist on doing what you intend...well you'd best have a lawyer and bail money handy.

Having said that, isn't it time for people to just back away and take a deep breath before the merely stupid becomes the tragic and life-changing?

Alveric

Gem Stone
03-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Pls forget my earlier comment. I was just being a bit too curious. Curiousity killed the cat.

Moonflower
03-03-2012, 01:35 PM
There is so many better things we could all be putting this time and energy into... Human rights, animal conservation, etc... Heck, even reading a book is a better use of our time. We need to stop attacking one another and find a way to put aside our differences. Not everyone is going to like everyone else or what they do 100% of the time, and that's really okay. It does not need to be defended, it does not need to be addressed, it simply needs to be.

If you're having a hard time letting go, just repeat to yourself "It is what it is" and move on. It is no one's place in this world to play Dolores Umbridge to their Harry Potter.

Lotus
03-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Raina, I'm sorry you have had to alter your life and schedule in such a dramatic way. Matty, I'm sorry you feel like what people have said and how they feel (true or not) have led you to believe that what you are saying and planning on doing ok. Is Eric really this important to you? Are you like this on your own? It's kinda scary, man... I got into mermaiding because I love it and it makes me feel whole and happy and satisfied and here's all this horse-shit and it makes me sick. If you hate Raina so much, Matty, block her, stop trolling her page and go on with your life. That goes for everyone else who challenges you idea of how things are and should be. You have GOT to understand that no matter who you are what you do, someone out there is going to have an issue with you or someone you love and if you allow the issues to escalate like this, you ruin your own life.... you could even ruin someone else's who you don't mean to.... Just pick up a gossip magazine if you don't believe how people in the public eye come under scrutiny (and usually negative at that)
Raina, and everyone else affected by this- I pray for your safety and peace and I sincerely hopes that this all smoothes out quickly, maturely and without incident.
MUCH LOVE

Blondie
03-18-2012, 11:15 PM
If found this video of a mermaid's commentary on their tail.

And I saw these comments from the Mertailor...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/Sliver_Shine29/merage.png

Lol you mad bro?

Kanti
03-18-2012, 11:58 PM
I just commented on that video xD
Can you guys upvote it? lmao

Mermaid Momo
03-19-2012, 12:01 AM
whoa! he really posted that?! maybe it wasn't him...or maybe he wasnt thinking when he posted it? like a if i dont do anything now it'll be bad kind of commenting?

Blondie
03-19-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm half tempted to make a topic on his classified page with this picture...

merpirate
03-19-2012, 12:52 AM
which video did he post that on?

Kanti
03-19-2012, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oH2VP2TMmc
This one

merpirate
03-19-2012, 01:28 AM
I think it is funny that this video is son old byut he still rant and raves about it. More so I wonder who removed so many of his comments

Kanti
03-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Well when you youtube "mertailor" that's one of the top videos, so I'm sure it really ticks him off
that this is what people see when they try and search him up. And it's not very flattering.

Blondie
03-19-2012, 02:11 AM
And he wonders why so many people dislike him...

-Annwyn-
03-19-2012, 02:16 AM
:doh:I am sick of all this talk about the Mertailor. iBlondie, they've been bagging out the Mertailor for over a year now so much that it's now bordering on obsession. So he and she may/may not have had an altercation. So what?! I wasn't there, you weren't there. If it has nothing to do you (or me for that matter), then why are you kicking the proverbial horse that died some time ago? Let it go already!

"But Aela, the Mertailor totally shafted her and he's a baaaadddd mmmaaaaannnnn ZOMG!!!11!!!1one" I know already. And this story keeps getting told and reminisced over and over and over because nobody here can simply move on with their lives - they need this old drama cos' they have nothing else. They certainly don't want to try and repair the friendship with Eric or Matt, no, because they would have to swallow some pride.

"But Aela, you can't talk about her that way!!!1111" I'm not, I'm attacking the situation. I think the situation is utter bullshark. I think it's immature and tasteless to verbalise, on a continual basis, in such an enthusiastic manner just how they got a bad product. To mention it once, is one thing, but to mention it over and over and over again is another.

"But Aela, you can't Police us if we wanna talk trash about Mertailor". True, but I can tell you to grow up, I can tell you that you weren't there at the time, I can advise you to seek the Mertailors side of the story, I can tell you to be rational and have at least some iota of forgiveness in your body. I can understand how she's been upset a long time ago, but it takes two to tango, and there's been a lot more trash talk about Eric than I suggest is necessary.

The fact is, good news - Raina has a new tail now that WASN'T made by the Mertailor! She's verbalised her frustration (ad nauseum) and now she can move on with her life, and hopefully, just maybe, we all can too.

What I would ultimately like to see is Raina and the Mertailor making friends again. If they cannot, then I would like to see Raina build a proverbial bridge and move on. I challenge you to think of a more reasonable ending. It's not a lot to ask.

Blondie
03-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Edit: I have been around for yeeeaaars. Let me tell you, I've been here for a loong time. I've just been a lurker and haven't made an account until recently. I've got the story. I promise you I know a lot about this.

Whoa whoa whoa Aela,

I'm not attacking the Mertailor number one. I was just stumbling on youtube and I saw his comments on this video.

I for one am just UPSET that he has the nerve to say that to someone. Even if you don't like someone, it's overly childish to get up and say that to someone and the fact that he did it over the computer is just pitiful, if he had a serious issue, he would pick up the phone and talk to the person like an adult. People wouldn't be so upset with him if he didn't act like a, forgive me, ass to his costumers.

I mean seriously, "ARE YOU JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE YOU CANNOT AFFORD ONE OF MY PRODUCTS." Like...Every little thought of me getting a Mertailor's tail in the future was just tossed away. I do not want to associate myself with anyone who teases someone because of their economic position. Eric needs to understand that little kids are on youtube making mean comments. Even adults are. But that is NOT how you handle it.

You can ignore it, or polity ask for them to stop. It's not that hard...He has a lot of growing up to do. I would love to see Raina and Eric be friends too. But I can't blame her. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who acts like that. He needs to grow up a little and fix some personality things first...

Aradia
03-19-2012, 03:48 AM
If the Mertailor is saying these things in a public place then I think we have every right to analyze him.

This is my first post on the matter and while Raina's troubles with her tail highlighted flaws in their design I have also had first hand inspection of his work. If I did purchase a tail costing several thousand dollars from a country hundreds of miles away I would like to know the experiences of other clients.

This is the primary reason we review, we rate and test.

Kanti
03-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Mmm I dunno. Aela may be right.
While it is.. 'interesting' how he responds to negative feedback on his work I don't think it's really NEWS FLASH worthy.
It does seem a bit obsessive when people are scouting his every move and update.
He doesn't seem like a very nice person.. But I guess everytime I see more of what he does or what he says I just
get annoyed and want him to stop being mean/childish/etc. but the more I read about him the less I think it's ever
going to happen.

I felt better when I was oblivious to all his updates.

-Annwyn-
03-19-2012, 04:08 AM
I would love to see Raina and Eric be friends too. But I can't blame her. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who acts like that. He needs to grow up a little and fix some personality things first...

Honestly between Raina and Eric it's a case of the pot now calling the kettle black. Eric may have screwed up, but Raina's not exactly being gracious about it. And it all happened what, 2 years ago? Move on, I say.

Nate Walis
03-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Seems to me that the very best way to rubberstamp and encourage a person to be an arsehole is to object to people objecting to his being an arsehole.

-Annwyn-
03-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Seems to me that the very best way to rubberstamp and encourage a person to be an arsehole is to object to people objecting to his being an arsehole.

I am not being held responsible for Raina's actions, nor anyone elses. But as I am privvy to them, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that enough is enough and to let bygones be bygones. If Raina insists on being an arsehole, as you have so aptly coined it Nate, then so be it, but I'm sick of putting up with it.

Artisankatie
03-19-2012, 07:51 AM
I read Mertailor being the arsehole in that sentence, and nothing to do with Raina :/ How did you get Raina out of it?
'The best way to encourage Mertailor to be an arsehole is to object to people who object to Mertailor being an arsehole.' Ie, by lecturing people you're inadvertently supporting Mertailor.
I'd go one further than say if you don't like it, don't read it - if you hate MerNetwork so much, don't use it.

merpirate
03-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Aela, I think you have missed something here. the Video that we are talking about was not uploaded by Raina. Everyone on this thread right not who has responded to it has not been Raina. I personally don't like Eric, but that is because how he treated my friends BEFORE I ever even heard of Raina. I try very hard to not bash him though but even I have to admit that him ranting recently is a bit much. Now you say we are being childish and yes even I can agree to that to some point, but your rant seems more directed at Raina than us, telling her to move on and to let it go when she hasn't been a part of this thread in any way save to have been mentioned by name. Hell if you watched the video you would know she isn't even in it. You commented on the video I noticed, saying people were being harsh to be carrying on. Don't you see that is the point that was being made here? (At least to me) It wasn't the video, it was the fact that Eric was still carrying on on something this old. He was the reason it got mentioned again here in this thread started. The comments he made were only a few hours old. No one here was saying anything before he posted those comments. More than likely no one would have started this thread if he hadn't. SO he got a bad review and some one felt the need to point out mistakes made. So what? As Matty is always trying to say he is human. Humans make mistakes. I think and I would say this to Eric if I could, that he need to A) admit he makes mistakes and try to fix them and B) let the past mistakes go and not rant at people like he did in those comments and finally C) Just honestly try to improve how he does business. Now C is how I feel about all businesses. Not just his.

Prince Calypso
03-19-2012, 08:19 AM
here we go again... *sigh*
Eric is a jerk we all know this. im not at all surprised he went Mer-zerk on YouTube or at his language.
i say we just stop posting anything to do with him, even slights about his tails
it only add fuel to the fire that already a raging inferno.
let just turn our back on this whole mertailor Bullshit and swim away on to bigger and better thing.

HEY, LIKE MERMAID PLANS FOR SPRING BREAK FISHES!!!!
( and incase no one has noticed i use the term fishes to replace the gay slang bitches. im so clever):yay:

Nate Walis
03-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I just think it's odd to start a tirade against the sight of yet another thread bashing the guy and mentioning previous spats and rants around here as weight for your argument when, as Merpirate points out, this is another person entirely venting their anger at the same guy. It's pretty much saying that as one person has had a long-standing vendetta around here aimed at the guy, other people who feel he's wronged them should shut their mouth and make nicey nicey with him.

Surely the most logical thing to do would be to approach each person's supposed grudge against the guy on it's own merits rather than simply posting and telling them to desist because you're tired of hearing about the actions of the person they have an issue with and feel they need to warn people about?

Anyway, that's me out of this one.

SireniaSolaris
03-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Aela, I try to have a very neutral position on this particular disagreement. I am not Raina, and I am not Eric, and I was not directly affected by what happened there. That being said, it seems to me that your position is bent on attacking Raina. She has NOTHING to do with this in any way, shape, or form. She did not start the thread, did not post the video, and did not even comment on the thread, yet you are throwing her name around. What the heck?

This thread was made in reference to comments made only hours ago BY eric, using profanity at someone and bashing their economic situation. As a business owner, I would NEVER dream of acting like that, representing my business. And perhaps he did, indeed, catch himself, as it seems he removed his comments, and if he did that, then at least he is growing enough to catch himself in rages and correct those outbursts.

Personally, based on what I witnessed over the years, it seems to me that Eric is a fairly bright, and creative person who wished to go into business doing something he loves, but perhaps without the best business sense. As business grew, mistakes were bound to happen. People are human. Not everything will be perfect. However, it seems to be that there was a rather large ego present, and so rather than trying to fix those mistakes, he took no accountability and put down the people who were on the receiving end of these mess ups. Over time, this created much bad publicity, and then it seemed that perhaps began bringing him to his senses - he seemed to finally be trying to take an interest in fixing wrongs and trying to make everyone happy. But then there have also been some more recent reports of unhappy customers which again has people questioning things. This is simply my observation from over time.

Personally, I'd love to talk to him in person. I would like to see his products up close - see what his tails in the making for "common people" look like IRL. I have questions, as I would for every tail maker. Ask Jesse. I think I gave him a small book of questions before trying out the tail he made. I thought that perhaps when Eric appeared at the springs last Friday, that he might say hello and introduce himself to us mers who were present. But, it appeared he was simply looking for someone, didn't see them, and left. So as of yet, I have never even met him - I just know what I have witnessed over a very long span of time. It has nothing to do with Raina. There have been MANY reviews - not just on the forums (yuku was there before this one). Based on what I have seen from everywhere, I believe Eric is slowly growing and maturing and through the events that have taken place, he is slowly but surely gaining a better business sense that may one day appeal to most everyone. For now, he seems to still be in the growing phase, and it can be a little scary to try dealing with someone without that great of a business and customer service head.

Raina has nothing to do with this image of Eric. He created it for himself with comments like the ones that this thread was created to address. Raina was not here and she has nothing to do with this. You really need to cool it and stop bringing her into everything that Eric is mentioned in. I've agreed with you on most of your "let there be peace" stands, but in this case, by bring her upand alledging that she is acting an arse, I think you've managed to make yourself look like the arse here. :-\

I hope this does not create a bridge between us. I don't want a conflict with me or any mers. I just really think you need to take a step back and let your anti-raina campaign cool down because you are bringing it into places it has no business being in. This thread is about Eric, not Raina.

>end rant<

-Annwyn-
03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Aela, I try to have a very neutral position on this particular disagreement. I am not Raina, and I am not Eric, and I was not directly affected by what happened there. That being said, it seems to me that your position is bent on attacking Raina. She has NOTHING to do with this in any way, shape, or form. She did not start the thread, did not post the video, and did not even comment on the thread, yet you are throwing her name around. What the heck?

This thread was made in reference to comments made only hours ago BY eric, using profanity at someone and bashing their economic situation. As a business owner, I would NEVER dream of acting like that, representing my business. And perhaps he did, indeed, catch himself, as it seems he removed his comments, and if he did that, then at least he is growing enough to catch himself in rages and correct those outbursts.

Personally, based on what I witnessed over the years, it seems to me that Eric is a fairly bright, and creative person who wished to go into business doing something he loves, but perhaps without the best business sense. As business grew, mistakes were bound to happen. People are human. Not everything will be perfect. However, it seems to be that there was a rather large ego present, and so rather than trying to fix those mistakes, he took no accountability and put down the people who were on the receiving end of these mess ups. Over time, this created much bad publicity, and then it seemed that perhaps began bringing him to his senses - he seemed to finally be trying to take an interest in fixing wrongs and trying to make everyone happy. But then there have also been some more recent reports of unhappy customers which again has people questioning things. This is simply my observation from over time.

Personally, I'd love to talk to him in person. I would like to see his products up close - see what his tails in the making for "common people" look like IRL. I have questions, as I would for every tail maker. Ask Jesse. I think I gave him a small book of questions before trying out the tail he made. I thought that perhaps when Eric appeared at the springs last Friday, that he might say hello and introduce himself to us mers who were present. But, it appeared he was simply looking for someone, didn't see them, and left. So as of yet, I have never even met him - I just know what I have witnessed over a very long span of time. It has nothing to do with Raina. There have been MANY reviews - not just on the forums (yuku was there before this one). Based on what I have seen from everywhere, I believe Eric is slowly growing and maturing and through the events that have taken place, he is slowly but surely gaining a better business sense that may one day appeal to most everyone. For now, he seems to still be in the growing phase, and it can be a little scary to try dealing with someone without that great of a business and customer service head.

Raina has nothing to do with this image of Eric. He created it for himself with comments like the ones that this thread was created to address. Raina was not here and she has nothing to do with this. You really need to cool it and stop bringing her into everything that Eric is mentioned in. I've agreed with you on most of your "let there be peace" stands, but in this case, by bring her upand alledging that she is acting an arse, I think you've managed to make yourself look like the arse here. :-\

I hope this does not create a bridge between us. I don't want a conflict with me or any mers. I just really think you need to take a step back and let your anti-raina campaign cool down because you are bringing it into places it has no business being in. This thread is about Eric, not Raina.

>end rant<

I don't have any agenda against Raina, just the absolute contempt that the forum seems to have over Eric and Matty, which appears to be chaired by Raina. I'll say it again, I don't hate Raina, just the idea of promoting her dislike for other people in the Mer-scene on this forum. I don't have this 'anti-Raina campaign' that you say I have in my sights. I'm against the never ending backlash about the Eric and Matty, be it by Raina or anyone else. I suggest you go back and really read my posts again very carefully. I have stated that I am not attacking Raina, just her actions.

Kanti
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
here we go again... *sigh*
Eric is a jerk we all know this. im not at all surprised he went Mer-zerk on YouTube or at his language.
i say we just stop posting anything to do with him, even slights about his tails
it only add fuel to the fire that already a raging inferno.
let just turn our back on this whole mertailor Bullshit and swim away on to bigger and better thing.

This

If you guys really wanna make Eric rage then don't pay attention to him.
It's not our duty to warn every single person about his bad business practices. There's more than enough information
out there to make people think twice about getting a tail, so if they don't that's just their business gamble.

SireniaSolaris
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
But there are no actions here! None!

Bringing her up has zero point other than to include her in something she has nothing to do with. This thread also has nothing to do with Matty. I don't think this forum is out to bring anyone down either. Did you not read the comments made in the screen shot? If not, do it - it's not that it is him saying it. I can tell you 100% that in the years I've been following everything to do with mermaids and a growing community, I have NEVER seen anyone in this community act that way and talk like that! Again, I applaud him for catching himself and removing those comments - it shows me that he is growing and maturing and really making an effort to conduct himself more professionally. And if he continues to do so, I think that will really start to prove things to everyone.

Matty I hadn't seen too much from. But what I did see actually scared me. He was hell bent on STALKING a person and voiced a malicious intent. I don't care who it is or in what community, I want NOTHING to do with people like that. Someone like that, god forbid you piss them off - who knows what they might do? It's best to just never become associated with such instability. And again, my conclusion came 100% from the image he painted of himself. Nothing at ALL to do with Raina.

She is not chairing anything. She does not run any campaign against Eric. She did not post that youtube video. She is not promoting a dislike for anyone here. Heck, when I met her on Thurs, Eric NOR Matty came up ONCE in conversation. She just wants to do her thing. If someone has a bad experience (and it has happened several times), she tries to aid them or advise them based on a similar experience she went through. I have done and would do the same for people I care for. Doesn't mean I'm against anyone.

As I said, I see ways in which I believe Eric is growing and bettering himself. Action will prove me right or wrong. Action will prove him to be a good businessman with good ethics and products, or another Adam. He alone will prove himself. Since he did catch his mistake in calling someone horrible names, I think the screen shot should be deleted from here as well. He removed it, no need to preserve that image.

From what I've seen, Raina has grown past what happened, but will always be willing to help a mer who has been duped - whether by him or someone else. I hope you eventually realize this.

My hopes is that in another year or 3, we can all (Eric included) look back on stuff like this and laugh about it as friends. It would be nice for there to be at least one community where EVERYONE can thrive and be unified in spite of individual differences. That's my thought on this.

Maple
03-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I am absolutely floored by your response Raina. Well said, well said.

Blondie
03-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Raina, let me say I agree with Maple. That was the most amazing response. I completely agree with you and Sirenia's opinion.

Let me start off with an apology Raina, I remember seeing this video when you did first post it way back when. I thought this was the same one. I didn't even look at the username on the youtube channel because it just resembled yours and I didn't think twice. So I'll edit my post to take you out of it. I really just thought it was your first video. Sorry! I really do look up to you so I would never want to pick a fight! :doh:

Second, if Eric really does want to take his business serious again and want customers, he needs to change his attitude. I posted this picture on the Mernetwork because I want to show people this who they're buying a tail from. I don't care if there are topics and topics and TOPICS about how the Mertailor did this and he did that... We aren't stalking him and waiting for him to trip up. He is, like the others said, bringing this on himself. He, in my eyes, seems like a greedy business owner. He's stolen ideas from others and ripped people off. I know people make mistakes and that a bad tail can happen every now and then. But it is better for him to accept his mistakes an correct them for the customer instead of saying "Oh well you must of measured wrong." or "You must of damaged it." Pointing fingers at others and saying they are the ones who caused his mistakes is just unethical. How can he expect to gain more customers when he treats them so poorly?

And if you are investing that much money into something. You really do expect it to come out as nice as it can. Not something that's been thrown together with in a few weeks and it takes months to ship out. Quality matters in this. No one would mind such a long wait if the product was going to come out the way they paid it to be. But when someone sends you a half-assed costume, it's going to come back at you. They will be upset that it's not what they paid for.

Prince Calypso
03-20-2012, 01:12 AM
i'm not saying people don't have the right to voice their opinions or to speak they're minds
i'm simply saying that this is the third or fourth thread dedicated to ranting about him,
the most active threads by the way

nor am i defending him or anything in the slightest

i'm simply saying (and this si something my mother told me when i was younger)
when you continually talk about a person who has done you wrong it gives them power over you.

if eric fucks up someone's tail they have ever right and honestly should post about it
if he steals someone's idea then it should be brought up and discussed

but other than that why even bother mentioning someone so low rent.

green52
03-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah. No one is really defending him: its just that it seems like we have so many threads to talk about how we are totally over this and how he really just likes being talked about and the best revenge would be to ignore him...

Enough.

Prince Calypso
03-20-2012, 02:24 AM
Yeah. No one is really defending him: its just that it seems like we have so many threads to talk about how we are totally over this and how he really just likes being talked about and the best revenge would be to ignore him...

Enough.

agreed

Theta
03-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Eric gets talked about on these boards because (whether people like it or not) he's a big name mer. Due to the nature of his place in the mermaiding community at large, people are going to talk about him. New threads will pop up all the time because not only is he a BNM, his actions sometimes create drama, and everyone wants to throw their two cents in. It's the internet. That's how it goes.

Aela, if you've read through all the drama from start to finish (like a lot of us here have) they you know that Raina has never been anything but civil about her entire experience. She posted a detailed review, answers questions in regards to her experience when they come up, and offers information when she feels it would be helpful. Because she's another BNM, her reviews and replies will always be more in the spotlight than some people's are. Just because she's more visible than a lot of other mers doesn't mean that she's a jerk. You should stop treating her like one.

Merman_Ryan
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
and the drama continues......sigh.

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Ryan I was also about to comment that the Drama Llama strikes again ^_^

Theta
03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Ryan I was also about to comment that the Drama Llama strikes again ^_^

I think it's kind of inherent in mermaid societies, tbh ;) (You know, a little bit less 'peace love and i'm a fairy that twinkles from flower to flower' and a little bit more 'GIVE ME THAT MIRROR FISHHEAD, I'M PRETTIER!!!!" kind of way.)

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Oh goodness I can totally see a pair of mermaids doing that, I don't know why but it conjures up the seagulls from Finding Nemo screaming MINE MINE MINE :P

Mermaid Lorelei
03-20-2012, 07:05 PM
How odd. The video was blocked.

Mermaid Lorelei
03-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Well, I hope he knows what he's doing then.

Kanti
03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Hmm.. Yea essentially it was a video review, the videos used weren't even his.

I don't see how that's grounds to have it removed o_O
It'd be like some company having all negative reviews/videos of their products removed.

Oh well, even if it does go, I'm glad I got the chance to see that video.
It helped me reconsider buying a tail.

Mer Vee
03-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I hope Eric realizes, how serious it is to make a claim, as the law can actually come back at you (they tell you directly when you try to make a claim if you're making it as harassment in false) but claiming against something you hold no copyright to.Eric finally having a working grasp of IP law?? Nope just Chuck Testa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs), with the most reasonable facsimiles of actual legal concepts anywhere.

Well, I hope he knows what he's doing then.Is that a skillful practitioner of public relations in action? Nope! Chuck Testa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs)!

It's been a while. I'll just leave this here (http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l636/Mer-Vee/?action=view&current=HitlerHatesTheRecentExpansionOfCompetition InTheMer.mp4).

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I see the 'translation' has been updated sense last I saw it, oh lordy the reactions are going to be interesting.

Mer Vee
03-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I see the 'translation' has been updated sense last I saw it, oh lordy the reactions are going to be interesting.Really? I haven't touched it

Mermaid Sirena
03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
I know there was one before but I could of sworn it said some slightly different stuff and was around before network back on yuku.... Please don't tell me my memory is really that bad.

Prince Calypso
03-20-2012, 11:46 PM
it's not, it's still there at the 51 second mark :p Mer Vee I gotta admit, this whole time I thought you were Chris :p I guess not! Curiouser and curiouser. So, aside from general mertailor rage, I say we hijack this thread for various fun memes like the above. Personally, I just discovered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCSBoOcGFFE&amp;feature=relmfu

Seconded and Agreed
HERE HERE!!

green52
03-21-2012, 01:59 AM
Oh my god that is amazing. Are those the same people as Autotune the News? I tried to find out before asking, but its still unclear.

I love autotune the news.

Have you guys seen Bad Lip Reading? They are hilarious. They do both songs and sound bytes of politicians, and since I can't decide which is funnier, I'll go with this one, which has both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehYoIKTsiV0&list=UU67f2Qf7FYhtoUIF4Sf29cA&index=8&feature=plcp

Theta
03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BdyIGtYcg

Most random thing I've seen this week. (SFW- I have no idea what the title has to do with anything!)

ShyMer
03-21-2012, 10:52 AM
I think that last one scared me a little. Normally I like the random stuff, but something about that creeped me out... Maybe it's her weird expressions.

shimmygoddess
03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
WOW is all I have to say. As a newbie who does not know anyone here or the history, the posts he made on that video were downright disrespectful and unprofessional! That is the whole point of this post right? And that goes for ANYONE who would have made those rude comments. There is no excuse. PERIOD!! If he wants to have a successful business, he needs to show respect to others. He sounds very immature and I hope he gets his act together..and SOON!

Mermaid Lorelei
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Sorry, but this kind of made me laugh...

merpirate
03-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Me too

Alveric
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Ironic that this turned up next to the candy sushi thread.

Alveric

Mermaid Lorelei
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
XD

OrcaMatt
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow, what'd I do?

ShyMer
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow, we're all backstabbing liars? Yeesh.

I'm quite happy here, actually. I've learned a lot and gotten to know people I never would have met otherwise.

Maple
03-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Harsh generalizations there girlfriend! I think someone is bitter that nobody decided that your ass was worth kissing; I guess we're not all mindless 'yes-men'! I'm sure your poor ego just couldn't handle it, hence your very graceful exit message. Anyways, here's a NSFW parting gift for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g9n3aM0HkM&amp;ob=av3e

Don't let the door hit you on the fluke on your way out!

Aradia
03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry we didn't obey your wishes Aela, I shall hang my tail in shame.
As a side note, i'm fairly sure the professionals who have decided to leave this forum did so with dignity and grace. Polite, graceful mermaids... who would've ever have thought!

Gem Stone
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Is there really that much drama that you choose to leave? We have drama threads, yes. But it's YOUR choice to read them. %90 (just a rough estimate) of the threads here are about helping other mers with mer related problems. Building tails, swimming, bubble rings, and good things that happen for some like the water festival or getting some media time. If you don't like the drama, don't read it.
All the same, I'm sorry you're leaving (at least for that reason)

Nate Walis
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I was trying to resist the temptation to post on this thread, but the slew of like-minded posters has changed my mind.

Over the past few days it seemed to me that the OP had been on something of a rampage through threads that were attempts for other users to have their 100% legitimate opinions heard and responded to by their fellow forum members.

This person's responses seemed to be uniformly both arrogant and dismissive, stating that they should drop their point of view and simply walk away from what for them were serious issues for them, for no other reason than the OP was getting tired of reading them.

At no time did they exercise their ability stay out of the debate or simply not read responses that they disagreed with, instead they waded in and belittled others while at the same time hurling accusations with crazy abandon.

I for one have found none of the things that the OP accuses this forum of to be true and find their comments both ridiculous and annoying.

The bizzare act of accusing people of being "yes men" simply because they fail to side with the OP really is the crowning glory of the whole self-righteous rant.

But then we can say what we want about the OP, because they've vowed not to read this thread or forum anymore!

Toxotes
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Such kind of thread openings are almost usual in most forums.

Yawn.

Odette
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm leaving Mernetwork. This place is poorly administered, severely biased, and favour given to the bureaucratic few who want to rule over their sycophants. I didn't come here to look for a leader, I came here to discuss mermaiding and meet like-minded people. Instead, all I have seen is bitching, backstabbing and lies. Every real professional I know no longer has /never has /doesn't want to have anything to do with this place. It's an absolute cancer on the internet and you all make me ashamed to have even promoted this place in the media in the first place. I am no longer going to waste my time trying to reason with the unreasonable. You clearly want drama to be infected in this forum. I don't. My message was crystal clear; cease the drama and start to get along. How hard is that?! :mad:

The Mernetwork is a playground for childish amateurs to puff up their egos and build a cult-like following of "yes-men". It is not a community. Hopefully one day, someone will read this and realise how true my words are. Until then, I am moving onto bigger and better things and I don't want to be around other who wallow in the negative sides of mermaiding. If you're happy bitching and moaning and groaning and whinging and throwing tantrums then this is the place for you. Personally, I am better than that.

I won't be replying to this or any other thread any more. I won't be responding to private messages either.

-Aela
im sorry you feel that way but it was nice getting to know you. take care

Theta
03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
I think that last one scared me a little. Normally I like the random stuff, but something about that creeped me out... Maybe it's her weird expressions.

But her dance moves are so slick!

(It's totally creepy. But I couldn't stop watching it. Yikes!)

Theta
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM

AniaR
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
O_O cant unsee, Did anyone else wonder occasionally of that was man? o_O

AniaR
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
also that obama thing was freaking hilarious I started crying from laughter hahahaha

Mermaid Lorelei
03-21-2012, 03:47 PM
I think the current admins do a good job of nipping drama when they can, while still allowing for a community where members have freedom of speech. I do not think I could be as fair as they are.
That's very wise of you Raina.

Mermaasai
03-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Mer-zerk

mer-zerk.. teeheeheehee :D

Kanti
03-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Eh maybe she just had sour feelings for a while. Maybe she just never said anything about it and it
all was building up so she just raged out.

I dunno why she said those things, but she must've said it for a reason. Why would someone just
blow up like that? Maybe she just thought something and assumed instead of investigating further.
It happens, either way, she's gone now, no point in calling her out anymore.

I dunno about the whole Raven thing. Everyone seems to know her a whole lot, I've never really had
more than 5 sentences worth of contact with her. I just assume she's a busy person.

happyguava
03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
There are so many things I could say here that I never thought I could before... Instead I'll just say good riddance. MerNetwork has just become a safer and friendlier place.

Mer Vee
03-21-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm leaving Mernetwork. This place is poorly administered, severely biased, and favour given to the bureaucratic few who want to rule over their sycophants. I didn't come here to look for a leader, I came here to discuss mermaiding and meet like-minded people. Instead, all I have seen is bitching, backstabbing and lies. Every real professional I know no longer has /never has /doesn't want to have anything to do with this place. It's an absolute cancer on the internet and you all make me ashamed to have even promoted this place in the media in the first place. I am no longer going to waste my time trying to reason with the unreasonable. You clearly want drama to be infected in this forum. I don't. My message was crystal clear; cease the drama and start to get along. How hard is that?! :mad:

The Mernetwork is a playground for childish amateurs to puff up their egos and build a cult-like following of "yes-men". It is not a community. Hopefully one day, someone will read this and realise how true my words are. Until then, I am moving onto bigger and better things and I don't want to be around other who wallow in the negative sides of mermaiding. If you're happy bitching and moaning and groaning and whinging and throwing tantrums then this is the place for you. Personally, I am better than that.

I won't be replying to this or any other thread any more. I won't be responding to private messages either.

-Aela

Very respectable marks! This, truly, will be the rage quit against which all others will be measured. Let's look at the highlights!

This place is poorly administered, severely biased, and favour given to the bureaucratic few who want to rule over their sycophants.
Are we talking about Mernetwork still or is this Eric's fan page? Bazinga!

Ok, at this point it's clear that Aela's parting curse for us all is exposing a bug in the text box that's making it really difficult to type in non-bold after pasting something in bold.

It's an absolute cancer on the internet and you all make me ashamed to have even promoted this place in the media in the first place.MerNetwork: Worse Than Underground Child Pornography Rings, Illegal Downloading, And Terrorist Sleeper Cells Combined. Quickly, to Cafe Press! I for one would buy a mouse pad with that slogan on!

I don't."So I'm going to do my part by leaving, but not without getting one last fix of sweet, sweet drama."

The Mernetwork is a playground for childish amateurs to puff up their egosSure, go right ahead:

Hopefully one day, someone will read this and realise how true my words are.Nicely done! (At this point it would be appropriate to cut to a vision of a dystopian future, where the last survivors find mernetwork's hard drive among the burnt rubble of a lost civilization, somehow manage to boot it up, and find this post, and realize that Aela indeed was right, if only they had listened, but by now it was too late. The budget doesn't allow for that, however.)

Personally, I am better than that.It's like raaayyy-EEEaaaa-AAAINNneeee (http://youtu.be/Jne9t8sHpUc?t=42s), on your wedding day!

Really, nothing says "I'm too mature to get caught up in 'bitching and moaning and groaning and whinging and throwing tantrums' " better than making a rage quit thread in which you bitch, moan, groan, whinge, and throw a tantrum. Nothing repudiates drama like lovingly crafting what has to be one of the single most dramatic posts in MerNetwork history. The best way to demonstrate that you're the bigger person is clearly to make blanket generalizations condemning hundreds of people who have been nothing but civil and in many cases, actively supportive of you, over your personal beef with a handful. But it's good to know that's just not who you are. You're better than that.

We'll miss you, Aela, whoever the heck you were. Goodnight, sweet prince. :(

That's it, I'm done,
Vee

Though she didn't say so herself, I'm sure that Aela would prefer we no longer inflict our beastly society upon her Facebook page, so if you would just take a moment to un-'Like' it (https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaela), I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Nate Walis
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
But what do I know :P I've got this whole community brainwashed to love me, they never disagree with me, and everyone does what I want!!!! Right guys??... guys...?... uh... *cough* ahem.... T_T

Well, I for one hate you on the principal that the forum needs to be more balanced rather than for a reason that makes sense to me.

Artisankatie
03-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I had to giggle at this whole thread. Us Mermaidens all know from first hand experience that Aela is very good at making people dislike her. While we feel terrible for the other people she's attacked, it's a little bit comforting to know that we weren't the only ones, and that people can see through her saccharine bullcarp.
So thanks for the very welcome lols on the topic, MerNetwork! You're all great.

SweeteSiren
03-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Mer Vee, that was a beautiful eulogy. *sniff*

AniaR
03-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Well, I for one hate you on the principal that the forum needs to be more balanced rather than for a reason that makes sense to me. I am ever so unbalanced. *sniff*

happyguava
03-21-2012, 06:43 PM
I will say one more thing.

Aela, I have been silent about what went on between us and the pain, anger and frustration you caused, because I didn't want it to affect either of us within the mer community. It amuses me that you've let your true colours show even without my help. Laters!

AniaR
03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
certainly let them show when she sent someone after KL :( that was really dumb.

Artisankatie
03-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Mer Vee, after that post... I think... I think I'm in love with you O.O

Mer Vee
03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Don't fall in love with me, Artisankatie. I'm dangerous.

ShyMer
03-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Ha :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
03-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Drat, I think Aela is one of the ones who had a specific idea of what time period/setting the rpg should take place in. Oh well... guess it doesn't matter now that she's on her way out.

By the way, drama is "a composition in verse or prose intended to portray life or character or to tell a story usually involving conflicts and emotions through action and dialogue and typically designed for theatrical performance." Referring to petty, tawdry spats as drama is vastly overemphasizing their importance and meaning.

I have to say, though, that I'm second guessing myself after all these drama posts and worrying I'm causing them. If so, I apologize for being an arrogant, argumentative piece of carp.

Princess Kae-Leah
03-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Does anyone know if Mike Antonio is a real person, or simply a dummy account of Aela's? I have reason to be suspicious that "Mike" is really Aela. He only has 7 FB friends, as of the last time I checked him out before I blocked him, his writing style seems kind of similar to hers to me, Aela's real first name is Mary, so she has the same first initial as his, and his last name starts with the same first letter as her mer-name, and he claims to be from Florida, which is pretty far away from Australia, so it's pretty unlikely that they know each other personally offline.

Maple
03-22-2012, 02:29 AM
I have to say, though, that I'm second guessing myself after all these drama posts and worrying I'm causing them. If so, I apologize for being an arrogant, argumentative piece of carp.

JR! You are so arrogant and argumentative piece of carp and I CANNOT stand it anymore! I am leaving in a huff!!

:p

Don't worry, this was ALL Aela's own doing and her ego not being able to handle that fact that she's not Queen Bee of the Mer World and we're all not going to just do as she says.

Artisankatie
03-22-2012, 05:21 AM
It's possible, KL. Aradia and Happyguava and I used to swim with her, and I have a LOT of mutual friends with her (we're both in the SCA and I used to work with her at a taxi booking call centre), so having been both actual and FB friends for a few years, I agree it's probably a fake account. I really don't want to feed the drama here with speculation and stuff, but it's really hard after keeping quiet about things for so long.
I don't feel right about saying things because for a long time she never had a problem with me, just really unpredictably with everyone around me, which made me feel really uncomfortable, like the time she abused my boyfriend when he quietly pointed out her top was transparent, and then when I pointed the same thing out to her she just covered up and didn't seem to have a problem. I finally deleted her after she went too far with something, when we'd tried so hard to get on with her and it all seemed to be for nothing :( Since then there's been a lot of underhanded jabbing at me, and I can't really tell many real life friends because a lot of them are mutual.

So I hope nobody minds my having said this in the current climate, I just wanted to finally get it off my chest. Instead of feeling like people are childishly bitching about things, as Aela says, what MerNetwork has taught me is that it's a place where people can feel comfortable sharing their troubles and there will be people who will listen and provide a sympathetic ear (or eyes), if not actively support you. I think in that way we are very much a community, and I'm very grateful to Mer Yuku and MerNetwork for getting me where I am with mermaiding today.

happyguava
03-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Hear hear, Volitania :) I love this community.

SireniaSolaris
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
:violin:

Lotus
03-22-2012, 11:55 AM
wow. bye-bye then. LMAO

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if Mike Antonio is a real person, or simply a dummy account of Aela's? I have reason to be suspicious that "Mike" is really Aela. He only has 7 FB friends, as of the last time I checked him out before I blocked him, his writing style seems kind of similar to hers to me, Aela's real first name is Mary, so she has the same first initial as his, and his last name starts with the same first letter as her mer-name, and he claims to be from Florida, which is pretty far away from Australia, so it's pretty unlikely that they know each other personally offline.

I really never understood the idea behind dummy accounts. I get the idea for professional versus personal profiles, especially ones for mersonas. And I get the idea for roleplaying accounts (though rp accounts on facebook and twitter both confuse me... I don't think those sites really enable one to get into character, and they certainly don't worldbuild enough). But making a fake identity online? I never understood that. I am me... and while there are some things I'd like to improve about myself, I like myself. It always seemed like lying when people came up with fake profiles.

@Maple - Hey, I am a bit too eager to prove my points and I can get into arguments (or heated discussions, as I'm sure Princess Kae-Leah can attest), and anyone who reads the Mermen and Society discussion thread can agree that I'm... heavily researched, to put it nicely.

Also, Maple, your comment reminded me of a line from the book, Sleeping Ugly, by Jane Yolen:
"One day Princess Miserella rode out of the palace in a huff. (A huff is not a kind of carriage. It is a kind of temper tantrum. Her usual kind.)"

Nate Walis
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I really never understood the idea behind dummy accounts. I get the idea for professional versus personal profiles, especially ones for mersonas. And I get the idea for roleplaying accounts (though rp accounts on facebook and twitter both confuse me... I don't think those sites really enable one to get into character, and they certainly don't worldbuild enough). But making a fake identity online? I never understood that. I am me... and while there are some things I'd like to improve about myself, I like myself. It always seemed like lying when people came up with fake profiles.

When you write in the genres that I do you have a vastly different appreciation for the need to create and use pen names and alternate personas when doing so.

malinghi
03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't lock threads much, but I guess I should start doing it for stuff like this.

Merman Chris
03-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I have tried my best to stay off this forum. It has been over two months since I have said anything here, and I did not anticipate ever returning because of the desire to both remove drama from my life, and to avoid those who are clearly hostile to me. Naturally I still read here from time to time, as good information does get posted that is useful, and friends make me aware when I am being targeted. I have seen big long threads on how awful I am due to a dispute I had with other members, and yet I ignored it. That initial thread did not use my name, and yet I even declined to respond when Raina finally resorted to naming me in an effort to draw me out and prove her points for her. She wanted me to come and fight. Obviously I was not going to give her that satisfaction, so I continued to stay silent. However, her latest volley of slander is too much to leave alone, unfortunately and must therefore be addressed. It seems that I am being tried in absentia by this kangaroo court, and so I must defend myself.

Raina accuses me of “leaving nasty comments all over the place” on FB. In truth, the only post I have made was one of support to Eric where I said we all knew he thought of it ages ago (he told me about it last year when we were looking at options for Shell), and that first made is not always first thought of. I fail to see what is particularly nasty about that statement, as I did not accuse anyone of anything or call anyone a liar, thief, etc. A simple observation. Apparently in Raina’s fevered mind, that constitutes “nasty comments all over the place”. I invite Raina to please post screen grabs of the other nasty comments she has imagined to see, as we all know she screen grabs everything. Please produce the evidence to back up your claims, otherwise it is mere hearsay. A reasonable mind would not see the comment I left for Eric as nasty. Only someone with a pre-fixed victim mentality looking to stir up drama would. So I say again, what are these “nasty comments all over the place”?
Raina also likes to point out that I have “jumped ship” as it were. She is referring to the fact that I have made peace with and even befriended Eric, Matty, and Mermaid Melissa, all people she has serious problems with and I used to fight with as well. I find her verbiage disturbing, as if different ships dividing people from one another is the way it should be. It is interesting to note that when I did have fights with those people, it was always because of Raina goading me on. She would always come to me privately on FB with “Eric did this” or “Matty said this”, things I never would have seen since I rarely frequented this site. Raina brought the drama to me, knowing I fight for my friends and that I would go on there and defend her. And so I did. I even mentioned this to her when we were still friends, and she got very upset at this. The fight with Matty got way out of control and I actually had to ask her to stop bringing me Mernetwork drama. It was starting to get very ugly and interfered with the work Shell and I are trying to do. Now, did I “run to” the previously mentioned people after Raina and I had our falling out? Yes, I did. And here is why. I felt that because all of that drama I had with them was because of Raina, why was I fighting with them? I personally had no issues with them, so continuing to fight and be hostile seemed counterproductive and wrong, and I that I needed to clear the air. Basically, my fights with them were all created under false pretenses. Thankfully, all three were kind, understanding, and open to hearing me out when they had no reason whatsoever to listen to me. I am grateful to them all for that. There are no ships, just one big sea.

In particular, I was most impressed with how I was treated by Mermaid Melissa. This woman had every reason in the world to hate my guts forever and never give me a chance, but she spoke with me without hesitation, was very kind and understanding, and showed just how professional and reasonable she is. The depiction of her that has been made by others on here and elsewhere I came to realize was simply wrong and disgraceful. She actually ended up helping me a lot in dealing with the attacks that were being made on me; how to let go, rise above, and move on. She has had to do it a lot, as she is very aware of the cruel and malicious things said about her. But she perseveres and succeeds because she does not get involved, and I found that very inspirational and helpful in getting through this. I now consider her a friend and I am proud to say so. Thus, we get back to the idea of “jumping ship”. Perhaps Raina and others think keeping separate camps at each other’s throats is a good thing; I however do not. Making peace with those three has been one of the best things I have done and has made my life much better. Truly sorry if that bothers anyone.

As for the charges of reporting comments to FB: yes Raina, I certainly did. You and the others were libeling me on a public page by name, over the comment I made on Eric’s page. Surprisingly, I took exception to this and reported it because that is precisely what FB provides that tool for. I have tried to contact you privately through email to resolve our differences and you indicated that you were not ready, yet you seem more than ready to tear me apart publicly when it is convenient for you. The only reason I can see for why you are suddenly calling me out by name in public is because I did not respond for the longest time and that interferes with the depiction of me you wish to paint as some evil guy who loves to hate and just randomly goes after people. I wasn’t helping you make your case, so perhaps calling me out by name would make me come out and attack you, proving your point. Well, sorry kid but I am not going to do that. I have learned better. And frankly, I am not interested anymore in your drama, because it is your drama…not mine. Why does all the drama seem to have you in its center? Why do you feel the need to also post as Mikamer and Mer Vee, in addition to Raina (the IP addresses are all the same) and who knows who else? You even hijacked Malinghi’s thread that was to be a thoughtful discussion on intellectual property that could have been enlightening and interesting, turning into yet another screed on Eric. This is simply not someone I wish to be involved with at any level, hence why until this point I have remained silent. All I want is to forget I ever knew you and move on with my life. Why will you not let me do that?

Hopefully this really can be my last post here. It really is too bad what these forums have become. You have probably noticed several mers that no longer post here, and it is due to the cruel and horrible comments that have been left, not just on threads about me but on Aela’s leaving. I have not heard such awful things said about people since High School. The mers I am friends with who avoid this place don’t talk about people like that. Go back and look it over with an open mind; pretty ugly stuff. One of you had a problem with me “bragging about my wife” on here. I am so sorry you take exception to me being proud of her work and wanting to share it. I didn’t realize that was frowned upon. Another actually speculated on the nature of our relationship and that perhaps it was abusive. We were floored by this, that anyone could have such nerve. You do not know us at all; at long last, have you no decency? And did Raina say anything about comments like these, like “woah maybe that’s too far”? No, she did not. If this is what makes up the “mer community” then I want no part of it. And I am aware that there will be similar comments left on this as well. I expect it. Comments that actually are nasty. And it will just further show why I and many other mers will have no part of this place. But I will not be replying. If you have any questions beyond this, feel free to email me at chrislp9@live.com. Otherwise, please just let me be in peace.

MermanMatty
03-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Chris you could have not said it any better! And the fact that you brought it to light that all the drama on this forum "just happens" to circle Raina, makes it that much more clear that when she states that we are the issue on this forum when in all reality it is her who is really the issue, she loves to instill complications in people's lives so she can put forth a "neutral" resolution and be the "savior" or what not.

Raina doesn't notice that now there are people who are actually against her, they speak out and tell her and her "followers" how out of line they are, and that person and people associated with that person get torn apart. Honestly, Raina isn't even a bleep on my radar anymore, she is no longer anything but a 12 year old child that was picked on her whole life and now she has to make up for it by being the "Big dog" on a forum on the internet... Put that on your resume Raina.

MermanMatty
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
"You wanted people to stop talking trash about you, so stop talking trash about EVERYONE everywhere. Stop emailing people trying to gain them to your 'cause'. You think some of the people you've tried to 'enlist' for your drama havent given us a heads up? lol." -Raina

That sounds familiar, isn't what what myself and others have said to you?

Merman Chris
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Notice how she addresses nothing I said, just attempts to replace it with her own naarative. My conscience is clear.

Kanti
03-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Sorry you feel this way.
Honestly, there's been a lot of stuff going on in this place that I don't understand but from what I've seen
I MAY sort of have an idea of where you're coming from.

Just know that not all of the people on this forum are part of these tightly knit groups of people who take
one side or the other. Some of us genuinely have no idea what all of this is. When someone comes on here
saying that being a part of this community is really lame because of all the negativity, it really makes me feel
bad because I have no participation in these events yet I am being coralled into a category of people. While I
understand you're probably upset for legitimate reasons, I also feel it's unfair to blame it on the website.

From what I read you seem like a very reasonable person and I would have liked to get to know you better.
Apparently you're also associated with Shelly, whose tails I think are very nice.
If you don't like Raina, which I don't agree or disagree with, you have your reasons, you should just block her.
If you really think there's no reason for you to be talking to her and there's nothing left to discuss, then why
bother? But is the whole forum really that bad? While there's drama every now and then, there's plenty of other
things too.

I suppose I'm just especially butthurt since I essentially am not even being given a chance because of someone
esle. That I am being grouped together with people I may be nothing like.

Merman Chris
03-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Again, I point to Malinghis thread on intellectual property. Why did her mind immediately go on an anti mertaillr screed? And I still want to know why she feels the need to post as at least two other identities as well.

ShyMer
03-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I feel like part of this exchange was perhaps more suited to a personal message...
Defending yourself is fine, but I don't think it's appropriate to make personal grievances a public matter everyone can read and join in on. Some of us really have no business being a part of this.
Was this meant to be a statement to the community? I guess I'm not sure how we're supposed to respond. The impression I get is that it's being directed to one person.

Also, I think I'm getting tired of threads being hijacked to say the same things about the same people.

Kanti
03-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Well because to me, this post seems like someone who wants to be part of this community but
has other reasons for not wanting to. If he was really over it he would have left. This post doesn't
really seem like drama, it seems like he wants evidence of the harassment. He wants to claim that
he hasn't done anything worth hate and that he is being called out for no reason.

Perhaps he feels that if he tries to post on here again, he will not be able to since he has such a bad
rep. Let's be honest, I've been hearing the names "Chris" and "Matty" a whole lot and they're nothing
positive. Someone could be easily swayed to not like these people before even meeting them.

Again, I don't know, and I am being denied a chance to know because of this. But there's always a possibility
of fraud and there's always a possibility of truth. To me, I see nothing "drama" filled about this post. I just
see someone who is legitimately upset.

@Shymer: I think he made it to be confrontational. He wants to proove to other people that Raina is being
unjust for whatever reason.

malinghi
03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
You guys can all have this conversation on Facebook. If anyone would like to comment on my new policy of locking threads, send me a PM or e-mail me at malinghi@gmail.com.

Winged Mermaid
03-26-2012, 01:32 AM
This whole thread has turned into a mass of drama that should be settled by PMs, not by public outings and slamming one another. Its your problem, not ours. I'm moving this whole topic to the drama thread.

Merman Chris
03-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Ah I see, so it's perfectly ok for Iona's buddies to slam people by name all over the forums, myself included, and that is perfectly ok. Try and defend yourself in a reasonable manner however, and that's drama. Your bias is truly breathtaking.

MermanMatty
03-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I agree with Chris, it is quite unreasonable that when Raina and whoever else goes off in a rant about Eric, Chris, or myself, they are free to say whatever they like no matter the language, but as soon as we see something unreasonable and out of line, we try to correct it with information, then the person we try to correct comes back with a vengeance and a few friends...

Then it becomes drama only because 1) the person knows the other is right about the situation at hand, or 2) the person just has a bone to pick with the other.

This threads definition of "drama" lately isn't actual drama it's come to seeing whenever someone has anything to say against Raina or others, it is moved to the drama thread so no one will take it seriously or into account for what it really is, shedding light on situations that need it.

And if you notice, as Chris said earlier, "drama" does seem to circle Raina, she is always the first to open her mouth about Eric or The Mertailor, and she tries to say things along the lines of "Well not to start drama but Eric totally steals everything..." Malinghi had to delete or move what she wrote in the Intellectual Property post because she went on a long rant about The Mertailor stealing things and then after like 4 paragraphs, is a sentence about the topic...

If that is not a drama starter I do not know what it. I don't understand why Raina is on such a high pedestal to you people... if you all took the situation from the others point of view you would realize that a majority of what she does is out of line, yes on random posts like modeling, tops, and just having fun as a mermaid topics, she's fine on (most of the time) because she'll give you information from her trials and errors, but others she jumps straight to Eric, The Mertailor, Chris, and sometimes myself, obviously not me that much since I haven't been here that long. But I would just like to ask everyone what it would take for you all to just think from my point of view and look at what she says and reacts and how would you react, be honest, I know you all try to be professional 100% of the time but we're all still people and we have feelings, just be honest. And this isn't any kind of attempt to get you to switch to "The Dark Side" (But we have cookies!) haha it's just to get you all to see what others/outsiders have to deal with because "Raina" says it's not a good idea to buy from this person, talk to this person, be in contact with this person...

Yes, I have had spats with both Raina and Chris, but Chris and I are mature enough to talk things out and just move forward... Shelly and I are friends now as well. And honestly the only people I see with the inability to move on is Raina, Star, and other members of their "clique."

Just try it and see how you feel, I'm not saying to repost how you feel because if you see what I see you might get hated on, so just keep it to yourself and move forward from there.

Good days!

_Matty_

Kanti
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I guess it's because she thinks it's not "drama" until there's someone back to defend themselves?
I mean, it's not entirely true because she's put a lot of Raina's posts in here too. I think she just didn't
want anyone to start fighting in a forum that was supposed to be dedicated to talking about other ideas
and everyone sort of got off topic and started talking about personal incidents.

As for Chris' letter, I don't think it was dramatic at all. It seemed controlled enough for me, but I suppose it
did INSTIGATE drama because it essentially called right out to Raina and she responded back. Once you
guys got at it, it started to turn into an argument.

I don't know if it's bias because both Winged and Malinghi let everyone talk it out for a while until finally
deciding to move the posts. And they only moved them, they didn't delete them or anything.

Merman Chris
03-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Kanti, it doesnt' matter if my letter was drama or not. According to Raina, if I made a shopping list it would be drama. See, all that fighting between me and Matty that used to happen on here was BECAUSE of Raina. We used to be friends on FB, and she would run to me every day practically with "Eric did this" or "Matty said this", knowing I would run on here and get in the mud for her. Otherwise I probably never would have seen any of it. One day though, I said something that her favorite took exception to and she 's been like this ever since. In that thread, she insinuated that all the drama here was because of me. Yes, because you brought it to me!!! She played me well and now she takes exception to it. That kind of dishonesty is why neither of us will have anything to do with her anymore. It's only a matter of time before she starts trashing our business just like she does Eric's. It's in the pathology.

Kanti
03-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Well, Raina may be a bit passionate when it comes to the mertailor but I won't defend him either.
The things I saw were bad and I don't appreciate his actions very much. He seems to steal ideas
from the community or passive-aggressively mention people on his page.
Like I said, I dunno him personally, but from what I've seen he doesn't seem like he's completely
innocent either. I think Raina is just especially emotional when it comes to the mertailor because of
her tail and all she had to deal with when it came to that. It's probably something one should get
over, but I suppose things run deep.

I'm sorry for the other stuff, but still, you could always just ignore her. If she's not giving you a
chance and for no reason? Sorry I didn't understand what exactly caused her to dislike you, but
if it's a trivial reason then maybe she wasn't a great friend in the first place?
It's nice to leave doorways open but if someone's not going to forgive you, there's no point in
wasting your energy.

Merman Chris
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I could ignore her, but then I would also have to ignore mikamer, mer vee, and all her other fake profiles she uses.

Kanti
03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, if that is true then you can just block them all, right?
I don't think she'll confront you if you're not trying to defend the mertailor haha.
I try not to get too into everything but I've seen people be mean to her too.
I think everyone just needs to take a break and just not talk to each other directly
for a while. You guys might choose to make up if you see that there's no real
reason to be fighting.

Merman Chris
03-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Nah, I'm over it. Since making amends with people I used to fight with, I am done with negative people. Unless of course, they continue to slander me with lies.

Kanti
03-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Maybe you should consider those people most of all :'P
They're probably the ones that need the most help with forgiving and forgetting.

Merman Chris
03-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Kanti, sometimes a betrayal is just too obscene for forgiveness. Let's just move on.

Kanti
03-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Whoops sorry~
You do whatever you see is fit~

Merman Chris
03-26-2012, 04:22 PM
No no, don't be sorry, it's not like that. Just saying, let's not bore ourselves with this stuff any more. Life is better than that.

Moonflower
04-04-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm just gonna leave this right here...

Again, there's about a million better, more important things we could all be spending our energy on.
Plus, no matter what you say, no matter how right you might think you are, there will ALWAYS be someone out there to tell you you're wrong - you can either confront it and never make any progress, or just laugh to yourself over their ignorance and move on. You'll be happier if you do the latter, though this is easier said than done, I know.

Nemefish
04-04-2012, 06:46 AM
hugs and kisses, support and love for both of you guys, and im very sorry for everything that has happened but don't let it bring you guys down any more cuz you guys are great people and amazing mers and that's all that matters, because that's all that people care about <3<3<3 just remember guys; you are loved, and just keep swimming
(just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming! dori) :D haha

OrcaMatt
04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm just gonna leave this right here...<3 XKCD <3

NerineArcticMermaid
04-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I am not sure if this will help, but it always makes me feel better and more in control. It is something that Tor (Merpirate) gave me and I sent it to Raina as well.

I know it isn't fear that you are having trouble with but you can really insert anything that you are having trouble with.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

totally off subject.. but that "poem" is actually from the book Dune :D one of my favs and a very good mantra to use in hard times ...

NerineArcticMermaid
04-05-2012, 12:58 AM
HA! loved that vid with the umm.. sign language....

*sorry trolling the threads..*

Maple
04-05-2012, 03:02 AM
HA! loved that vid with the umm.. sign language....

Ha! I'm glad somebody enjoyed it. I watch that video when I'm having a bad day and I feel instantly better. It's so...uplifting!

NerineArcticMermaid
04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
the hitler one was hilarious! brilliant subtitles!!!

Ayla of Duluth
04-05-2012, 12:53 PM
*not sure if should let everyone duke out their problems on designated thread, or call you all childish for spending so much energy on taking sides and defending yourselves*

my mom always taught me that the best way to deal with a negative person is to "kill them with kindness." Now I understand why you mers are arguing with each other, but reading these posts with you guys throwing insults at each other just seems so futile. It makes me flinch.
It's my understanding that a lot of you guys have done your best to be nice and polite, but when someone else starts trash talking, things get a little heated. You're worried that if people continue to talk bad about you, your fans will start to believe it and not like you anymore. [or whatever else your motivation may be for defending yourselves]
The reality is, these people can trash talk you all you want, but your reputation will not be ruined unless you fight back. I have a situation playing in my mind right now about what would happen if I was a professional mermaid and people started saying negative things about me. It would go a little something like this:

I'm sitting on the beach, doing whatever a mermaid does, and I have a group of people surrounding me, making a big scene about how awesome I am or whatever fans like to do, and they all have me on facebook, the whole 9 yards for a fan. If I'm kind to everyone who I ever come in contact with, those fans will know it, and even through all the people throwing insults at me and making up lies to try and ruin me, my fans, other mers who know me, and the people that really matter won't believe a word of it. Everyone would love me for being the kind mermaid I am. However if my fans saw me duking it out with another person on facebook or a forum, they'd see an unkind side of me and find me petty for arguing with someone over who said this or who did that.

POINT BEING: If every mer is kind to everyone they meet, then no matter how much drama or badmouthing there is going on around them, they will rise above it and have nothing to worry about.

I did this through all of middle school and high school, probably the one place where most of the drama will ever occur, and everyone recognized me for being kind and helpful and someone to look up to, and all the people who tried to spread rumors about me lost all their friends and learned a valuable lesson about petty drama.

If I ever become a professional mer, I plan on being kind to everyone. Helping others with issues to the best of my ability, and if people want to talk bad about me, so be it, but everyone who knows me will know I'm not the kind of mer to dip my toes into the pool of drama. I think if all the mers here think like that, there won't be a need for a designated drama thread. Everyone is equal, everyone is kind. we can rise above and be better than all this fighting, because if anything, the fighting taking place here is what will bring us down.

PLUR. Peace, Love, Unity, Respect.

Alveric
04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Peace is good.

SireniaSolaris
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Peace is GREAT. :)

Maple
04-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Well said, WaterWolf, well said!

MermanMatty
05-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Hahahahaha! The only problems with tails for women, or people in general, are from here or related to here, and that's because most of you are hateful, spiteful, nasty people who want Eric gone so you can feel like you accomplished something, Eric is actually a lot better at doing women than he is men, he's obsessed with the female figure! I actually got jealous of it in the past a few times for some reason. But you're mistaken, and besides, I'm not making an excuse, but since it is mostly women on this forum they can all reinforce this, but they probably won't because it helps the situation, womens bodies change A LOT, even within a few days, and it doesn't help when people also don't know how to measure or know where their waist is on their own body... He actually has to call a lot of customers and ask them how tall they are to get an actual estimate because the measurements seem completely off, people measure hips as waist now a days.

And just so you know, The tails he makes for Weeki Wachee fit perfectly, the tails he makes for Dive Bar in Cali fit perfectly, and the tails he has made for Lady Gaga fit perfectly, and I have tons more but this will fall upon deaf ears. So when you have a valid argument I will be waiting :) Good day.

Matty
Serpent of the Deep

Merman Chris
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Raina is, of course, referring to something I said to KL. What I took exception with was, Shell had posted a thread on her own page trying to gauge interest in an event in socal centered around an aquatic park we were looking to rent. KL took it upon herself to write a post in the middle of this complaining about the lack of dry events. I found this inappropriate to bring up and insensitive to what Shell was trying to do. That's really all there is to it. All of this other stuff about swimming ability and so forth does not even come into it. Just another case of Raina trying to manufacture drama with her skewed vision of reality.

Raina, I get you're all pissed off that we don't talk to you anymore because of the lies you told about us, but you don't have to make shit up in public. It's pretty tasteless.

Mermaid Dottie
05-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Chris, I feel that post was in very poor taste. I feel that there was nothing wrong with what Kae commented on Shelly's post. She was just expressing her loneliness on the shore. Kae-Leah is not like us. I feel that her feelings are more fragile, and also that she sometimes has difficulty communicating. Also, I feel that this topic is a very GOOD idea. There really aren't a lot of events that people who have certain disabilities (Like Kae) can attend since the main attraction is swimming.

You know I adore and admire Shelly, especially in her decision to stop making silicone tails, and before today I had never heard anything from you that was mean or rude. I actually thought you were pretty cool for donning a tail and joining us, so when I realized it was you that had posted, I was shocked and disappointed. (And honestly, kind of hurt, although I know that none of it was directed at me. Don't ask me why I was hurt, I have no idea. Empathy, maybe?)

I also feel that directly calling Raina out was uncalled-for. No matter what you have against her, or what drama you guys have had, she left your name out of the main post out of respect for you. It wasn't on topic, and does nothing to further the idea of on-land activities. This thread was not about you commenting on Kae's status, it was FOR Kae and others who don't/can't/won't swim.

Please choose your words carefully. Sometimes we don't realize the power that they can hold.

Incidentally, if I had the money, I would attend an event at that cool place Shelly posted. It's just that I'm a poor, college, stay-at-home mom-to-be. Now, though, I guess I would not be welcome if I was able to come. This saddens me.

Merman Chris
05-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Dottie: I understand you disagree about the original thing here, but that was how we took it. That it was inappropriate to make such a complaint in the middle of what we were trying to do. Sorry, but we are swimmers, very much so, as are our closest merfriends. An aquatic event is what we would do, naturally. To state your displeasure about the lack of dry events in the middle of that was, we felt, wrong. We can agree to disagree on this.

Mermaid Dottie
05-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you for being respectful towards me, despite my expression of disappointment. And I sincerely apologize for saying your name directly on facebook, as I now feel I may have caused excessive drama.

I'm just a very protective person I guess. I can't stand seeing anyone get hurt, no matter who they are. I feel very VERY protective of Kae-Leah, and if anything I said sounded vicious or sharp, I'm sorry, because it wasn't meant to be.

I don't like contention either. When people are angry with one another, or just straight up don't like each other, it makes me very very very sad, and then I just seem to make things worse when I try to be peacemaker. I just, with all my heart, wish everyone could see the beauty in everyone else, the way I do.

I just want to mention, that while it may have seemed inappropriate to you guys what Kae commented on Shelly's post, there was a better way of handling it than what you said on her post. It quite probably wouldn't have hurt her as much if you had simply expressed that you felt her comment was inappropriate, rather than berating her as you did. I feel you may have acted out of anger. like I said before, I don't think she communicates the same way we do. She may not have realized that her comment could be deemed inappropriate or disrespectful. Please keep things like that in mind when dealing with her and others like her.

I think I'm done being an emotional mermaid for now, and am going to try to keep on topic. *blush*

Merman Chris
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
"so this is no way saying Shelly needs to change her event"

Hahaha! Well I am sure glad you're not saying that, because we do not take direction/advice from you. I really wish you would just get the message.

Kanti
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
That first post had a very major drama trigger in it, Raina.
You couldn've just mentioned "sometimes people aren't exactly nice to her" or something a lot more
ambiguous rather than pointing to a specific incident where someone KNOWS you're directing your
message towards them. You could've avoided mentioning that altogether and just dedicated this event
towards KL just because you wanted to, rather than using it to point out something that happened before.

Whether you meant to do that or not, that's passively agressively attacking someone, which is just as
bad as calling them out by name. Next time, please don't go into detail and point people out directly,
it calls for drama (especially after titling the post with not meaning to cause drama).

Anyhow, I think a dry event would be really fun. You could also do a half-n-half like lots of people suggested
where we can do a dry event but maybe have a shallow pool or just a pool nearby so people can get wet every
now and then.
My only issue with a full-dry event is that I think it would get really hot in a tail and I dunno how it is for other
people, but I sorta need water to put mine on xD
Still, I like the idea of a dry event like a picnic or just a little chance to talk to each other.
Once at school we had a little art meeting where we all painted pictures and made necklaces. Maybe we can do
something like that?

Merman Chris
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
"That first post had a very major drama trigger in it, Raina.
You couldn've just mentioned "sometimes people aren't exactly nice to her" or something a lot more
ambiguous rather than pointing to a specific incident where someone KNOWS you're directing your
message towards them. You could've avoided mentioning that altogether and just dedicated this event
towards KL just because you wanted to, rather than using it to point out something that happened before.

Whether you meant to do that or not, that's passively agressively attacking someone, which is just as
bad as calling them out by name. Next time, please don't go into detail and point people out directly,
it calls for drama (especially after titling the post with not meaning to cause drama)."

You are so awesome.

Kanti
05-31-2012, 07:11 PM
I understand why you'd be a bit defensive about this topic as well, but I don't think a lot of the people
here are really expecting Shelly to change her event. If it's true KL made that post asking to change it,
well, that's not really up to her to decide, and if Shelly doesn't want to, no one should blame her for it.
If they do it just shows they've never planned an event before. You can try to take things into consideration,
but if you went through all the trouble of putting it together, you do what it is YOU want to do.

I think the main focus of this topic is to just get some ideas going to maybe make people more considerate
for people like KL who can't swim very well and probably won't go to a wet event. So far I've seen a lot of
suggestions being made that are pretty much independent from Shelly's event. I think you're just a bit off-set
since Raina basically centered her first post around you. Just understand, we're not trying to take over any
events, we're just suggesting new ones.

Still, I like what Joy mentioned. You don't HAVE to come in a tail. KL could be in a full wet event if she came
dressed as a water nymph or something less difficult to swim in. She could even come, she would just sit by
the edge of the pool rather than putting herself at risk to swim in a tail.

Kanti
05-31-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm only saying your first post was hostile. It triggered drama, so you gave the opportunity for
Chris to respond in that way. Your thread was titled against drama, yet you completely instigated it.
You can have your reasons, but in the end it seems your intention by mentioning the specific event
completely instigated this drama. You could've gotten away with being more ambiguous.

The rest of your post is very hostile, I didn't even really want to read the rest of it. It doesn't belong here.
I don't wish to discuss this further.

AniaR
05-31-2012, 09:22 PM
it should have never been take to the level of an argument or anything in the like.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGr0j20EI4oH0zhl39GTF4o3p8E1Kfz 1xREHG5aYMOBFRPB2CxqZSV-HkK

LOL couldn't resist XD I've been waiting for an excuse to use this one.

Prince Calypso
05-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Love me some Bender

Merman Chris
05-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Anybody else remember how there was NO drama here when Raina left? Just a lot of thoughtful discussion? Even Matty and i became friends when she was no longer playing us against each other.

Prince Calypso
06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Anybody else remember how there was NO drama here when Raina left? Just a lot of thoughtful discussion? Even Matty and i became friends when she was no longer playing us against each other.

look i'm not taking sides one way or another but
a comment like that kinda spurs on drama
was it really necessary to bring it up in the first place if at all

i honestly think that people need to stop being so damn sensitive and that's on BOTH sides of the situation
dram is created one one person refused to just back down
and i'm not saying your wrong Chris
and i'm not saying Raina's wrong either
all this in fighting and drama is getting really fucking old
so could somebody just be the bigger man or woman and ignore all the petty bullshit and lets have a nice discussion?

Kanti
06-01-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm not sure. I think this is not the best place to discuss something like that.
If you want to continue talking about that aspect of the conversation, you should either speak to an
admin if you feel it's unfair or vent in the drama thread.
I know it's a bit demeaning to have to go to that thread and possibly be ignored since people don't really
want to be involved in that sort of stuff, but it's a lot more honest to go there than to make a thread with
passive-agressive drama disguised into it.

I remember your story of Beatrice was a nice one, but mentioning that it was about real people wasn't
the right thing to do. The story had a nice message, it just made people uncomfortable when you mention
that it's about real people and that if anyone's interested you can share the names. I remember you mentioning
something about Raven doing the same thing, and you're right, that's under the same article. There's no reason
to bring up specific events or specific people. And even if you don't name them, they know you're talking about
them.

Let's keep to the original topic and ignore the drama-fluff stirred into it that's meant to provoke you.

It's fine that you don't agree with the dry events, not everyone will enjoy them, but you do have to remember
that some people won't or maybe can't go in the water for some reasons on some events. People like KL probably
get lonely when they see a bunch of wet events so this thread is supposed to be to raise awareness so people
can make a few more dry events.

Prince Calypso
06-01-2012, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure. I think this is not the best place to discuss something like that.
If you want to continue talking about that aspect of the conversation, you should either speak to an
admin if you feel it's unfair or vent in the drama thread.
I know it's a bit demeaning to have to go to that thread and possibly be ignored since people don't really
want to be involved in that sort of stuff, but it's a lot more honest to go there than to make a thread with
passive-agressive drama disguised into it.

I remember your story of Beatrice was a nice one, but mentioning that it was about real people wasn't
the right thing to do. The story had a nice message, it just made people uncomfortable when you mention
that it's about real people and that if anyone's interested you can share the names. I remember you mentioning
something about Raven doing the same thing, and you're right, that's under the same article. There's no reason
to bring up specific events or specific people. And even if you don't name them, they know you're talking about
them.

Let's keep to the original topic and ignore the drama-fluff stirred into it that's meant to provoke you.

It's fine that you don't agree with the dry events, not everyone will enjoy them, but you do have to remember
that some people won't or maybe can't go in the water for some reasons on some events. People like KL probably
get lonely when they see a bunch of wet events so this thread is supposed to be to raise awareness so people
can make a few more dry events.

Kanti did i ever tell you i love you girl?
thank you because that exactly what i'm trying to say
all this he said she said "High School" drama needs to stop. its annoying and that not what we
come to this forum to deal with

Merman Chris
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
OH MAN ok I am ducking out of this topic because something huge has come up and I need to get to work on it right away. Something major and awesome is in the works. I don't have time for this drama and kid's stuff, MUCH more important things are at hand I must attend to. A major step in the evolution of mermaiding. Stay tuned.

Merman Chris
06-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Dude, all of that stuff is history for me now. What I have stumbled on is revolutionary, groundbreaking, and a whole new world. And I will be the one to lead people to it, so all will know in time what it is. All this ridiculous drama and fighting....is a distraction from my purpose. Get ready for something big.

Kanti
06-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Wowy zowy. That sounds intense. I hope you get to it soon because you sure as hell made me
curious xD

Merman Chris
06-06-2012, 03:18 PM
"I make a huge effort to ignore you- I dont go into your threads"

Liar. You went onto my thread yesterday about Melissa. Can't you ever stop lying? It's the reason things blew up between me and you, and the reason Shell doesn't talk to you anymore. And sucking up to our friends isn't going to change that.

And, ya know, it's really not hard to see your posts as I usually read threads while not logged in.

Winged Mermaid
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
"I make a huge effort to ignore you- I dont go into your threads"

Liar. You went onto my thread yesterday about Melissa. Can't you ever stop lying? It's the reason things blew up between me and you, and the reason Shell doesn't talk to you anymore. And sucking up to our friends isn't going to change that.

And, ya know, it's really not hard to see your posts as I usually read threads while not logged in.

Besides the fact that she didn't go into that thread. I see all posts, even deleted posts, and she never posted there once.

Chris you KNOW that she can't see your posts. It's clear the only reason you're posting this message is to stir up drama with everyone else about her. That's low. You say that she's stirring up all the drama but I'm seeing lot of evidence to the contrary.

I have put up with so much of your harassing behavior over the years, if only to be fair to preserve the opposing side of the argument. You and I both know after I decided to ban you I gave you one very last chance, and we made a condition to the continuance of your membership here. That was to put Raina and Raven on your member ignore list and not interact with them on this site, as you can clearly not get along and all you do is harass and stir up drama. They are not innocent of this either which is why they agreed to do the same. Now you're blatantly disregarding that, reading posts while logged out in order to quote and continue to negatively interact, harass, spread drama. It is clear to me that you are not willing to adhere to the confines of your continued membership, which I generously extended even after I would have banned you multiple times. This is where I draw the line. I've worked hard and even, admittedly, been unfair to the other members in not taking action on your account more and sooner, to let you stay- out of respect to fairness for your position in opinion. But you keep throwing it in my face. The line is drawn. You're out. If you want to come back, you can in a year.

SeaVixen
06-16-2012, 07:17 AM
WOW! Never thought that being a mermaid had all this attached to it! I thought things like this only happened in high school with the mean girl in class.....MAN! :o

SeaVixen
06-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Being a mermaid is supposed to be about fun and excitement and happiness and laughing and everything good..... not all this! I like having fun with my new finned life and get pleasure and enjoyment from it. Once I get my new tail I'll be at my most happiest! I love Raven and Raina and look up to them! Raina has been there for me during my down times and shes a great supporter! She has nothing but good things to say to make me feel better I know! I wish I lived near her so we could be friends and hang out because to me shes the kind of person I want to be around. Raven is a very Talented mer! I love her work and she is so kind to offer it to other mers so generously. I own several of her pieces and adore them! I'm saving for one of her pure silicone tails because I adore those! No one could ever make me think differently or negatively about these two lovely ladies! They are my inspiration.

SeaVixen
06-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I know when I felt like nothing was going right for me and I was at the point I couldn't find a tail maker to make me a tail (couldn't get any responses) I came to you for support and you were very supportive even saying IF you could you would help me fund a tail which was so kind to say that. Just the kind thought made me feel better and before I knew it a tail maker started responding to me. Here I am half way in my funding journey and I'm so excited and I doubt I would have made it this far if it wasn't for your kind words and thoughtful gestures to give me the push I needed! Of course this waiting game for the money is killing me!!!! Afraid if I don't hurry up I'll miss my chance. If anyone said a bad thing about you I wouldn't listen. Personally you are a superstar to me and I know we would be the best of friends if we were closer. I know I come to the mernetwork looking for merfriends who share the same mermaid passion as me. Nice to know I'm not weird because I like dressing up as a mermaid.

Mermaid Sirena
07-24-2012, 02:31 PM
A friend showed me this and I thought it was perfect for this thread :P

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--XdH6CPrFJw/TrfGffhCtII/AAAAAAAABME/JL_hBzDw2Hc/s1600/drama+llama.png (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--XdH6CPrFJw/TrfGffhCtII/AAAAAAAABME/JL_hBzDw2Hc/s1600/drama+llama.png)

Lyna
08-04-2012, 11:10 AM
i just wanted a place to come drop frustration on how mad i am right now that i see a certain "designer" has totally and completely ripped off another one of our own for their own profit. oh he makes me sick!!!!

Angel the Little Merman
08-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I have a feeling all of this is pointing at a certain man who is known for Alex Plus and foam back fabrics, am I correct. If so, I'm surprise that person is gonna be at Mer-Palooza with the other mer-folk (you know the ones who really care unlike that person.) I sense there will be heated tension. But I hate pig headed people and from the stories I'm hearing about this character is shocking cause this person sounds like someone I would hate to meet in person. And I'm a loving person!

AniaR
08-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Sirena, check this one out

http://www.reoiv.com/images/random/Drama%20Llama%2002.jpg

MaMagica
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I wanted to make sure everyone knew about my experience with Mermagica.com. To say the least there was nothing magical abou the experience.
Just a complete waste of time and efforts. I did post on another Thread but it was not under the Mermagica discussions so I did not want anyone to miss the post and thought anyone considering Mermagica.com would benefit.

Just wanted to post some information and let you do the Googling. I did not want to outright bash them but I will let you come to your conclusions. Please keep in mind that many of the posts to Twitter and Facebook are moderated by the owners. They also have several people posting positive reviews and comments. (they come from the same IP adresses)

Mermagica, Inc 3504 St. John's Dr.
Denton, TX 76210
(469) 277-2357

Mermagica
Jose Davila
fotodiction, Inc
1310 Heather Brook Dr
Allen, TX 75002
(214) 717-8448
joe.davila@gmail.com (joe.davila@gmail.com)

Joe wife is Carey Davila (you can also find her on Facebook and claims to be a DJ and likes to spin)

http://www.facebook.com/joe.davila.355 (http://www.facebook.com/joe.davila.355)

Mermagic has an F Rating with the BBB

Mermaid Annariea
08-11-2012, 09:14 AM
you have posted this in several places. please stop now...

MaMagica
08-11-2012, 09:34 AM
you have posted this in several places. please stop now...

Are you affiliated with Mermagica.com? If I recall I have posted in two different postings. I am just trying to get the word out and make sure I am posting in the correct areas of this site. It is clear that Carey D. would rather Spin (DJ) at the local club than make and ship products she gets paid to do. If Music is your passion Carey maybe you should pursue that and not take others money and send items when you feel like it. How did the Spin go last night?

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Are you affiliated with Mermagica.com? If I recall I have posted in two different postings. I am just trying to get the word out and make sure I am posting in the correct areas of this site. It is clear that Carey D. would rather Spin (DJ) at the local club than make and ship products she gets paid to do. If Music is your passion Carey maybe you should pursue that and not take others money and send items when you feel like it. How did the Spin go last night?

Um...that was uncalled for. I've seen the thread multiple times, but there only needs to be one. She was pointing that out. If you don't know where to put it, ask Winged or another administrator. We know Mermagica doesn't always supply their customers on time, we read your threads, but you don't have to accuse her for being Carey Davila. You don't know her, so you can't say anything. Okay?

MaMagica
08-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Um...that was uncalled for. I've seen the thread multiple times, but there only needs to be one. She was pointing that out. If you don't know where to put it, ask Winged or another administrator. We know Mermagica doesn't always supply their customers on time, we read your threads, but you don't have to accuse her for being Carey Davila. You don't know her, so you can't say anything. Okay?

I didn't accuse anyone. I did cross check IP addresses :) I did talk with several of her ex-employees and they really had nothing nice to say about the way she runs her business. I have checked at their archieves and noticed that they remove all the negative comments. Likely not good for business if you know what I mean. Also I ldo live with in driving distance of them and know of the area. So don't tell me what I know and don't know. I am not trying to bash anyone here just making my voice heard :)

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Yes, I know their business isn't the best, but do you have proof that Brianna is Carey?

Merman_Shawn
08-11-2012, 10:39 AM

You've been very persistent, we understand that you had a negative experience with Mermagica. Stop posting the same stuff over and over again. Contain it to one thread and leave it be. Otherwise it's just viewed as spamming the forum.

MaMagica
08-11-2012, 10:45 AM
OK Mermaid Shawn,

I find your pic creepie to say the least. But to each his own.
I am persistant but I have posted this twice and the sceond was what I reviewed as the correct Forum Heading. So please don't bend my tail as I have feeling too :)

MaMagica
08-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Yes, I know their business isn't the best, but do you have proof that Brianna is Carey?

No but a past employee forward me some screen shots of what aslias she does use :no-no:
I can archieve and IP cross reference but I am not spending too much time tracker her down

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Then are you blaming her because she happens to be named Brianna?

MaMagica
08-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Then are you blaming her because she happens to be named Brianna?

Brianna is a nice name though :rolleyes:

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Avoiding the subject much?

Merman_Shawn
08-11-2012, 11:13 AM
OK Mermaid Shawn,

I find your pic creepie to say the least. But to each his own.
I am persistant but I have posted this twice and the sceond was what I reviewed as the correct Forum Heading. So please don't bend my tail as I have feeling too :)

The comment about my photo was uncalled for. Please be mature. You posted your BBB comment in someone else's thread, then posted it as it's own thread, now you've repeated the same information in yet another thread.
I understand that you want to get the information out, but please be respectful to all our forum members. You have a voice to express your opinions, however that doesn't excuse rudeness.

MaMagica
08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
The comment about my photo was uncalled for. Please be mature. You posted your BBB comment in someone else's thread, then posted it as it's own thread, now you've repeated the same information in yet another thread.
I understand that you want to get the information out, but please be respectful to all our forum members. You have a voice to express your opinions, however that doesn't excuse rudeness.

OK kind of a hipocrite? This is my Thread adn I don't see how you are contributing in a positive manner?

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 11:21 AM
OK kind of a hipocrite? This is my Thread adn I don't see how you are contributing in a positive manner?

It isn't our job to be positive. You started the negativity by framing Brianna of being someone she isn't, which was uncalled for. What was also uncalled for was commenting rudely about Merman_Shawn's beautiful avatar photo. We get the point. Mermagica isn't always trustworthy. Let's just stop harping on it and get over the drama?

Merman_Shawn
08-11-2012, 11:22 AM
How exactly am I a hypocrite? I don't understand how calling my photo creepy, or accusing another member of being affiliated with a company they have no affiliation with, a positive contribution.

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 11:59 AM
*agrees with Shawn. And I, for one, think your avatar pic is beautiful :D

Merman_Shawn
08-11-2012, 12:05 PM
*agrees with Shawn. And I, for one, think your avatar pic is beautiful :D

Thank you my dear, that's very sweet. :)

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Thank you my dear, that's very sweet. :)

Yw :) What kind of tail is that anyway?

Thalassa
08-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Hmm. I understand wanting to get your message out there, I recently had a horrible experience with a seller and have had to hold back from posting said experience on every thread mentioning them (especially when they're advertising falsely). BUT when you post all over the place about one cause people start to 1) get really tired of you, especially when it's the majority of what you post and 2) start to see this as your own personal vendetta REGARDLESS of the validity of your claims.

It doesn't help you that so far in this thread two people have told you that this is duplicate information (By the way, did you know that you can ask administrators to move threads?) and so far you have accused one of them of being a Mermagica employee and told the other that they are creepy and a hypocrite. This does not say much for your own temperament, and it strengthens the feeling of this being a vendetta.

I'm NOT accusing you of this being a vendetta, but please be aware of how your rudeness effects how people see your information. Even thought I don't like Mermagica, I'm not personally inclined to listen to you after your rude behavior.

Merman_Shawn
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Yw :) What kind of tail is that anyway?

The body of scales are latex, and the fluke is silicone. This is actually Merguy Matt's tail. He was nice enough to let me use it for a few pics. My tail is currently under construction.

Mermaid Celissa
08-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh okay, cool :P

AniaR
08-11-2012, 01:21 PM
1. Only admins can see IP addresses on mernetwork, I know because I filled in briefly
2. It's a site rule here about making too many posts on the same thing, this is the 3rd one I've seen, the admin will put them all into 1. So no sense continuing to start new ones.
3. We get you're upset, trust me, you'll never hear anyone bitch about mertailor like I do after the experience I have had- but just because people respond to you doesn't mean they're all tail makers in disguise. Our admin actually always check IP addresses of people who register and cross check them with known tail maker IP because we have had issues in the past.
4. You JUST joined. Generally people actually try to get involved in the community, by posting an introduction, and then reviews. If your only reason for being here is to hate on mermagika I dont believe this is the place for you. Yes, we provide a place for people to write REVIEWS and talk about their experiences. We do want to know those things. But that is a small portion of our site.
5. Telling people their profile pic is creepy is a GREAT way to get banned. I think you should read our site rules before you continue on making any posts or replies. This is not the way to get people on your side.

I reported the duplicate posts which means the admin will combine all your related posts into one easy to find thread. You should also know that dramatic posts (such as insulting or accusing someone) are frequently removed and reposted into a thread entitled "the drama thread".

Before you continue posting, please create an introduction post in the appropriate area, and take time to read the rules : http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?266-Rules-and-Disclaimers

Winged Mermaid
08-11-2012, 04:38 PM
MaMagica posting the same posts multiple times in different places the way you have is considered spamming. Usually I would delete or combine threads, but this whole thread has turned into nothing but a ball of drama. It's going to the drama thread. In thee future if you wish to move a post to another section, simply report the post saying which section you want it moved to, PM an admin, or email us. Personally attacking people is against the rules, as is spamming. We understand you're upset and we will support you if you let us, instead of fighting with us. Just becuase you were wronged by a tailmaker does not mean that we're all against you too. Support is what a community is for. Just the same, you've broken rules, and if you continue any further there will be disciplinary action taken on your account.

Little_Orca
08-11-2012, 05:12 PM
*Shares the drama popcorn.*